Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?

Go down 
+10
mlotek
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Runicen
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:29 pm

I've been thinking recently about Megadeth's cover of "These Boots" that was removed after the original pressing of Killing is My Business..., and then added back on for the 2002 remix/remaster, but with all the altered lyrics beeped over.

Would you rather have that beeped over version or nothing at all. This is, of course, barring just buying an original pressing. But not including that, and not speaking to the actual quality of this specific remix/remaster....would you prefer a butchered version of a song to be re-added later on, or just stay left off?

I remember when I bought the 2002 edition, I don't think I listened to "These Boots" more than once, because the beeping so annoying. I think it would've been better just left off altogether.

I definitely think it's annoying having versions of records missing tracks, but it's even more annoying having severely butchered versions. And if it had to be, I'd rather them just lift those lyrics out so there is just music there. Who wants to listen to beeps? Long beeps at that.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:34 pm

I have the original version, the version without and the version with the bleeps. I would prefer not to have the song at all. The bleeped version is stupid and done just for spite.

A bit of trivia, there is a second version of "These Boots" featuring Gar and Chris Poland and it was released on the Dudes movie soundtrack:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Not at all rather than the super annoying bleeps, but like WF I have the original both on vinyl & CD  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:44 pm

None at all. I hate censored beeps in anything. They are annoying as hell.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
A bit of trivia, there is a second version of "These Boots" featuring Gar and Chris Poland and it was released on the Dudes movie soundtrack

I knew These Boots was on that soundtrack, but I did not know it was any different than the KIMB version. I wonder if that has anything to do with that soundtrack not staying print? Could be also that it appeals to a more niche group than, say, the Fast Times at Ridgemont High soundtrack or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:57 pm

My original copy of Killing...was the version without 'These Boots'. I bought the remaster and thought the bleeped version was kinda funny. Classic angry, bitter Mustaine. I rarely listen to that version these days, but I'm not too bothered by it.

I also have the Dudes soundtrack with that alternate version, so I got my bases covered.

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I knew These Boots was on that soundtrack, but I did not know it was any different than the KIMB version.

I didn't know it was an alternate version until someone here pointed it out to me. Are the 2 versions that much different? I found it a few years ago in a used shop and snapped it up primarily for that song. That's a pretty decent soundtrack by the way. Some other cool tunes on there besides Megadeth.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:32 pm

I'd much rather have nothing or an instrumental track. Hell, Dave could have just played the vocal melody as a guitar lead and it would have worked. The beeps were unlistenable.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Man, I LOVE the uncensored version of this track.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:18 am

I hate that beeped version. So stupid.

When I first upgraded my old cassette of K.I.M.B. to CD in the early '00s I bought a used Combat Records copy, having no idea that "These Boots" had been taken off the record at some point when I wasn't paying attention. When I realized it was missing, I was less than thrilled, haha. Not that it was my favorite song on the album or anything, but just knowing the CD was "incomplete" bugged the @#$% out of my O.C.D. Very Happy

So when the remaster was coming out and I heard that "Boots" would be reinstated, I thought my problem was solved... till I heard it and it was all BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP. I was so annoyed that I eventually traded that CD off and stuck with my earlier copy.

Eventually I just YouTube-to-MP3'd the uncut "Boots" so I'm good.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue May 19, 2015 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:23 am

On a side note: Nancy Sinatra's legs were way better than Dave Mustaine's. Very Happy

I actually had a brief Nancy Sinatra encounter in the mid 90s when I first started working at the local newspaper.

She was coming in to speak to our entertainment reporter about a one-woman show she was doing in Atlantic City (I think). I was coming back from lunch at the same time she was walking in the door so I held the door for her. (If memory serves, she said "Thanks, hon.")  I recognized her cuz she had recently done a Playboy photo spread, which got her a lot of press since she was in her mid-50s at the time. I gotta say, she was lookin' pretty MILFy that day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
On a side note: Nancy Sinatra's legs were way better than Dave Mustaine's. Very Happy

I actually had a brief Nancy Sinatra encounter in the mid 90s when I first started working at the local newspaper.

She was coming in to speak to our entertainment reporter about a one-woman show she was doing in Atlantic City (I think). I was coming back from lunch at the same time she was walking in the door so I held the door for her. (If memory serves, she said "Thanks, hon.")  I recognized her cuz she had recently done a Playboy photo spread, which got her a lot of press since she was in her mid-50s at the time. I gotta say, she was lookin' pretty MILFy that day.

I envy you for that encounter. Nancy has always been face-meltingly hot. A goddess at any age.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:12 am

That's hilarious, even though I have the 2002 re-mastered album, I never knew there were any bleeps. I think that tells you what I think of that song. I also have the original version. I guess I prefer that version, even though I can't stand the song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 2:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I envy you for that encounter. Nancy has always been face-meltingly hot. A goddess at any age.

She had a good run for sure, but time has caught-up with Nancy. She looks pretty much what you'd expect a 74-year old woman to look like.
Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Nancy-sinatra-now_thumb1
She's still got a radio show on Sirius and she sounds like Lunch Lady Doris.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Well at least we still have the pictures of her from her youth.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? 3936635-6756149474-114.j
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:29 pm

I thought the Dudes movie soundtrack version was after Chris and Gar were fired.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 2:08 am

mlotek wrote:
I thought the Dudes movie soundtrack version was after Chris and Gar were fired.

It was the last thing they recorded with that particular lineup. The soundtrack was released in 1987 which is the same year they were fired.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:52 pm

Not at all, the bleeped version is annoying as can be.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I prefer the KMFDM version:

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 1:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I'd rather listen to screeching monkeys.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Ouch ! I agree. That's pretty bad to my ears.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 8:14 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Ouch ! I agree. That's pretty bad to my ears.

As much as I don't like the song and wished Megadeth had never covered it, I would listen to Megadeth's version every day if I it meant I didn't need to hear this version ever again.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I hate that beeped version. So stupid.

AMEN
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 1:58 pm

None at all. The beeped version is annoying as hell!

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?   Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth's "These Boots" cover: Would you rather the beeped version or none at all?
Page 1 of 1