Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:07 am

Depends on the cost, cuz Id hate to buy a ticket and find out that it gets cancelled i mean I wouldnt mind seeing VH live like maybe 30 bucks would be worth it for me
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:16 pm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/gnr_frontman_says_slash_is_a_cancer.html

axl has some mean words for slash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:11 pm

DJ Ashba has officially joined Guns, replacing Robin Finck.

What does this mean for Sixx:AM? Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
DJ Ashba has officially joined Guns, replacing Robin Finck.

What does this mean for Sixx:AM? Sad

What's he gonna do in Guns? That summer-stadium tour probably isn't gonna happen and who knows when new music will be released. So DJ Ashba has joined a non-existent band that won't tour or record new music. Good move on his part. Rolling Eyes

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm sure the money is easing the pain.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Smindas wrote:
I'm sure the money is easing the pain.

But is there money? If you're not touring or recording, what's he getting paid to do? Right now, it's basically Axl saying "Ok, you're in the band. I'll call you when were ready to do something." I guess he could be on some sort of pay roll, but how long will that last if they don't tour? That summer stadium tour is gonna be a tough ticket to sell to promoters. With the economy in the crapper and Axl's propencinty to throw hissy fits and no-shows, who's gonna book a 60,000 seat arena?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Axl won't even promote his own album, he's got that "it was released differently then I attended to be, so throw it in the toilet" attitude.

No video, non existant radio play, why would anybody join his group?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Axl won't even promote his own album, he's got that "it was released differently then I attended to be, so throw it in the toilet" attitude.

No video, non existant radio play, why would anybody join his group?

It looks like G n R are gearing up for a tour, and with the attitude everything old is new again, I am sure the tour will make plenty of money.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Some thought that by this that the original lineup was gonna reunite but then Axls comments on billboard came out

Unless tickets are 10 bucks I wont be seeing them live
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 5:45 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Platinum status, baby.

birthday

According to an article on Blabbermouth that I read today, CHINESE DEMOCRACY was certified Platinum for SHIPPING a million copies... but that it's only SOLD somewhere in the neighborhood of 574,000 in the U.S. as of this past week. If that's true, then Best Buy still has a whole mess o'unsold "platinum" copies gathering mold in their warehouses.

I always thought the gold, platinum, etc. were based on actual sales. From this I gather that if I recorded an album tomorrow and pressed up 1 million copies of it, I'd automatically be certified platinum... but selling all 1 million of them would be my problem.

Mind you if I did record an album it would probably be a collection of Mentors cover songs, and therefore I'd have trouble selling any of them!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:14 pm

^^^^

Yeah, I saw that same Blabbermouth post too. Kinda messed up way of getting to say your album is gold, platinum whatever.

This album should actually be 2x platinum then. Very Happy That's how many copies Best Buy bought up front and can't return to the label.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Chinese Democracy 6/10 I liked my copy so much I exported it to Canada. Gotta love NAFTA! just kidding Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 am

Best Buy had to buy an order of million copies, maybe since they 'purchased ' a million copies that they cannot return, that could be why it is counted as a platinum album but I am just guessing.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 am

manny wrote:
Best Buy had to buy an order of million copies, maybe since they 'purchased ' a million copies that they cannot return, that could be why it is counted as a platinum album but I am just guessing.
Those fools! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:32 am

I still have my copy it aint goin nowhere but its not in my rotation either
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:51 am

Addy wrote:
I still have my copy it aint goin nowhere but its not in my rotation either
Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 811939 sign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:06 pm

I really wanted to like this. I love old GnR.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:42 pm

i would not pay to see gnr. i saw them once and it was an abomination on the face of the earth they were so bad. and i say that objectively knowing full well it is not the original lineup so im not bashing becuase if that i am bashing the sloppy and shambolic performance
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Kinda sad really, if Axl releases the album as a solo album, it probally
gets a much "Better" reception. People's expectations are changed
and have a much more open mind when listening. As Guns N' Roses
it fails, and most people get disappointed because nothing on the
CD has anything that sounds like "Welcome to the Jungle".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 am

Eh, call me a fan-boy but I'm still digging this album. It certainly ain't Appetite Pt. 2, but it's an interesting album for sure. Lostsa stuff going on in there. I thought I'd be over it by now, but months later and it's still getting regular spins from me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:13 pm

I got this album from my local library about a month ago. I spun, and spun it, and spun it, and spun it....

For myself, the album just is lackluster. When you have the name Gun's & Roses affixed to an album cover, the expectations are high. Like I stated in an earlier post in this thread, this current incarnation is a bastardized version of this band. No Slash, Duff, Izzy, or Stephen or Matt is just not Guns. I think there are some surprises on this album, like the song "Better" & "Sorry". I originally didn't like the title song that much, but I warmed up to it.

Songs that I enjoyed off the album:

"Chinese Democracy", "Better", "Scraped", "Riad N' The Bedouins", "Sorry"....

I would give the album 5/10
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:24 pm

I personally love the album, was worth a 17 year wait? No, but it is great album and have spun it frequently.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:29 pm

The guy who got busted for leaking those CHINESE DEMOCRACY tracks before the album's release was sentenced yesterday...

Guns N' Roses Leaker Gets Off Easy

Today 4:55 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 300.rose.axl.102908 Courtesy: George Chin

As part of a plea agreement cut with federal prosecutors the 28-year-old Cogill also received a year or probation and will get to star in his very own anti-piracy public service announcement as well.

"I never intended to hurt the artist," the repentant Netizen told the judge Tuesday regarding the leak. "I intended to promote the artist because I'm a fan."

Cogill ended up pleading guilty to one misdemeanor count of violating federal copyright law, a crime punishable by up to one year in prison and a $100,000 fine. However that's a far cry from the five- year term he could've gotten had he not played ball with the feds, who agreed to downgrade the charge from a felony.

In any case, Cogill's file-sharing ways haven't seemed to hinder Guns N' Roses' sales, not to mention singer and sole remaining original member Axl Rose's over-inflated ego. Chinese Democracy has so far sold an estimated 2.6 million copies since its November release and been certified platinum.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm torn in this case. On one hand, file sharing is wrong. On the other, Axl is the biggest jackass on this planet. I think justice has been served.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:15 pm

Still, its gotta suck being made an example of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 18 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next