Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genesis

Go down 
+11
tohostudios
Invader
DeathCult
metalinmyveins
UltraMagnus007
A Handful of Wayne
manny
akeldama
XYZ
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:54 am

There was even a lot of evolution in the Collins-led GENESIS...Trick Of The Tail sounds nothing like We Can't Dance...at all...
Back to top Go down

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:01 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There was even a lot of evolution in the Collins-led GENESIS...Trick Of The Tail sounds nothing like We Can't Dance...at all...

We Can't Dance and Invisible Touch are complete anomolies in their discography.
Back to top Go down

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 am

They both have a couple of decent songs though..."Tonight Tonight Tonight", "No Son Of Mine", "Land Of Confusion", "In Too Deep", "Hold On My Heart"...granted, those are more like Phil solo songs, though...

I think they got a few chuckles with "Illegal Alien" off of Genesis then felt obligated to repeat it with "I Can't Dance" and "Jesus He Knows Me"...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:30 am

I used to hate the Invisible Touch album, but my view on it as softened over the years now I enjoy it, still my least favorite albums by this band but its not bad. BTW I never seen Genesis live, has anyone on this board seen them live and what year and what did you think? I am just curious I never got a chance to see them live in any of its incarnations.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:52 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
I've had a difficult time getting into Gabriel's voice

It's weird that you say that because I know you like Fish-led Marillion and Fish is almost a sound-alike of Gabriel. Smile

Since I have gotten more used to Fish, I figured old Genesis will be easier for me now. You are right about the similarity though. Genesis was a huge influence on Fish and Marillion.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:17 pm

SQUONK!
Back to top Go down

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:17 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
SQUONK!

Great song. Smile
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:56 pm

manny wrote:
I used to hate the Invisible Touch album, but my view on it as softened over the years now I enjoy it, still my least favorite albums by this band but its not bad.

Same here. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight is my favorite from that album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Interesting Genesis news from Rolling Stone :

Genesis are hoping to reunite once again, however this time with Peter Gabriel back in the lead. Genesis recently reunited to to pay homage to the Phil Collins years, but with a box set of Gabriel era reissues due out, the band hopes to bring the “Sledgehammer” singer back in the fold. “We’ve never said never about it, you know,” Genesis keyboardist Tony Banks told Billboard. “I know Phil (Collins) would be quite happy with the idea of just playing the drums; it would be quite fun for him. Mike (Rutherford) and I are certainly happy to do it. I know Steve (Hackett) is keen as well. I think it’d be down to Peter (Gabriel) more than anyone else.” It was Gabriel who first had the idea of a Genesis reunion back in 2004, when he wanted the group to play its prog classic The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway in a live setting. When Genesis finally did reunite, Gabriel changed course instead, opting to work on a solo album. “I think we should do this before one of us dies; we’re not getting any younger, to quote one of the songs, so maybe one day it’ll happen,” Steve Hackett said of a reunion.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:44 pm

manny wrote:
Interesting Genesis news from Rolling Stone :

Genesis are hoping to reunite once again, however this time with Peter Gabriel back in the lead. Genesis recently reunited to to pay homage to the Phil Collins years, but with a box set of Gabriel era reissues due out, the band hopes to bring the “Sledgehammer” singer back in the fold. “We’ve never said never about it, you know,” Genesis keyboardist Tony Banks told Billboard. “I know Phil (Collins) would be quite happy with the idea of just playing the drums; it would be quite fun for him. Mike (Rutherford) and I are certainly happy to do it. I know Steve (Hackett) is keen as well. I think it’d be down to Peter (Gabriel) more than anyone else.” It was Gabriel who first had the idea of a Genesis reunion back in 2004, when he wanted the group to play its prog classic The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway in a live setting. When Genesis finally did reunite, Gabriel changed course instead, opting to work on a solo album. “I think we should do this before one of us dies; we’re not getting any younger, to quote one of the songs, so maybe one day it’ll happen,” Steve Hackett said of a reunion.

That is a show I would go to.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:23 pm

A new album being released but it looks more like a bootleg then a legit live album. This is a live album featuring the short lived Ray Wilson era. I have never seen bootlegs sold on Amazon, as anyone else heared of this album?

Last edited by manny on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 pm

manny, Looks like this is something that is bootlegged pretty frequently. I doubt it is anything official. Especially after their "reunion" with Phil.

http://www.bluesnaggletooth12.com/boot-cas.html#katowice
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 am

Here is some Genesis news:

Genesis, one of the originators of prog-rock, have packaged together all their live albums with a host of extras for a box-set to be release on September 14th.
The box-set entitled ‘Genesis Live 1973-2007′ includes their albums ‘Genesis Live’, ‘Seconds Out’, ‘Three Sides Live’ and ‘The Way We Walk’. Also featured will be ‘Live At The Rainbow 1973’ which is only available with the set.
The other albums will also feature bonus tracks not included on the original releases and will be available in 5.1 surround sound for the first time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Genesis related question here. I keep seeing The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway at Movie Trading Company for $25 used. Is this a good enough album to pay that kind of price or should I wait til they reissue it someday?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Genesis are to release a five-disc DVD set called The Movie Box at the end of November. The set showcases the Phil Collins era only.
This will feature the DVD debut of Three Sides Live, filmed at New York’s Nassau Coliseum in 1981, plus 1984’s Genesis Live – The Mama Tour.
Also in the box is Live At Wembley Stadium DVD. This was filmed during four sold-out nights on the Invisible Touch Tour.
There’s also the Genesis: The Way We Walk – Live In Concert from 1992. And the last disc has an updated version of VH1’s Behind the Music special on the band, which originally aired in 1999.
All discs now have 5.1 DTS and Digital Dolby sound mixes, plus accompanying documentaries.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:58 am

I dream on seeing this band, and bring my family with me. Genesis - Page 2 Halford
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Genesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis   Genesis - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genesis
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2