Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom

Go down 
+4
ZombieHavoc
mc666
80s Metal Lady
Aaron_D
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Empty
PostSubject: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Anyone dig these guys? I was hesitant to get this new album since Chance isn't on vocals anymore. What I had previously heard with the new singer Adam, I wasn't too impressed. It's grown on me the more I've listened to it. The music seems to have matured and I think new singer does a pretty good job. I'm trying to catch them in October to see how he is live. Apparently it's number 21 on Billboard's top selling independent albums this week.

Here's some info I pulled from there Bandcamp site where you can stream the new tunes.

1.The Apothic Gloom 05:58
2.Well of Despair 03:54
3.Black Waters 03:47
4.Red Death, White Light 07:12

New, 4 song EP from Skeletonwitch, featuring new vocalist, Adam Clemans (Wolvhammer). Artwork done by Sin-Eater Illustrations.

released August 19, 2016

Adam Clemans - Vocals
Nathan Garnette - Guitar, Vocals
Scott Hedrick - Guitar
Evan Linger - Bass
Dustin Boltjes - Drums
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:20 am

I haven't heard of them, but that is a badass name! I like bands with "Witch" in their names and I also like skeletons.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:58 am

Love this band. I think the new vocalist is a good fit.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:12 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
I haven't heard of them, but that is a badass name! I like bands with "Witch" in their names and I also like skeletons.

I will always check out a band with 'witch' in the name. Also, tanks on the cover always get me to check out bands too, for some reason.

But yeah, I play to listen to this new EP. I wasn't that into the pre-single "Red Death, White Light", but you know, I've enjoyed all of their prior releases so.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:08 pm

The new ep is quite good. And the new vocalist does fit in well.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 1:31 am

A band I like, never knew the singer bailed. hanks for the heads up on the release.

Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 10:21 pm

I figured I'd follow up on this thread. I saw them last Sunday for the final date of their Curse of the Dead tour in Richmond.  They played a small local brewery for a probably less than 100 people.   The new singer has the energy Chance had and sang old 'witch songs well... I still miss the old vocalist. I felt he had a unique voice that mixed well with the style of music. Not that Adam is bad, I think he's sound generic for the music.   We picked up a tour poster and got them all to sign it.  They're all a bunch of really nice guys.

Heard some new bands that night too.  Homewrecker from Ashtabula, Ohio dressed as the blue man group. They kicked ass. Dual vocals and played short heavy songs. Oathbreaker had some issues getting setup so their set was cut in half. It's a female fronted band and I honestly couldn't get into it. Their first song was like 2 minutes of her serenading solo to a crowd that just got pummeled by Homewrecker.  Iron Reagan was amazing. I hadn't heard them before. I'll be looking into picking up some of their stuff soon.

Took a pic of Nate from Skeletonwitch tearing it up.

Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Img_8110

Iron Reagan.
Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Img_8111
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Oathbreaker are great but it's easy to see that they wouldn't fit into that bill.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 10:10 am

Oathbreaker are amazing!

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:01 pm

I just began getting into this band, but only know a handful of tracks. I am not sure what album I should start with me
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 8:52 am

manny wrote:
I just began getting into this band, but only know a handful of tracks. I am not sure what album I should start with me

Serpents Unleashed and Beyond the Permafrost are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 12:20 pm

New album out yesterday.   I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

https://skeletonwitch.bandcamp.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom   Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skeletonwitch - The Apothic Gloom
Page 1 of 1