Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.

Go down 
+30
the sentinel
TrogDawn
rattpoison
nevermore
GrandNational
thejokeriv
journeyman
Wargod
spiritoradio
mez
Chairman_Smith
Shiney
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
caniplaywithmadness?
kmorg
mc666
MetalGuy71
krokus
Olafsto
Required Fields
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
Troublezone
TheGooch
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:14 pm

Another DuBrow update from Blabbermouth... damn, this doesnt' sound good. I wonder if they're leaning towards a theory that he might have taken his own life

Police: QUIET RIOT's KEVIN DUBROW Died Six Days Before Being Discovered - Nov. 28, 2007

ABC's Las Vegas affiliate KTNV-TV reports: Police say after a distressed call from family members, QUIET RIOT lead singer Kevin DuBrow's next door neighbor and friend kicked down the door to find the 52-year-old dead.

Police say DuBrow had been dead for about six days before his body was discovered.

Lori Lee Samson, DuBrow's fiancée, was the last person to see him alive.

She says when days passed, she new something was wrong.

Among the collection of memories, Lori Samson will forever save DuBrow's last words.

"At 2:40 am Monday he texted me 'I love you so much'," Samson says.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Another DuBrow update from Blabbermouth... damn, this doesnt' sound good. I wonder if they're leaning towards a theory that he might have taken his own life.
I don't get that from the article.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:05 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Another DuBrow update from Blabbermouth... damn, this doesnt' sound good. I wonder if they're leaning towards a theory that he might have taken his own life.

I dunno... maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but that text message to his girlfriend sounded a lot like a "goodbye" to me

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:13 pm

R.I.P. Kevin you Rocked!

I remember seeing Quiet Riot before they hit it big opening for Vandenberg in Palo Alto, Ca. Everybody there knew there were seeing the next big thing, The 1,000 or so who were there were going insane. I remember looking at Carlos & he seemed overwhelmed by the crowed response. A few months later I was fortunate enough to be back stage at the US Festival & see them right when they hit! Rudy & Frankie came & sat by us during Ozzy's set (I have a couple of pictures) A great day!

I met a talked with Kevin & Carlos on the Terrified Tour here in San Jose in 93' Killer show! & a CD worth checking out. The last time I met Kevin & Frankie was at the Glenn Hughes DVD shoot in LA 2003. Kevin sang back up on a couple of songs. He seemed to be in good health at that time. I was under the impression he was hanging with Glenn because he was clean & sober at that time, Just my thoughts.

NP Quiet Riot - Terrified
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I dunno... maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but that text message to his girlfriend sounded a lot like a "goodbye" to me
This is what I thought as well. And for what reason did she not speak with him for 6 days if he loves her "so much", you know? I mean, if they had that good of a relationship you'd think she'd have found him that day/night. And it wasn't even her that alerted police or paramedics, it was Glenn Hughes!

Seems odd.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 7:24 am

yeah it sure does
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:35 pm

The Associated Press reports that the death last month of Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for the 1980s heavy metal band QUIET RIOT, has been ruled an accidental cocaine overdose.

Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles confirmed the cause Monday (December 10) after toxicology results were received.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 8:37 pm

Why do so many rock stars do drugs? They gotta chill with the drugs and excess.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:48 am

what a sad news !

cocain ? ... aah shi*. it had to be ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:52 am

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Why do so many rock stars do drugs?

That's like asking why do so many snakes bite, it's the nature of the beast!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Associated Press reports that the death last month of Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for the 1980s heavy metal band QUIET RIOT, has been ruled an accidental cocaine overdose.

Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles confirmed the cause Monday (December 10) after toxicology results were received.

Drugs suck!!! angry

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Drugs suck!!! angry

Damn Sad
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:30 pm

You would think that after SO many people in the music biz have died due to drug overdose, others would be smarter than to follow suit. Unfortunatly rock star seems to equals idiot all too often (celebrities in general fall into that category). It's easy to blame the drugs and not the drugee but every addict shares in the blame. It is a crying shame that DuBrow wasn't the first and definatly won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:10 pm

For some reason I just never imagined Kevin to be one to use cocaine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:28 pm

People. Not rock stars. Drugs are everywhere, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
People. Not rock stars. Drugs are everywhere, my friend.

Very true indeed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:38 am

Nice tribute from Frankie Banali...

http://www.frankie-banali.com/kevin.html
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:24 pm

That was a cool tribute. That song has so much emotion already, now you add the member that wrote the song in the first place to it's meaning and it kind of makes you sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Sad.

Such a waste of life and talent.

Sad

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4