Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skeletonwitch

Go down 
+13
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
Rex
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
mc666
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
Temple of Blood
nevermore
T-Roy
Thrasher73
Required Fields
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:00 pm

I was in the mood to buy a new thrash album - so I went to Amazon.com to get the new Dekapitator, Exodus, or Evile.

However,
I found a band I had never heard of called Skeletonwitch. I heard the
samples of about 10 new thrash releases, and this one blew me away the
most - so I went to The End and ordered their new album (I even cheated
on my cd budget lol).

Check them out:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=28383366

This
is easily the best thrash (new release) I've heard in a while. It
actually brings to mind early Vengeance Rising and Kreator to me!!!

🤘

Skeletonwitch 6105YSxCznL._AA240_

Last edited by on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:01 pm

I'll need to check them out.

If you haven't heard them yet, check out Andralls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:04 pm

I've not heard Andralls. Will keep them in mind - thanks!

Did you hear those samples on their myspace? I'm just BLOWN AWAY!!!! I can't wait to get this in the mail!!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Right now I am busy listening to Raven - All For One, but will give them a listen later on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:06 pm

sounds good.Another to the want list greedy
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:11 pm

COOL, THE SKELETON HAS A RACK! SHOOT IT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Here's a review from Amazon.com - and I agree with it based on what I've heard of it. This will be my thrash album of the year for certain me thinks ...

..................................................................................

Growing a little tired of the same ol' same ol'? Are you one of those who wonders why they just don't make metal like they used too? Well, they do. Turns out that with "Beyond the Permafrost", Skeletonwitch have given us one of the best thrash metal albums since Slayer gave us "Reign in Blood". "Metalcore" this aint. This is straight up old-school thrash that would make Cliff Burton proud. First off, look at the artwork. Read the song titles. Listen to the f***ing samples! This is classic metal, the way it was meant to be played. The songs clock in mostly around the three-minute mark, with neck-snapping riffs, pummeling double-bass, and vocals that veer more into black metal territory than the death grunt. From the opening drum roll of "Upon Black Wings" you will be instantly hooked and the intensity never lets up through the remaining eleven tracks

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:17 pm

I wasn't impressed when I heard them. Sounds like typical screamo metalcore with solos to me.
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:20 pm

laughing

You've got to be kidding me Eyesore! I despise most metalcore - METALCORE THIS ISN'T!!!

I'm beginning to lose confidence in your musical perception.

You also called the new Exodus metalcore too ... you really need to learn to decipher the difference - as there is a big one.

No offense bro - just saying ... THIS RULES!!!!!!!

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:21 pm

I quote from the above review:

Quote :
Skeletonwitch have given us one of the best thrash metal albums since Slayer gave us "Reign in Blood". "Metalcore" this aint. This is straight up old-school thrash that would make Cliff Burton proud.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I wasn't impressed when I heard them. Sounds like
typical screamo metalcore with solos to me.
YOU GO EYESORE,
HE'S ALWAYS DOGGING ALL MY NEW BANDS AND BRANDING ME A METALCORE
FAN!!!!!! GET 'EM BRO!!! lol!just kidding
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:27 pm

Another great band with a singer that I hate...I don't really like this kind singer...
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Yeah, this stuff is nothing like the pipspeak metalcore slobber that is polluting record stores right now by the droves.
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

The fact that the reviewer had to say "metalcore this ain't" lends far more truth to my claim that "metalcore this is." Haha. And don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about Killswitch Engage style; I'm talking about the more extreme screamo stuff. That's what Skeletonwitch is to me. Is it similar to thrash? Sure. But it's surely not old school thrash. Not in my book.

And the new Exodus is like metalcore with solos. Take a listen HERE. Add a solo and you've got something very much like the new Exodus album. Nor is THIS much different from Skeletonwitch. Don't be fooled by lead work! =)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Skeletonwitch are very good. I have their Worship The Witch ep. Haven't picked up their new cd yet. I have heard tracks from it and it's good stuff.
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Right on Nevermore!!!

🤘

I can barely wait to get my paws on my copy of "Beyond the Permafrost". The End is usually pretty fast too. I hope I don't have to wait too long. I've been cranking their samps at Amazon just to try to get a feel for it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:40 pm

I'll check this out later.
Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:43 pm

I dig 'em like Honey Smacks. I will have to pick this up. In fact I just ordered it. Smile Thanks blackie!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:49 pm

Sounds pretty cool. The singer is a bit 'meh', but the music is pretty good.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 pm

I don't know that I would describe them as "thrash" but their music does sound pretty cool. Kinda like melodic death metal thankfully without any Gothenburg influences.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't know that I would describe them as "thrash" but their music does sound pretty cool. Kinda like melodic death metal thankfully without any Gothenburg influences.

Yah, I wouldn't say straight thrash though there are obvious thrash influences.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:20 pm

Sounds pretty good. Thrash, death metal, with a hint of modern metal/metalcore.

Cool cover art.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:25 am

great band, i've been on board for a while now. Beyond The Permafrost is an awesome disc. i recommend it to anyone who likes melodic thrash/death.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:18 am

The deeper vocal parts remind me of Roger Rising ala "Human Dark Potential".
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:38 am

Quote :
Kinda like melodic death metal

Being fuzzy to this day on how to define certain styles of metal I wanted to say that this sounded like Death Metal to me....but I feared genre reprisal! I'm glad someone else said it. Either way, it's good. Good call!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skeletonwitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch   Skeletonwitch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next