Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Purple legwarmers and pink boots....

Go down 
+12
T-Roy
stormspell
MetalGuy71
HarmonicSqueal
krokus
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
mc666
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
And the square tie?

Think it was a knit tie.

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 am

Still :defleppard:

very happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:04 am

I wore a tie for the first time in quite a while (to church) the other day. It had Spider-Man on it. So I'm still a non-conformist. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:04 am

Still :defleppard:

very happy

Not too gay. The girls liked it. Very Happy

Here's another 80's photo.
Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Me_2
Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Me_1

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:05 am

Hey, Ult. I had a pink knit tie.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:09 am

Hey, Ult. I had a pink knit tie.

I think that black knit tie was the only tie I owned in the 80's. LOL! I wasn't much for dressing up. My usual attire was a black band t-shirt, a leather or denim vest, and blue jeans. Never did the parachute pants or most of the gay 80's look. I even refused to wear shorts in the 80's, so you wouldn't even find a photo of me wearing those way to short shorts the guys wore then. The denim jacket in the black and white photo above was mine. Notice the pins all over it. Still remember what most of them were. An Anthrax tour pin from the first tour, a Ryche-campiain pin (Queensryche), a red Mercyful Fate pin, an Aerosmith - Rock in a Hard Place tour pin, Twisted Sister - You Can't Stop RnR pin...

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:09 am

Getting back to the Cinder-fellas, after that album came out, we went to downtown Philly where that photo was taken and we all posed in the same allleyway in our best Cinderella pose. I looked just like Fred Coury too with my bad jew-fro. Sadly, I don't have photographic evidence of this, but I do remember thinking it was so cool that we were in the exact same spot as the album cover. How metal!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:38 am

Another pic of me being METAL back in the day. Note the disinterested look on my face. The other guys in the pic are some of my fraternity brothers, I believe we were selling hot dogs in the student lounge as a chapter fundraiser or some such nonsense. Dig my old school Metallica JUSTICE shirt! It was actually a parking-lot bootleg shirt, purple tie-dyed, with a bad reproduction of the Cult's SONIC TEMPLE artwork (they were the opening act at the show where I bought it) on the back.

Oh, and the little thingie clipped to the left shoulder of my leather jacket was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle badge. Not sure where I got it from or why I put it there, but that Ninja Turtle went to many a show with me and survived many mosh pits and two stage dives. TURTLE POWER! Smile

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 PhiMu

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 12:29 pm

I had a Keyboard tie ala Damone in Fast Times. But I wore it with my Denim vest with the Jump in the Fire patch on the back (It was a transitional period - going from punk to metalhead) . That vest was one of the excuses Edison High School listed for expelling me. It also had a patch that was just the middle finger, and a few other "offensive" patches such as "F the System", Jodie Fosters Fan Club, etc. I refused to give in and kept wearing it to school. I was a pretty messed up kid, which is an understatement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 12:37 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I was a pretty messed up kid, which is an understatement.
I'm sorry to hear that. One day you'll get it all together. Patience, my friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
but note the fringy leather jacket (inspired by Dave Mustaine in the "No More Mr Nice Guy" video)...

Megadeth yeah right! This is Jon Bon Jovi jacket all the way Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:29 pm

stormspell wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
but note the fringy leather jacket (inspired by Dave Mustaine in the "No More Mr Nice Guy" video)...

Megadeth yeah right! This is Jon Bon Jovi jacket all the way Laughing

No sir. Mustaine all the way.

Observe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfeCViJEK0

Bon Jovi is, was, and always shall be THE ENEMY!!!

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:29 pm

"SHOT DOOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNN, IN A BLAZE OF GLOOORRRYYYYYYY"!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Bon Jovi was okay in the 80s. Can't care less for the yeeee-haaaw country stuff these days though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:51 pm

stormspell wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Bon Jovi was okay in the 80s. Can't care less for the yeeee-haaaw country stuff these days though.

You gay metalheads need to get your leather jackets fitted correctly and get sex before you get too old. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 MeNBry

That's me on the left circa 1990. No pink boots or purple spandex, but note the fringy leather jacket (inspired by Dave Mustaine in the "No More Mr Nice Guy" video), bandana around the neck, and the leather fingerless gloves (which always turned my hands blue, but I kept wearin'em anyway).

The things we did to look METAL back in the day huh???

The gloves are freaking CLASSIC! Laughing very hard

I must find some pictures of me with my flattop mullet.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:57 pm

Speaking of flattops, it reminds me of the Chris Rock Show skit "Daddy Still Has a Flattop".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:58 pm

kethdredd wrote:

The gloves are freaking CLASSIC! Laughing very hard

Those things were a pain in the ass! Like I said, the dye in the leather would always turn my hands blue, yet for some stupid reason I wore them everywhere I went nonetheless. I guess I thought they made me look more bad-ass or something.

At least I didn't walk around in public with a Kerry King-style nail-studded arm band on each forearm, like a guy I knew in college used to do.

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You gay metalheads need to get your leather jackets fitted correctly and get sex before you get too old. Jeez.

What is sex?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:01 pm

stormspell wrote:

What is sex?

I was about to ask the same question. I hope I can find out before I turn 40.

Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
stormspell wrote:

What is sex?

I was about to ask the same question. I hope I can find out before I turn 40.

If you can get it only while young, it must be like acne or something... I think I'll pass on that sex thingy for now Smile
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 5:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That's me on the left circa 1990. No pink boots or purple spandex, but note the fringy leather jacket (inspired by Dave Mustaine in the "No More Mr Nice Guy" video), bandana around the neck, and the leather fingerless gloves (which always turned my hands blue, but I kept wearin'em anyway).

Back in the day, and why not today??? Okay, you are a little older and you started before me but i still walk the way you did back in that photo. Pure metal, in and outside. Why not??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:11 pm

krokus wrote:

Back in the day, and why not today??? Okay, you are a little older and you started before me but i still walk the way you did back in that photo. Pure metal, in and outside. Why not??? Very Happy

Mainly because I've gained more than a few pounds since that photo was taken, so I couldn't fit into those clothes anymore if I tried... Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That's
me on the left circa 1990. No pink boots or purple spandex, but note
the fringy leather jacket (inspired by Dave Mustaine in the "No More Mr
Nice Guy" video), bandana around the neck, and the leather fingerless
gloves (which always turned my hands blue, but I kept wearin'em
anyway).

For that dude on the right, that's kind of the look I have going on minus the mullet and cowboy boots Laughing . Harley boots are MUCH better. Wink
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:49 pm

Quite possibly the BIGGEST hair ever:

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Gilletteme1
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purple legwarmers and pink boots....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next