Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crues the dirt

Go down 
+28
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
7thSecond
James B.
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
glassprison
Witchfinder
Glower
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Troublezone
Hadley
Thrasher73
Dark Horseman
Addy
Boris2008
the sentinel
nevermore
metalinmyveins
manny
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
fingers
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 5:03 pm

You can hear some of the new material they recorded for the soundtrack in this video. It's better than I was expecting.

Do you guys remember when they put out their "last" studio song, "All Bad Things"? I just listened to part of it again. Man is this song terrible!! No wonder they dropped it from their setlist on The End tour after a few shows.

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 988

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 6:20 pm

I kind of like All Bad Things. It's a lot better than "Sex" (which is so bad it's not worth posting).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17045

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 6:53 pm

All Bad Things is decent. It’s pretty much on par with the modern Crue sound like Saints of LA... but the vocals and lyrics sound forced.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Quote :
I kind of like All Bad Things. It's a lot better than "Sex" (which is so bad it's not worth posting).

Oh wow, I completely forgot about that one! If I remember right, they put that out right before a big tour with another act like Aerosmith or KISS, right?

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 am

"All Bad Things" is a brilliant meisterwerk compared to "The Dirt"....that newest song is just, if I may quote my Facebook self, "laughable sewage".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 11:05 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
"All Bad Things" is a brilliant meisterwerk compared to "The Dirt"....that newest song is just, if I may quote my Facebook self, "laughable sewage".

The song was bad in itself, but including the Machine Gun Kelly rap verse was a very...questionable move.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:49 pm

This soundtrack is going to be brutal to listen to straight through...you have to hear this awful new song "The Dirt," followed by some of their best stuff during the TFFL and SATD years, followed by a couple more new songs and a Madonna cover!

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 am

The new song is awful. Boring and generic with some rapping in the middle. And a Madonna cover to boot. How does that fit in with Crue? What world do these guys live in?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 10:12 am

All Bad Things is an ok song. I haven't heard the new song yet but will give it a listen to sooner or later.

That said, there has always been something about Motley Crue that rubbed me wrong. Neil, Sixx, and Lee always came across as total assclowns. They made some pretty good music but I could never understand how huge they were at one point
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 12:12 pm

007 wrote:
All Bad Things is an ok song. I haven't heard the new song yet but will give it a listen to sooner or later.

That said, there has always been something about Motley Crue that rubbed me wrong. Neil, Sixx, and Lee always came across as total assclowns. They made some pretty good music but I could never understand how huge they were at one point

Even when the Crue were at their most drugged out, Sixx was the brains of that outfit and Mars was the talent. With their room-temperature IQ's, Neil and Lee were lucky to be along for the ride.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Even when the Crue were at their most drugged out, Sixx was the brains of that outfit and Mars was the talent. With their room-temperature IQ's, Neil and Lee were lucky to be along for the ride.

I have always felt that Lee was the only real "talent" in the band, but to each their own. I agree though, that it was Nikki's band from the start and he's the "brains" behind it all. As for their success, the first few albums were great (in my opine) and they rode the Mtv wave to the fullest with "Girls" and "Feelgood" vids on constant rotation.
I had a high school friend who was nuts for the Crue back in the day. I have always liked them "well enough" but never really got how people couldn't see through them as almost all sizzle and no steak.
I had a conversation about Motley with the lady at the local record shop last night brought on by the release of the "Dirt" soundtrack. We came up with 2 theories:
1- They were on the way to being huge and the accident and drug abuse took them out of the game and changed them forever.
2- They expended all the talent they had by the time ToP was released and would never be as great as they were on Shout.
Either way, I feel they have been running on reputation and fumes since the late 1980's.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 8:23 am

The new song is awful. Boring and generic with some rapping in the middle.
And a Madonna cover to boot. How does that fit in with Crue?
What world do these guys live in?

They live in rehab - world. That's where.
Music ain't that important to Vince.
He did all sorts of other things outside the band.

One thing's for sure, business people still tell them
and convince them what to do - concerning CRUE lol
Way back when - when "Theater of Pain" came out - OMG
I looked at them - eye make up - lip stick - glam male drag queens -
People in offices told them to wear those monkey suits -

And the video - for smoking in the boys room - agggggghhhhh
Imagine. From Shout at the Devil - to that *&$#@ -
It's like KISS going from KISS ALIVE ll - to Dynasty - lol - wtf ?
Drugs and booze put them in L.A la la land.
Them trying to replace Vince - had to be the funniest attempt -
that the other three honestly tried.
Played a few shows - complete tour was cancelled. lol

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 9:08 am

I was checking the movie trailer earlier. Looks like something i might end up watching after all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 11:20 am

I have always felt that Lee was the only real "talent" in the band, but to each their own. wrote:

Tommy Lee is/was a decent drummer, but he's proven himself time and again to be such a despicable human being that I have trouble giving him credit for anything Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Tommy Lee is/was a decent drummer, but he's proven himself time and again to be such a despicable human being that I have trouble giving him credit for anything Laughing very hard

Yeah it will be interesting to see if they airbrush the stories in the book of him knocking girls teeth out Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 352445
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah it will be interesting to see if they airbrush the stories in the book of him knocking girls teeth out Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 352445

They're saving that for the sequel. They have yet to perfect a silicon sex doll to play the part of Pam Anderson.

Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Wait, Madonna cover? Havent heard anything about that. As a casual fan of hers, I cant think of any song she did that would fit the Crue.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 3:14 pm

Hadley wrote:
Wait, Madonna cover? Havent heard anything about that. As a casual fan of hers, I cant think of any song she did that would fit the Crue.

They covered 'Like a Virgin'. Seriously.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 3:53 pm

It's gotta be better than the original, right? Right ?....Anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17045

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 5:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hadley wrote:

They covered 'Like a Virgin'. Seriously.

Very ironic. The Crue guys are the furthest thing from a virgin. Unless they are referring to poping some chick’s cherry. But I doubt it considering that most girls that hung around them were used up groupies.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:58 pm

007 wrote:
It's gotta be better than the original, right? Right ?....Anyone ?

Maybe, but I doubt it'll be as good as Like a Surgeon

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:00 am

Well, here it is...

Mick, I'm sorry you had to play on this.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well, here it is...

Mick, I'm sorry you had to play on this.

That’s just......terrible. No
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 am

It's like Nikki is humping Fonzie's leg as he jumps the shark

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 8:48 am

I made it to the chorus and I thought...I'd rather hear Madonna's original version. Seriously. I would have rather had them do a cover that's been done a million times before like Ballroom Blitz or American Woman if they really felt they had to do a cover song. I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crues the dirt   Motley Crues the dirt - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crues the dirt
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next