Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Purple legwarmers and pink boots....

Go down 
+12
T-Roy
stormspell
MetalGuy71
HarmonicSqueal
krokus
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
mc666
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
DeathCult
Tall Tyrion
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Empty
PostSubject: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 1:23 am

Are metal:

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Cinderellavm8
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:03 am

No they're not. Evil or Very Mad

But Cinderella is. Twisted Evil

🤘
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:40 am

Funny, I was expecting a picture of Bon Jovi. sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:39 am

id say those are more of a light red
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:22 am

Keifer's thumbs-up gun finger thingies are more of a concern in that picture. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:59 pm

in what universe? and can someone get me Jeff LaBarr's phone number? He looks WICKED HOT in that pic! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:39 am

Don't y'all be hatin' on Cinderella yo! NIGHT SONGS and LONG COLD WINTER are classics round my house!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:42 am

That's the test of a good band. Cinderella back then could have worn chicken suits and their music still would have been good. Whereas, Trixter never had a shot in hell.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:02 am

the clothes are one thing... it's the hair i never understood. how was that ever considered cool?

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:24 am

I'm with you 666....I'll never grasp how any of that was thought of as a good idea. How did it get to that point? I guess marketing to 13-18 year olds had something to do with it.....

Sadly (or not) I missed out on a lot of that music the first time around because the look turned me away. However, it makes for interesting and perhaps more honest listening now as I'm delving into those 80's bands catalogues and I don't care (as much) that they looked like tools....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 am

As metal as I tried to look, I never teased my hair up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:33 am

I guess if you weren't part of that scene in the 80's, it wouldn't make much sense. I was never into the spandex and stuff, but I did go for the big hair for a while.

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Holysaint_n_me-1
That's me on the left with the blonde streak and the big hair (around 1986 or 87)

ult

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:37 am

ultmetal wrote:
I guess if you weren't part of that scene in the 80's, it wouldn't make much sense. I was never into the spandex and stuff, but I did go for the big hair for a while.

That's me on the left with the blonde streak and the big hair (around 1986 or 87)

ult

you look like tony lee's brother,hehehe
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 am

ultmetal wrote:

and you decided to top it off with that Kirk Hammet mustashe. Laughing very hard

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 am

I love that cover by CINDERELLA. In those days man knew how to dress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:29 am

I went big, but then again, everything I have ever done has been to excess. All I know is the chicks dug it, and for a teenage boy, you would cut off your leg if ya thought you had a chance....

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
As metal as I tried to look, I never teased my hair up.

I never did, either, although I did tie bandanas around my knees and elbows for awhile. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:35 am

I cut holes next to the seams of my jeans and put shoelaces in them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:36 am

I bleached spots into jeans and cut out the knees. I never got laid. Sad
Back to top Go down
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:40 am

Man that was what it was all about a couple decades ago! Spandex was only used when going to a show and not for everyday use (thankfully). Had the Joe Elliott Hysteria-style shredded jeans. I remember for awhile a friend and I got in the habit of wearing band buttons down the front of our jeans. Man, we were stylin'! And the makeup? Again, just for shows and not everyday...and the guy who plays bass in "Blood Pollution" in the movie "Rock Star" put it perfectly..."I just keep putting it on until I want to..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/harmonicsqueal

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:42 am

Well, I never wore spandex or makeup.

But I still looked dumb.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:46 am

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... MeNBry

That's me on the left circa 1990. No pink boots or purple spandex, but note the fringy leather jacket (inspired by Dave Mustaine in the "No More Mr Nice Guy" video), bandana around the neck, and the leather fingerless gloves (which always turned my hands blue, but I kept wearin'em anyway).

The things we did to look METAL back in the day huh???

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:49 am

Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Me_6
The 80's. I was stylin' here. Think I was getting ready to go to church or something. A tie and button up shirt were not my usual dress, although I would often sport a jacket much like the one above with band buttons all over it. Also, this is usually how I wore my hair. I rarely poofed it up like the other photo.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Me_6
The 80's. I was stylin' here. Think I was getting ready to go to church or something. A tie and button up shirt were not my usual dress, although I would often sport a jacket much like the one above with band buttons all over it. Also, this is usually how I wore my hair. I rarely poofed it up like the other photo.

Dude, that jacket is totally "Miami Vice" Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:57 am

And the square tie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purple legwarmers and pink boots....   Purple legwarmers and pink boots.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purple legwarmers and pink boots....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next