Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pink Fairies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:54 am

I noticed Troggy has had his lava lamp on lately, which brought to mind Hawkwind's sidekicks The Pink Fairies. A strange band that I was puzzled but fascinated by for a long time until I finally acquirred the taste for Pink Fairies. Simple and proggy at the same time, fun and capable of being heavy (see "The Snake"). I like almost everything they've done, including the comeback R & R record in the mid-80's.
Any fans?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:12 am

Hippie Punks anyone.

Love the Pinkies. All over the place and flayed, which is exactly their appeal.

First record Never Never Land is my fave, Rudolph's guitar sounding like none before or after him. "Do It" does it to me every time.

Really important to the history of punk if you can believe it.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:56 am

So which is your fav Pinkies rekkid Sahb?

I've got money on the table its Kings Of Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:21 am

Another band I've been wanting to check out for some time but haven't yet. Only thing I know about them (aside from glowing reviews I read everywhere) is that guitarist Larry Wallis played with Motorhead on the On Parole sessions prior to Fast Eddie joining up. The Pink Fairies 309780

*wanders off in search of kind and generous blog owners who are also proto fans and dedicated to spreading the wealth*
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:33 am

rattpoison wrote:
So which is your fav Pinkies rekkid Sahb?

I've got money on the table its Kings Of Oblivion.

Nope, it's Neverland. But on any given day it could be any one of them, including the comeback "Kill Em and Eat 'Em" from around '87. It reminds me a little of the Joe Perry Project at times.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:35 am

I've never heard Kill Em and Eat Em.

Joe Perry Project! Sounds interesting. What is it more straight up rock n' roll.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Just be happy for me...   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:44 am

ooops.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:48 am

rattpoison wrote:
I've never heard Kill Em and Eat Em.

Joe Perry Project! Sounds interesting. What is it more straight up rock n' roll.

Sorry, I sent a post the wrong direction there somehow. Anyway, yeah, that's exactly what "Kill Em and Eat'Em" is,
Rock N' Roll. I like it.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:53 am

Hmm this interests me.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:54 am

It should. Most Faires fans didn't like it though.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:00 am

But then what is your typical Fairies fan like, i'd think they'd appeal to alot of different crusty music fans.

I found out about them on this handy little proto-punk comp wedged between the Hollywood Brats and Modern Lovers that came with a music rag. I think it had the full throttle blitzer 'City Kids' on it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:18 pm

I listened to it last night while reading some reviews. It got terrible reviews. I don't know why. It's fun Rock & roll to my ears. Fun like the Tubes.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 12:48 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
It's fun Rock & roll to my ears.

Sometimes that's all you need.

Obviously the reviewers are comparing it to their somehow ground breaking records of the early 70's.

But if anyone could have the license to make a straight up rock n' roll record then it's these guys. Now that's what i call progressive. Cool
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:05 am

The main complaint I read is that it's not tight. Of course it's not tight, it's the friggin' Pink Fairies. They'd sound horrible if they tried to play tight. They had to get stoned and bash out the songs in one take probabley. That's the whole point of the Fairies. I think the songs are strong and funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Pink Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pink Fairies   The Pink Fairies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pink Fairies
Page 1 of 1