Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:21 am

SpectreFate wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
millions sold doesn't account for good taste in music.

such a snarky remark. lol!

Wish I had thought of that. Smile

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 am

Axl's recent babble according to Rolling Stone:

Axl Rose’s second official post-Chinese Democracy interview hit the Internet today as the Guns n’ Roses frontman talked with Spinner about his new album, why the group’s original lineup dissolved and why he’ll never reunite with Slash. Even though the interview was conducted by Rose’s good friend and Guns road manager Del James, the questions definitely aren’t softball and, as usual, Axl doesn’t hold anything back.
As Rose clearly stated in his message board rants and Billboard’s interview earlier this month, he really has no intention of ever reuniting with Slash. “There’s zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn’t be pretty,” Rose tells James, adding later that, “Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided—and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better.” However,
Rose did seem open to once again working with Izzy Stradlin or Duff McKagan (”I supposed Duff could play guitar on something somewhere.”) Duff recently told Rolling Stone, “I love Axl,” so maybe a mini-reunion is in order.
Rose still has no love lost for the media, accusing journalists of creating the myth that he set out to make Chinese Democracy the “best album ever made,” thus its 13-year delay. “No, that’s smurfing ridiculous and more negative media nonsense. We were all just trying to do our best for the fans and ourselves,” Rose says to Spinner. “There types of comments are more from our detractors, pulled out of their ass if not thin air.”
The interview also provides some clues as to the future of Gn’R. Rose hints at a possible tour, and talks about the possibility that there will be some new material in the future. “Not as much as Baz [Sebastian Bach] thinks he heard,” Rose said regarding that time Bach revealed information about songs not on Chinese Democracy. Rose did mention one new song that features guitarist Robin Finck doing “a really great Stevie Ray Vaughn-type solo.”
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:01 am

I dont think Duff would , Him and Slash are thick as thieves

And i dont think either side is right, Axl and Slash both need to get over themselves. Though when Slash is asked he says that it wont happen but that hes not totally closed to the idea down the road.

Same thing that happened with Van Halen and the RNR hall of Fame is gonna happen with GNR

Funny thing is back in the day Axl did get kicked out of the band at one point
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:02 am

I heard this album over the weekend at a buddy's house.

It couldn't be any more fragmented, IMO. (much like my sentences)
There are WAY too many things going on in these songs. Layer upon layer upon layer of noise. It was tiring to try to ingest it all. The, for lack of a better word "NIN" elements sound really dated to me. Probably because this album was recorded when that stuff was still the bee's knees.

On a positive note, about half the album could have been "Use Your Illusion" 3. The rest, errr.....umm.....I'll never hear them again.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:04 am

There are some songs I thought could fit in the UYI albums like There was a Time and maybe This I Love

I just took this album out of my rotation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Axl calling Slash a cancer? What's he? The brain aneurysm?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Axl calling Slash a cancer? What's he? The brain aneurysm?

More like the dick warts.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 pm

Quote :
The, for lack of a better word "NIN" elements sound really dated to me. Probably because this album was recorded when that stuff was still the bee's knees.

That's my main criticism of the album. The industrial bleeps and bloops aren't my cup of tea. It does make it sound dated. The only thing worse would have been putting in a dj with samples & scratching.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:55 pm

I personally love 'Chinese Democracy' but that is a fair criticism in regards to the industrial Nine Inch Nails influence on some of the songs, it seems like every idea that came into Axl's head he would throw that into whatever song they were working on at the time.

Lyrically this album is Freud's wet dream come true, talking about using your illusions or in Axl's case deillusions, either way IMO a great, interesting album from a very damaged artist.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm listening to Chinese Democracy right now. Sounds like a hard rock record to me. Very modern sounding stuff, but not bad. It doesn't really sound like GnR though. Probably should have been released as a Axl Rose solo album IMO.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Quote :
Lyrically this album is Freud's wet dream come true, talking about using your illusions or in Axl's case deillusions, either way IMO a great, interesting album from a very damaged artist.

He does seem to be putting allot of emotions out in some of the lyrics. This cd has been in my regular rotation since I bought it back in November.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:29 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm listening to Chinese Democracy right now. Sounds like a hard rock record to me. Very modern sounding stuff, but not bad. It doesn't really sound like GnR though. Probably should have been released as a Axl Rose solo album IMO.

Axl has actually addressed that and said Chinese Democracy is definitely not an Axl Rose album. He says if he was to do a solo album, it would be very different sounding than Chinese Democracy. He also says the reason he didn't continue the traditional GNR sound is because he never found a blues guitarist good enough to replace Slash.

don\'t know

I don't know how much I buy that, but it's what he says (and I'm sure it's 100% what he believes).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I say, not bad for two decades worth of work.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:33 pm

firestar wrote:
Thanks Metal Misfit. Never been able to get bit torrent to work but have to try some more. I've been searching soulseek, limewire, and various GnR forums (there are a ton of them that are very active). Don't think I have found any of the actual leaks but have found full length high quality demos of:
IRS
There Was a Time (T.W.A.T.)
Better
Chinese Democracy
Catcher in the Rye
Rhiad and Bediouns
Madagascar
The Blues
Silkworms
Sweet Child of Mine (remake)
Oh My God (end of days soundtrack)
Oh My God (newer demo)
Prostitute
Several instrumentals of most of the songs above
Tons of live stuff from 06

Sorry to quote such an old post, but is this poster saying he has
a studio version of Silkworms?

I have often heard this such thing doesn't exist, people have been
known to soup up the House of Blues, and Rock In Rio live versions
though.Those IMO are awful. If someone really does have a studio
version of Silkworms, though, please share, that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

Quote :
Sorry to quote such an old post, but is this poster saying he has
a studio version of Silkworms?

I have often heard this such thing doesn't exist, people have been
known to soup up the House of Blues, and Rock In Rio live versions
though.Those IMO are awful. If someone really does have a studio
version of Silkworms, though, please share, that would be awesome.

The only version I've heard was live. I was disappointed that it wasn't on Chinese Democracy. It was a really cool rocking song. Hopefully it will show up on the next album or a soundtrack or something.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The only version I've heard was live. I was disappointed that it wasn't on Chinese Democracy. It was a really cool rocking song. Hopefully it will show up on the next album or a soundtrack or something.
we need to talk to firestar! scratch
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:36 pm

This is a rumor and I am not buying it, but this is from Classic Rock Magazine's website:

Could this be the Guns N’ Roses stadium tour that was rumoured yesterday?
As if yesterday’s news that Guns N’ Roses could be embarking on a worldwide summer stadium hadn’t set tongues wagging enough, today GNR Daily are reporting that Van Halen could be joining them for this trek.
It’s the use of the word ‘worldwide’ that’s got our interest up. GNR and Van Halen in the UK? Yes, please!
Download festival promoter Andy Copping previously mentioned to us that a Van Halen show in the UK was unlikely to happen for years and the band had also previously mentioned that they were on hold until after Wolfgang Van Halen graduates but you never know, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:38 pm

manny wrote:
This is a rumor and I am not buying it, but this is from Classic Rock Magazine's website:

As if yesterday’s news that Guns N’ Roses could be embarking on a worldwide summer stadium hadn’t set tongues wagging enough, today GNR Daily are reporting that Van Halen could be joining them for this trek.
It’s the use of the word ‘worldwide’ that’s got our interest up. GNR and Van Halen in the UK? Yes, please!
Download festival promoter Andy Copping previously mentioned to us that a Van Halen show in the UK was unlikely to happen for years and the band had also previously mentioned that they were on hold until after Wolfgang Van Halen graduates but you never know, eh?

Yes! The Overblown & Overpaid Tour 2009. Soon to be cancelled at an arena near you.

Sorry, MG. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:29 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Yes! The Overblown & Overpaid Tour 2009. Soon to be cancelled at an arena near you.

Sorry, MG. Smile

Eh, no sweat. I'd normally say "I'll believe it when I see it" but since I've both seen VH reunite & tour with Diamond Dave and I own Chinese Democracy, I'd say anything's possible anymore. I don't think I'd pony-up any cash for tickets to see Axl and his Band Of Merry Men at this point anyway. I'd only go to see a re-union gig.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:26 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Sorry, MG. Smile

It is hard enough to find an arena that is big enough to house the egos of David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Heniken, without adding Axl Rose into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:07 pm

Id like to believe it but until I see tour dates Im gonna remain skeptical and if it does happen itll probobly fall apart
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:10 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Sorry, MG. Smile

that's classic, spec. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Serious point, if a faux-GN'R and Van Halen tour takes place and hits the UK, I will be buying tickets immediately.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:53 pm

I would buy tickets if they toured together and pray that the tour doesnot fall apart.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Sorry, MG. Smile

Eh, no sweat. I'd normally say "I'll believe it when I see it" but since I've both seen VH reunite & tour with Diamond Dave and I own Chinese Democracy, I'd say anything's possible anymore. I don't think I'd pony-up any cash for tickets to see Axl and his Band Of Merry Men at this point anyway. I'd only go to see a re-union gig.

I agree with your assessment of Guns. I have no interest in seeing Howdy Doody and the bastardized version of Guns & Roses. No Slash, No Izzy, No Duff, No Steven (well, I'll take Matt Sorum), well then no interest in purchasing a ticket. This current incarnation of Guns, isn't Guns & Roses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 17 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next