Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!

Go down 
+18
MetalRob331
kmorg
caniplaywithmadness?
Thrasher73
mez
Jedilink
DallasBlack
mc666
journeyman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Troublezone
Wargod
romeolimagolf
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I wonder where this leaves Barlow's law-enforcement career? Is he giving it up??

Maybe he got shot at while he was out on patrol one night and thought, "Hmm, y'know, maybe that heavy metal gig wasn't as bad as I thought it was."

laughing

That was funny.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:17 pm

I KNEW IT! IT HAS TO HAPPEN!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:45 pm

For some selfish reason i love the fact that Matt is back. Ripper in my eyes changed the whole way Jon went about writing material. With Matt at the healm IE made some of the best cds to date. I was used to Dark Saga and Something this way Comes being so awesome then i heard The Great Burden and it was 2 different bands. I'm so glad Matt is back and i hope Jon goes back to writing those traditional riffs and just letting Matts voice mesmerize us...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:56 pm

I don't think Owens had anything to do with Jon's writing style. The Glorious Burden was written with Matt in the band, remember? And while Something Wicked part 1 is a different kind of album, if you strip away all the orchestration and stuff, it's the same writing style.

And if you wonder if Matt can pull off the Owens material:

Last edited by on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Quote :
For some selfish reason i love the fact that Matt is back.

I'm kinda feeling this way as well. As much as I like Owens in every band he's sang (sung? singed?) with, something about Barlow being back with Iced Earth just seems right. I guess it's because Matt really defined the sound of Iced Earth. Just like Bruce with Maiden and Rob with Priest. It just sounds right and noone else can fill those shoes no matter how talented they may be.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I am confused. Travel in Stygian is a Tim Owens'-era song? lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:22 pm

mc666 wrote:
meh, Jon should join up with Scott & Charlie from Anthrax & just share a singer. maybe Messiah Marcolin. that way all of the difficult divas would be together in one single band.

That's pretty funny ! Seriously though, I can't see how this will all work out. I missed the other thread about Winter's Bane and Owens, but he's going to do them and Beyond Fear and Barlow will be in Iced Earth,Pyramaze and still be a cop ? Sounds like a full plate for both singers. I'd like to see them pull it off (and I still need to get Framing Armageddon!)If it would get re-recorded, I'm not sure which version I'd get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:59 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I am confused. Travel in Stygian is a Tim Owens'-era song? lol!
Did you listen to the song? Did you listen to how he sang the song? There is no LOL here, my friend.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:48 pm

ICED EARTH - Barlow In, North American Tour Out
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 19:54:38 EST

Untold number of fans were ecstatic to learn that vocalist Matt Barlow would be re-joining ICED EARTH, following a four-year absence. Given the sudden, and admittedly out-of-the-blue, revelation, BW&BK scribe Mark Gromen put in a call to founder/guitarist Jon Schaffer. Fresh from England and Europe, where the band opened for HEAVEN AND HELL, as well as a short headlining stint, Schaffer is busy writing the second instalment of the Something Wicked story-line, Revelation Abomination. Most of the conversation will remain private (at Schaffer's request), to be publicly disseminated when he does official press, sometime after the holidays. What can be confirmed is that the timing of recording and release will be affected by Tim 'Ripper' Owens (BEYOND FEAR, ex-JUDAS PRIEST) being replaced by Barlow, namely down to the birth of Barlow's child (his wife going into labor earlier today December 12th). A family man himself, Schaffer understands the commitment, keeping Barlow out of the studio until late February. "I'm behind anyway," admits Schaffer, "I'm writing the lyrics/vocal melodies and starting the vocal arrangements now. I have three songs done. We should have be doing master vocal takes the second week of January and mixing in early February, but that's changed now."

Needless to say, a delayed trip to the studio means the planned (?) spring tour is off and all future dates will have to be co-ordinated around Barlow's career. Expect to see a full statement from Matt Barlow within the next day or so, posted on IcedEarth.com.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 pm

I want to hear Owens press release.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
I want to hear Owens press release.

I was thinking the exact same thing eyesore! It will be interesting reading to contrast the 2 press releases.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:49 am

Wow, this is getting very interesting. Almost like watching a movie or sumthin'.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:18 am

blackieboy wrote:
Wow, this is getting very interesting. Almost like watching a movie or sumthin'.

Shocked

You said it brotha.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 5:48 am

poor tim he always seems to get ousted from the bands hes in. first priest and now iced earth. its good to hear barlows back though
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:21 am

how is he gonna balance iced earth, pyramaze and being a police officer all at the same time. theres a lot on his plate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:24 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
how is he gonna balance iced earth, pyramaze and being a police officer all at the same time. theres a lot on his plate

Robocop.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:26 am

spectrefate wrote:

Robocop.

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Neca18robocop3_1581

BACK ON LINE. BACK ON DUTY.

Totally unrelated note, "RoboCop" is the greatest movie ever made.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Robocop.

the FIRST one is great. i'll leave it at that tho Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Robocop.

the FIRST one is great. i'll leave it at that tho Razz

I'm a Robo-Geek so I'll go as far as the 2nd one. "R3" was for kids, and the TV series sucked. Thankfully the rumored remake of "RoboCop" has been shot down, last I heard, at least for now.

Now see what you did, SpectreFate? You made me go off topic again. I'm gonna get a demerit for this, I just KNOW it. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:33 am

I was wondering how I would get off topic in an Iced Earth thread as I know just about zilch about them, but I am triumphant once again! Smile
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:51 am

I get the impression that Matt does not intend on giving up his law enforcement career. From the statements left on the Pyramaze forum, it sounds like Matt will still be a part of that band as well. There is only one way I can see Matt being able to be in both bands and still be a cop - Iced Earth is no longer a touring band, it is just a studio band. They may do a few festivals shows, but I don't see how they can do a world tour and Matt keep his job. With John recently becoming a father, it would not suprise me if he wanted to reduce Iced Earth's touring shedule, and that may have even been a necessessary condition for Barlows return.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 am

romeolimagolf wrote:
I get the impression that Matt does not intend on giving up his law enforcement career. From the statements left on the Pyramaze forum, it sounds like Matt will still be a part of that band as well. There is only one way I can see Matt being able to be in both bands and still be a cop - Iced Earth is no longer a touring band, it is just a studio band. They may do a few festivals shows, but I don't see how they can do a world tour and Matt keep his job. With John recently becoming a father, it would not suprise me if he wanted to reduce Iced Earth's touring shedule, and that may have even been a necessessary condition for Barlows return.

Jon's had health issues of his own (back problems) for the past couple of years so he may have wanted to cut back on Iced Earths' touring anyway.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:

Jon's had health issues of his own (back problems) for the past couple of years so he may have wanted to cut back on Iced Earths' touring anyway.

If that is true then I will forever regret not being able to see Iced Earth live seeing as I doubt they'd come to Texas if all they end up playing is festivals (but this is still all speculation so I have not given up hope).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:16 am

i saw them with ripper supporting heaven and hell. cool show. hopefully they'll tour with barlow
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:19 am

I saw'em with Barlow on the HORROR SHOW in 2002, phenomenal show!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next