Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley vs. KISS

Go down 
+13
exact33
tohostudios
ultmetal
nevermore
Getizzyback
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
17 posters

Motley Crue vs. KISS
Motley Crue - SEX
Motley vs. KISS Vote_lcap9%Motley vs. KISS Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
KISS - Hell or Hallelujah
Motley vs. KISS Vote_lcap91%Motley vs. KISS Vote_rcap
 91% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I saw this comparison on Braveword.com and thought it would be something cool for our board particiants to weigh-in on here.

Which track do you prefer, the new Motley Crue song, SEX or the new KISS song, Hell or Hallelujah?

Last edited by JBall_Z on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm

By the way, Bravewords.com gave the nod to Motley Crue. For me, Hell or Hallelujah is the more exciting and harder rockin' track.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Is the full Crue song now available? I've only heard a :30 clip.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't even have to hear the Crue song to vote... I simply like KISS better overall.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't even have to hear the Crue song to vote... I simply like KISS better overall.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39598

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Ditto for me as well
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Agree that KISS is better overall!!!!

Unfortunately I did hear the new Crue song and it is bad. Really bad. It sucks donkey d!c&$!!!!!

KISS comes up with a main riff that could fit on Rock & Roll Over or Love Gun. Crue comes up a piece of smurf poo!

Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The new Crue song is available. I downloaded the mp3 from Amazon with my free credit.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Kiss easily and I say that as a Crue fan.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Quote :

Just wanted to be part of the cool kids.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

my word exactly, except I simply like Motley overall
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Not their best song, but it rocks like only a Crue song does....

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:26 pm

The KISS song is much better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm definately more of a Crue fan, but I gotta hand this one to KISS. 'Hell or Halleluja' is a catchier tune.

That being said, 'Sex' isn't all that bad either. Sounds like Motley Crue to me. No better or worse than anything they put out in the last few years.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm

The Crue song is ok but the guitar riff is sort of generic and the guitar sound lacks a heavy edge. The Kiss song is catchy and sounds like classic Kiss.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

I actually like both but I think the Kiss song is slightly better; the guitar riff is catchier.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

and :29 too much for me. It was terrible.

ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The Crue song is ok but the guitar riff is sort of generic and the guitar sound lacks a heavy edge. The Kiss song is catchy and sounds like classic Kiss.

This and i hate Crue with a passion (we even ignored them at this years sweden rock festival....Smurf crue!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:33 pm

The new Motley Crue song sucks. The lyrics are cringe worthy, the riff is generic and it sounds like they recorded with a drum machine.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That being said, 'Sex' isn't all that bad either. Sounds like Motley Crue to me. No better or worse than anything they put out in the last few years.

I agree. It sounds like it could have been a SOLA (which I really like, btw) track.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The Kiss song is catchy and sounds like classic Kiss.

I think so too. It is really catchy.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Nikki needs to start slammin dope again or something. Paul may have lost his hair but he can still write a catchy ass tune.

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:37 am

The main riff to Hell Or Hallelujah reminds me of a transposed variation on "Burn" by Deep Purple. When I first heard the song the lyrics to Burn jumped into my head as soon as the song started.

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:39 am

none of them, both are below average forgottable.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

Motley vs. KISS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley vs. KISS   Motley vs. KISS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley vs. KISS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: