Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.

Go down 
+30
the sentinel
TrogDawn
rattpoison
nevermore
GrandNational
thejokeriv
journeyman
Wargod
spiritoradio
mez
Chairman_Smith
Shiney
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
caniplaywithmadness?
kmorg
mc666
MetalGuy71
krokus
Olafsto
Required Fields
Thrasher73
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
Troublezone
TheGooch
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:47 pm

Confirmed, huh? That sucks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Wow! That's...unexpected. Did he have problems with drugs at all?

It's hard not to think the worst when someone who is not that old and apparently in good health drops dead, but nothing official has been mentioned.

I seem to remember him saying on one of those VH-1 shows (I Love the 80's or something) that he was sort of a health-nut these days, but I could be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:18 pm

rip dude. some quiet riot will be blasted in tribute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Damn. I'm seriously bummed right now. Certainly unexpected.

RIP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:24 pm

This is like my fourth post in this thread, but this news has hit me in an exceptionally bad manner.

For all the 90's metal freaks, one of their idols was Dimebag and they were upset by his death. For me, Kevin DuBrow was more important than Dimebag could ever think of being. Kevin DuBrow took Plant's stage persona and amplified it hundreds of times with becoming a cartoon like DLR did. He always had one of the strongest, most original voices in rock. What you heard on the album was what you got on stage. The man was pure rock class and he will be SORELY missed by myself and millions of others.

The truly sad thing is Kevin will be remembered for a pointless cover song from the 80's. Quiet Riot released 8 more (only 7 with Kevin) albums after Metal Health. Their catalog, not without duds, was arguably the strongest of all 80's "hair metal bands". (except for W.A.S.P. of course Smile )
I hope Kevin DuBrow gets the respect he deserves but the world en masse will unfortunately never realize what a great showman, singer, and band they have lost this week.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:40 pm

I can't think of what to say that has already been said.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:05 pm

It's dreadful when someone passes unexpectedly, and for that my prayers are with his family and friends.

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:41 pm

Brief statement from Frankie Banali about Kevin's passing:

QUIET RIOT Drummer On KEVIN DUBROW's DEATH: 'I've Just Lost My Best Friend' - Nov. 26, 2007
QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has released a short statement to CNN regarding the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow.
According to The Associated Press, a neighbor summoned police and paramedics Sunday (November 25) to the Las Vegas home where the 52-year-old Dubrow was pronounced dead at 5:20 p.m., police and coroner's officials said.[/size]
There was no forced entry at the house, and no suspicious circumstances were reported, police Officer Jose Montoya said.
The cause and manner of death were not immediately known, pending an autopsy and toxicology results, Clark County coroner's spokeswoman Samantha Charles said.
"I'm at a loss for words. I've just lost my best friend," Banali told CNN. "Out of respect for both Kevin and his family, I won't comment further. There's going to be a lot of speculation out there, and I won't add to that. I love him too much."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:58 pm

I just thought, I never got to apologize before he passed. They did a USO tour in 2000 and they played up at Osan, in Korea. My super-duper cover band Run DMZ opened the show. The guys in the band weren't very friendly, they were fairly rude, so we decided to do a terrible cover of "Cum On Feel The Noize" during our set. They were PISSED! Haha.

Now I feel bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Were you Run, DMZ or Jam Master Jimmy?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:21 pm

Very sad news. Kevin seemed like a great guy.

He's a rock icon, had one of the best voices (still!) in rock.

As a sidenote, it's really sad to also see QR end like this. They were revitalized and put out a sweet album last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Were you Run, DMZ or Jam Master Jimmy?
I was Run and DMZ. Haha. Jam Master Jimmy was split three ways.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:58 pm

This is HORRIBLE news! I have seen him out and about a bit over the last couple years and he was an amazing guy. He lived a block from our old guitarist so I'd see him driving occasionally.

Quiet Riot was the band that got me into metal to begin with back in 83 so this news to me is crazy!!!! Another personal icon gone.

RIP Kevin!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 5:34 pm

truly sad news indeed...."Metal health" was the first metal album I ever bought.....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 5:59 pm

I have Metal Health on vinyl, listening to it in tribute....

This sucks Sad
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 6:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I just thought, I never got to apologize before he passed. They did a USO tour in 2000 and they played up at Osan, in Korea. My super-duper cover band Run DMZ opened the show. The guys in the band weren't very friendly, they were fairly rude, so we decided to do a terrible cover of "Cum On Feel The Noize" during our set. They were PISSED! Haha.

Now I feel bad.

Ha, did they slam you guys when they ended up playing it in their set?
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 6:13 pm

These guys brought us all so many years in the soundtrack to ours lives. I didnt know all the stuff they did but loved what I did know. Certainly it is sad when anyone dies, but when it is a part of your history, it hits a bit harder, like almost saying goodbye to a part of your own history knowing that no new memories will be made.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 6:31 pm

Wow. Too bad. I remember one Christmas my parents got me a boom box. 2 of my brothers each got me a cassette : one was Ozzy's Bark at the Moon,the other was Metal Health. I played those tapes incessantly and helped garner my love of heavy metal. R.I.P. Kevin and thanks for helping to introduce me to the greatest style of music in the world
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 6:36 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Now I feel bad.
Ha, did they slam you guys when they ended up playing it in their set?
No. They just called us a-holes. Haha. We were fairly drunk, though. That was part of our gimmick. Get hammered before or during a show. It was fun. The cover we did was horrible, though. It was basically nonsense during the verses, and then everyone got it together during the chorus, with the crowd singing along. Haha. A bit too impromptu for drunk people, I guess.

They still weren't very friendly to us. We couldn't use any of their equipment, not even their PA or monitors. We couldn't put our feet on any of the monitors. Just nonsense, you know. So we got hammered, and had fun.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Now I feel bad.

Crap Happens, the past is the past. I met him briefly at a autograph signing after they played a show in my town and he was very nice and really enjoyed my sparkly Quiet Riot shirt I was wearing. Metal Health was also one of my first cds I ever bought.

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow now you and Randy can play together again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Dam this sucks big time, he was one the best vocalist of the 80's metal scene he will be sorely missed RIP Kevin!

2 words MENTAL HEALTH!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 pm

Wow, that sucks. RIP Kevin. You will be missed.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:38 pm

RIP Kevin - I remember buying Mental Health on vinyl as a new release
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Mine reads "Metal" Health.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:58 pm

I'm taking Metal Health and Quiet Riot II to work tomorrow to crank.

PostSubject: Re: Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.   Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot - R.I.P.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next