Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Addy wrote:
From what i was reading you dont even have to buy the album to get the free dr pepper

this is from Yahoo

LOS ANGELES – Dr Pepper is making good on its promise of free soda now that the release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is a reality.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in America if the album dropped in 2008. "Chinese Democracy," infamously delayed since recording began in 1994, goes on sale Sunday.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's Web site. They'll be honored until Feb. 28.

Well i guess i can thank Axl for that at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:40 pm

Most seem to dislike it, but I love "This I Love." I'm a big fan of the piano, and the solo is great.

The whole album sounds solid, though some songs sound a bit different than others, like "Madagascar." It sounds like a demo compared to some others.

Still sounds nothing like GNR, though. This should be an Axl Rose solo album. It would probably go over better that way.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Axl almost did it as a solo album but his reasoning is he owns the GNR name and felt he didnt need to.

I loved the demos of There Was a Time not sure what to make of the final version of it. From what ive heard of it I like it. I definitly want this album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:51 pm

troublezone wrote:
Addy wrote:
From what i was reading you dont even have to buy the album to get the free dr pepper

this is from Yahoo

LOS ANGELES – Dr Pepper is making good on its promise of free soda now that the release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is a reality.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in America if the album dropped in 2008. "Chinese Democracy," infamously delayed since recording began in 1994, goes on sale Sunday.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's Web site. They'll be honored until Feb. 28.

Well i guess i can thank Axl for that at least.

Yup unless your name is Slash hehe according ot the deal Only Slash and Buckethead arent included in the free Dr Pepper lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Quote :
Yup unless your name is Slash hehe according ot the deal Only Slash and Buckethead arent included in the free Dr Pepper lol

What about Steven Adler? I heard Axl don't like him much.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:50 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :

What about Steven Adler? I heard Axl don't like him much.

lol!

Steven's so stoned off his ass you could give him a can of piss and tell him it's Dr. Pepper.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:16 pm

when Dr Pepper originally announced it the only 2 exceptions that were mentioned were Slash and Buckethead
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:24 pm

I like what I have heard so far, I am not sure if it was worth the 15 year wait, but it is very good. Nothing like the original Guns n Roses, but than I was not expecting it to sound like the original line up.

I am personally looking forward to the album's release.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Most seem to dislike it, but I love "This I Love." I'm a big fan of the piano, and the solo is great.

Amazing ballad. I think this is one of his better vocal performances on this album. I'm playing it for my fiancee as I type. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 am

Well, I pre-ordered the CD last week from HMV and it came today (complete with a free 7" inch vynil of the 'Chinse Democracy / Shackler's Revenge' single). I guess they're breaking the street-date over here in the UK / EU, I don't know. Basically, Hell has frozen over, as I honestly did not think I would be holding this album in my hands ever. I won't have a chance to listen to it until a bit later, but I can't deny that I'm a bit excited.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 am

Most of the album is just ok upon first listen and I'm only track 9 so far from the myspace page, but man, "If the World" and "Sorry" have blown me away. Axl sounds a lot like Mike Patton from Faith No More on those two songs.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:00 pm

Given it a full listen, and I really like it. Whilst not really all that GN'R-esque, it's a great modern rock album. And Axl sounds much better on it than I thought he would. Of course, no album is worth a wait that long, but it's definitely a good finished product.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:12 pm

I checked out "This I Love" I really dig this song In fact I dig it more than i did "There Was a Time"

Cant wait to get this album
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:15 pm

I don't understand what people keep liking about This I Love. If the World and Sorry are 10x better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:21 pm

Ive yet to hear the entire album but what ive heard i got 3 fav songs from it already Ill check those out too granted this is a better album than I was expecting but it wasnt 15 years in the waiting good if ya know what i mean...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:24 pm

I've only heard the myspace stream.....of course its the entire album. lol
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Im listening to it now as i work on my website, so far Ive yet to hear a bad song on this album but This i Love kinda blew me away thats just me though Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:34 pm

That's cool. To each his own. I just didn't happen to find it anything special on the first listen.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Checkin out "Sorry" now, Im likin it
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 4:59 pm

As this draws closer to the U.S. release date, I am growing more excited. Very Happy I am glad to hear some positive feedback from you guys. Peace.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:29 pm

its not a bad album from hearing it on myspace but i dont think i am interested enough in it anymore to buy it after hearing the songs. i still probably will though
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:51 pm

GNR has now shattered previous records for MySpace artist stream launches. Good sign for album sales, I hope.

52 million+ plays for the new songs alone... since YESTERDAY
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:24 am

thats quite something
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:18 am

Yes, Virginia.... Chinese Democracy DOES exist, and I own it. Very Happy

My thoughts here: http://metalexcess.wordpress.com/2008/11/23/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy/
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:49 am

They say this is the most awaited album in the history of music? Much awaited by whom? Perhaps by Axl himself! surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 10 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next