Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cats In Boots

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
martinsane
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Vexer6
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:33 am

Anyone familiar with this short-lived hard rock band? I just heard of them today when they were mentioned by Todd in the Shadows on his Youtube show "One-Hit Wonderland"

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 9:10 am

I am a big fan of this band. I have Kicked And Klawed but I've never heard their first album Demonstration: East Meets West. The lead singer Joel Ellis moved on to Heavy Bones after the demise of Cats In Boots.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 10:14 am

I remember seeing the album in stores but don't think I ever actually heard them.

The Japanese guitar player had been a member of Seikima-II before coming to the U.S.to join this band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 1:56 pm

I have only Kicked And Klawed as well. Excellent album!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I am a big fan of this band.  I have Kicked And Klawed but I've never heard their first album Demonstration: East Meets West. The lead singer Joel Ellis moved on to Heavy Bones after the demise of Cats In Boots.

Heavy Bones were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:53 pm

I remember the name (which I thought was dumb), but I don't know that I ever heard the music. That song's not half-bad.

Just another band that got lost in the over-abundance of hair metal signings in the late 80's-early 90's.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 9:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I remember the name (which I thought was dumb), but I don't know that I ever heard the music. That song's not half-bad.

Just another band that got lost in the over-abundance of hair metal signings in the late 80's-early 90's.

Pretty much my thoughts too. How much do I owe ya MG?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Ha. I just realized something. That song is called "Her Monkey" and MG, you should be all over that!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Loved this record and the Demonstration disc as well. The Heavy Bones was good but a bit less sleazy.

This one was always a fave:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Ha. I just realized something. That song is called "Her Monkey" and MG, you should be all over that!

Must've been the band name that threw me off Razz

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 2:05 am

I've got Kicked and Klawed. It's good stuff. Heavy Bones is decent too.

Some useless info that some may find interesting, Frankie Banali played drums in HB.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 10:26 am

Cats In Boots 69126

Last edited by Glower on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 1:37 am

Does anyone have the Last Works CD?  I've been searching the internet and have had no luck finding it.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=130&CDName=Last+Works

I read an interview with Joel Ellis on Sleazeroxx. Apparently these guys were huge overseas(especially in Japan, where Kicked and Klawed debuted at #3, it was also in the top 10 in the U.K.) and the reason for their breakup was because their record label wanted a rehash of the first album, thought the band wanted to move in a different direction musically, which lead to them being dropped from their label.

Heavy Bones was also apparently supposed to be much heavier then it was(according to Ellis, the producer was a total control freak who wanted Heavy Bones to be the next Def Leppard) he also hated the cover art for the album(which is pretty lame and looks like it was drawn by a sixth-grader, sort of reminds me of Black Sabbath's Born Again).

http://sleazeroxx.com/interviews/joel-ellis-interview/
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Definitely a Kicked & Klawed is definitely a solid sleazy, hard rock album. I'm diggin' it. Sits in neatly with Faster P*ssycat, Dangerous Toys, Love/Hate and the like.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:26 pm

I had Kicked and Klawed on cassette tape back in the day (yeah, I'm old). Can't remember a thing about it but after reading this thread I guess I need to revisit it since I'm the resident sleaze fan.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:27 pm

I take that back. I do remember something about a stupid, mostly black and white cover with green lettering.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 2:51 am

I like Cats in Boots but I much prefer the later Heavy Bones project:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cats In Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats In Boots   Cats In Boots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cats In Boots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: