Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield

Go down 
+6
TheGooch
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Smindas
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Empty
PostSubject: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:18 am

Hey guys.

Been an Iced Earth fan forever! I read somewhere that James Hetfield got Matt Barlow into thrash metal about the same time that Hetfield got Dimebag into it.

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/james-hetfield-converting-dimebag-to-thrash-metal-t3676.htm

Is this true?

BTW, have you heard the new Judas Priest song?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:19 am

I haven't heard the new Judas Priest song but I've heard the new Nightwish album and it sucks.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:20 am

James who? Iced what? Dime-whatever?

Never heard of any of those bands. We're all about nu-metal and troo arcane US steele vinyl here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:35 am

Huh? What's this "metal"? I thought this was a jazz fusion board.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:20 am

That sounds really far-fetched considering that Dime met Hetfield in like 85/86 or so and Barlow was a nobody then.

If Barlow met Hetfield when he was in IE and he DIDN'T already know what thrash was then he was REALLY out of touch.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:34 am

(pssst. Spec is having a laugh. No need to get your proverbial knickers in a twist ;P)

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Nightwish Rules 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:27 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Nightwish Rules 🤘

They used to.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Nightwish Rules 🤘

They used to.

dont start that again or i will be forced to flame angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 pm

TheGooch wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Nightwish Rules 🤘

They used to.

Nightwish does not now, nor did they ever, rule.

Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield 288219

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Nightwish Rules 🤘

They used to.

i must say freddy i have gone off you to a degree
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:41 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Nightwish Rules 🤘

They used to.

i must say freddy i have gone off you to a degree

Why, just cuz I don't like Nightwish? Or is it cuz I refuse to give up my Metallica vinyl??

Sheesh. Quit bein' so sensitive!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:45 pm

your metallica vinyl collection is of no consequence since it has been reissued in the states already and worldwide on may 19th (dont quote me on that)

proverbially speaking i would die for nightwish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:46 pm

TheGooch wrote:

Do you promise?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 pm

TheGooch wrote:
your metallica vinyl collection is of no consequence since it has been reissued in the states already and worldwide on may 19th (dont quote me on that)

Yea, OK, but *MY* Metallica vinyls are the original pressings...

Quote :

Fair enough. There was a time in my life when I would've gladly taken a bullet for members of W.A.S.P....

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Yea, OK, but *MY* Metallica vinyls are the original pressings...

Quote :

Fair enough. There was a time in my life when I would've gladly taken a bullet for members of W.A.S.P....

note i have original pressings of puppets, creeping death, garage days re-revisited and ride the lightning picture disc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yes they do, you turd-poking yellow thing!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

seconded! 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 pm

sign

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Mind you this is coming from Eyesore, who stuck up for Trixter around here a while back. Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield 19976

Quote :
note i have original pressings of puppets, creeping death, garage days re-revisited and ride the lightning picture disc

Cool, but I still gots me some sweet-a$$ vinyl bootlegs from back in the day that yooooou don't!! growl

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Quote :

Eyesore wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:

Mind you this is coming from a guy who stuck up for Trixter a while back. Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield 19976

lol!

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:59 pm

I am not going to comment on this anymore
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Also, I think heavy metal is satanic, Metallica has lost it, Rush used to be heavy metal, saxophones do not belong in metal and growling vocals suck.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Wow, even this thread have multiple serious replies! I'm not going to fall into that trap!!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:35 pm

I dont know but If I find out i'll make a new thread for the answer Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield   Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Barlow exposed to thrash along with Dime by Hetfield
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next