Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!

Go down 
+18
MetalRob331
kmorg
caniplaywithmadness?
Thrasher73
mez
Jedilink
DallasBlack
mc666
journeyman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Troublezone
Wargod
romeolimagolf
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:30 pm

If this turns out to be true, I'd bet this was more of Tim's doing than Jon's.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:46 pm

From Pyramaze's official forum:

"Just so you guys know, Matt is still in Pyramaze and the recording is going as planned. Matt will issue his own press statement soon, so stay tuned. cheers -jonah w"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:52 pm

So I guess it's not April 1st after all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If this turns out to be true, I'd bet this was more of Tim's doing than Jon's.

I'm wondering if it may have been SPV's doing more than either of them. The new album did not get the greatest reviews, dunno how well (or not) it's selling, but if the album was tanking, who's to say that the head of SPV might have gently nudged Jon into giving Matt a call?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:00 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:

"Just so you guys know, Matt is still in Pyramaze and the recording is going as planned. Matt will issue his own press statement soon, so stay tuned. cheers -jonah w"

How does that work?
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:02 pm

Wow. I can't believe this. I never would have thought Matt would ever be back in Iced Earth. This is crazy. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:12 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:

How does that work?
Pyramaze have decided to stop being a touring band and just release CDs and do a few one-off shows each year, all of which Matt could do without quitting his current career.

With that in mind, I think this may turn out to be something similar to what went down with Threshold recently. Their singer bailed, so Damian Wilson, their previous singer, stepped in so they could finish thier tour. I think Tim bailed and Matt is stepping in. It wouldn't surprise me if Matt is just doing the upcoming album so it can get released and then Jon will seek another vocalist.

But who knows. Just stirring the pot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:12 pm

I don't know about Matt re-recording part one, but he DID record vocals for The Glorious Burden. Will that version now be released?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:

How does that work?
Pyramaze have decided to stop being a touring band and just release CDs and do a few one-off shows each year, all of which Matt could do without quitting his current career.

With that in mind, I think this may turn out to be something similar to what went down with Threshold recently. Their singer bailed, so Damian Wilson, their previous singer, stepped in so they could finish thier tour. I think Tim bailed and Matt is stepping in. It wouldn't surprise me if Matt is just doing the upcoming album so it can get released and then Jon will seek another vocalist.

But who knows. Just stirring the pot. Very Happy

I think Jon prides himself on line-up changes, in pretty much everything i've read he seems to think its positive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:16 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
I don't know about Matt re-recording part one, but he DID record vocals for The Glorious Burden. Will that version now be released?
That would be cool, but remember, Jon said his heart wasn't in it and his vocals didn't sound good enough. Of course, he also said Tim Owens is the kind of vocalist he always envisioned singing for Iced Earth.

But hey, Iced Earth is BACK!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:
That would be cool, but remember, Jon said his heart wasn't in it and his vocals didn't sound good enough. Of course, he also said Tim Owens is the kind of vocalist he always envisioned singing for Iced Earth.

But hey, Iced Earth is BACK!! Rolling Eyes
He said that about Matt too!

In fact in that greatest hits collection, released after The Glorious Burden there was an interview saying Matt was there to stay Laughing
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:25 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:

I would love to hear Matt do the Glorious Burden.

-where the metal meets the meat!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
When did he say that?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:39 pm

meh, Jon should join up with Scott & Charlie from Anthrax & just share a singer. maybe Messiah Marcolin. that way all of the difficult divas would be together in one single band.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:52 pm

....What the hell can I say. On one hand I am exstatic that Matt is back with IE, on the other hand, how will Matt work with IE and remain a cop (unless he quits the force)? Was Tim fired or did he quit? Will Framing Armegeddon be re-recorded? Questions that must be answered. This is wierd to the thousandth degree and I am uterly speechless. I will wait til further details before I comment further seeing as I'm starting to ramble on.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:15 am

Well I never had any problems with Tim's voice. I think he's a great singer in fact. Although I JUST JUST started getting into Iced Earth so I'm not really going to say anything. Razz

Although I know that Matt is a fan fave so it's probably a good thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 am

The more I think about this, the more I think Tim walked away. I mean, this is Jon's epic, the album he refused to give to Century Media, fearing they'd screw it up on him. So why this? Why would he switch vocalist mid-story? It doesn't make sense, knowing the kind of person Jon has been with his music. It just seems like too stupid a mistake for him to make.

I think this is going to be a case of Jon having no choice but to find a new singer, and Matt being the best and most logical choice.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:30 am

Yeah, but now we'll have a concept album with two singers. Stupid! Matt and Tim are two completely different singers. Are they going to re-record part 1 with Matt? It will sound stupid if they don't.

This had better be a hoax. Laughing[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!!! I hope they redo Part 1 now!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:53 am

mc666 wrote:
meh, Jon should join up with Scott & Charlie from Anthrax & just share a singer. maybe Messiah Marcolin. that way all of the difficult divas would be together in one single band.

HA!!! Classic Smile
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
When did he say that?

Blessed and The Damned booklet and Dark Genesis boxset.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:13 am

I like both Ripper and Matt,so it doesnt matter to me one way or the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:20 am

in greece there's a special nickname for barlow....but i don't know exactly how to write it in english,hehehehe....sure it will be edited....
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 am

woooooooo, i'm happy Smile

barlows amazing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:21 am

I wonder where this leaves Barlow's law-enforcement career? Is he giving it up??

Maybe he got shot at while he was out on patrol one night and thought, "Hmm, y'know, maybe that heavy metal gig wasn't as bad as I thought it was."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
I am shocked as well... the apr 1 was my first thought too! I have to say though that I really like Ripper. I have enjoyed his IE work and while some may not like him I thought he did a great job.

I agree. I don't have the new one yet, but "The Glorious Burden" was a great album IMO. This is crazy.

My favorite IE albums will probably always be "The Dark Saga" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes", but IMHO, I actually thought that "The Glorious Burden" was far superior to Barlow's last studio album with the band, "Horror Show". I don't actually know that I like this news. Tim Owens seemed to fit nicely in Iced Earth. I've not heard "Framing Armegeddon" yet though ... but still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next