Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!

Go down 
+18
MetalRob331
kmorg
caniplaywithmadness?
Thrasher73
mez
Jedilink
DallasBlack
mc666
journeyman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Troublezone
Wargod
romeolimagolf
ultmetal
Chairman_Smith
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:13 pm

iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Immortal_large

This is the cover of the new album.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:06 pm

thats pretty cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:45 pm

AWESOME!!! I love what I have heard of Pyramaze, though I don't own any albums yet. I think I'll pick up that new one though - ASAP!!!

Anyone know when it's being released?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 pm

Quote :
With the framework for the Armageddon of Man firmly laid with the band’s
2007 full-length release, "Framing Armageddon - Something Wicked Part I", ICED EARTH are set to launch the next installment of Jon Schaffer's "Something Wicked" saga with the release of their new single, "I Walk Among You", in June of 2008. The full-length studio follow-up to "Something Wicked Part I" is due for release in fall of 2008.

The new single and proceeding full-length studio album mark the return to the band of longtime frontman Matt Barlow, whose dark and sinister tones are the perfect fit to narrate the intense and viscous annihilation of mankind set in motion with the birth of the story’s main character, "Set Abominae", in "Something Wicked Part II". The single will allow fans to get a glimpse of the bright future for the band, and the perhaps not-so-bright future for humanity as we now know it.

The single will feature three songs, an exclusive version of the song "I Walk Alone" and a few tracks from "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1)" with new vocal performances by Matt Barlow. Due to the re-tracking of the lead vocals these tracks have been remixed and remastered. There will be an iTunes-exclusive version of the single "I Walk Among You" that features "A Charge To Keep" which has also been re-sung by Matt, remixed and re-mastered.

The video for "I Walk Alone" is being filmed in early April.

All tracks were recorded at Jon Schaffer's studio, Soaring Eagle Sound, and mixed and mastered at Morrisound. The single, and following full-length platter will be released by Steamhammer/SPV.

"I Walk Among You" (cover artwork) track listing:

01. I Walk Alone
02. Setian Massacre
03. The Clouding
04. A Charge to Keep (exclusive iTunes track)
Cool cover to the new single;
iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 C_iway_300

Also awesome that several tracks are being resung by Matt on the single. I can't wait to hear 'Setian Massacre' and especially 'The Clouding' with Matt on vocals. There's no way that can be bad. However, I think 'A Charge To Keep' is a bit of a weak third choice - where's 'Ten Thousand Strong'? After hearing Matt's voice on the Pyramaze clips, we all know he hasn't lost an ounce of ability, so I can't wait to hear the new single.

I am in complete fanboy mode right now.

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Man, I was hoping they re-did some songs with Matt. And the choices are awesome! Those are three of my favorite tracks from the album. Too bad they didn't choose "Framing Armageddon," too.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Awesome news can't wait for this!

Wargod48

NP: Draconian - Turning Season within
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 am

Me likey, me likey a lot! (on both accounts, IE and Pyramaze) headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:16 am

yeah, I can't wait to hear Matt sing The Clouding. It would be cool if they re-recorded the whole pt. I album. One can only hope.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:36 pm

can't wait for either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:36 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6928983088907675938&hl=en

Some new footage with Matt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!   iced earth - Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Barlow rejoins Iced Earth!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6