Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween: Chameleon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

Helloween: Chameleon Empty
PostSubject: Helloween: Chameleon   Helloween: Chameleon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 12:55 pm

I picked this one up on cd earlier today, at my local record shop, brand new for a mere 5$.

Long had i ignored it, due to the beating and bad reviews it got.

To my surprise, Chameleon is not all that bad. Yes, it lacks the Helloween sound we are used to, but the tracks are pretty enjoyable, and the album overall is a fun listen. The guitar solos
are particularly good.

What are your thoughts on Chameleon?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6304

PostSubject: Re: Helloween: Chameleon   Helloween: Chameleon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 2:16 pm

I heard it in the 90's, hated it, never listened to it ever again.

Maybe it's due another listen. Chameleon and Pink Bubbles are the only two studio albums missing from my Helloween collection.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Helloween: Chameleon   Helloween: Chameleon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 3:35 pm

Never heard it. Or Pink Bubbles Go Ape.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: Helloween: Chameleon   Helloween: Chameleon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 3:54 pm

I've always liked it but my expectations were low to begin with. If I remember right, it was a tumultuous time for the band and none of the writing was done as a band. They all brought their own songs in and threw the album together. Its certainly not like anything that came before or after it. Still, I think there are some rather enjoyable songs on it. It also helps that I have the 2 disc version that includes all the b sides from the singles released.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Helloween: Chameleon   Helloween: Chameleon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 3:59 pm

Helloween: Chameleon Images10

I'm a Helloween fanboy in most respects but they severely dropped the ball on Pink Bubbles Go Ape and especially Chameleon.

I bought both of those CDs in the early 90s (at grossly over-inflated import prices, because neither one was released in the U.S. at the time) ... and though Pink Bubbles had a couple of passable tracks, Chameleon did absolutely nothing for me.

I kept Pink Bubbles but traded Chameleon away years ago, it was just collecting dust on my shelf.

When Master of the Rings came out in '94 I remember putting it in my player for the first time and thinking "if this one sucks, that's three strikes and I'm done with this band." Fortunately I liked that album a lot (and still do). So all was right with Planet Pumpkin for me again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Helloween: Chameleon   Helloween: Chameleon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 5:14 pm

This track is quite enjoyable:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween: Chameleon   Helloween: Chameleon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helloween: Chameleon
Page 1 of 1