Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:43 am

I haven't heard a single song from it...and I intend to keep it that way!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Does this album REALLY need 16 pages? And I wholehearted agree with this nube ^^^^^!

Half those pages are full of nothing but people who pop in just to bash the band & album. Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 692390:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:11 am

Why is a negative opinion automatically labeled a bash? A bash is someone calling Axl a douche who enjoys llama fellatio. (which I have heard is true)
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:20 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Why is a negative opinion automatically labeled a bash? A bash is someone calling Axl a douche who enjoys llama fellatio. (which I have heard is true)

"GNR is a joke" is a bash post. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Until you've tried llama fellatio yourself, that sir, is a bash. Having known a few llamas in my time (I was young and in college), I can say that they have a very tender touch and a velvety tongue.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:42 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Does he enjoy giving or receiving the llama fellatio in question?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:57 am

Winamp kicks the llama's ass.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Does he enjoy giving or receiving the llama fellatio in question?

As evidence of this picture of Duff dragging poor Steven Adler to Axl's dressing room I would say receiving:

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 31424-30202
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Platinum status, baby.

birthday

Now he'll only need to repeat that about 5 more times to pay off the production costs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 pm

detuned wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Platinum status, baby.

birthday

Now he'll only need to repeat that about 5 more times to pay off the production costs.

Seeing how he's not touring and has barely done a word of press or promotion, I don't think it's too much of a concern for Axl. The record comapny I'm sure feels differently.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Wouldn't platinum be enough (or close enough) to paying off the budget? It was rumored at $14 mil, right?

So, a million copies bought (by the public, not Best Buy) and let's just say they were at $15/CD (I forget how much I bought mine for and how much they're selling for now) = $15,000,000.

You could factor in promotion costs, but that was really on Best Buy and it only had a budget of a couple hundred dollars anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Wouldn't platinum be enough (or close enough) to paying off the budget? It was rumored at $14 mil, right?

So, a million copies bought (by the public, not Best Buy) and let's just say they were at $15/CD (I forget how much I bought mine for and how much they're selling for now) = $15,000,000.

You could factor in promotion costs, but that was really on Best Buy and it only had a budget of a couple hundred dollars anyway.

I don't think your math is right on that, but don't quote me on that. Something doesn't add up just right. That being said, however, in this day and age of downloads, any album that cracks the 1 million sold mark these days is still pretty impressive. I'm sure the haters will make some snarky remark (hell, I know I would Smile ) that millions sold doesn't account for good taste in music. And they're right, to a point. Brittney sells millions too. But I guess having these exclusive deals with Best Buy and Walmart is the way to go when it comes to selling physical albums these days.

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:20 pm

I understand the exclusive deal with Walmart. Everyone shops there except Uncle Sax. But not everyone has a Best Buy in their town or one even close to it. In the town in WV where I grew up, there isn't a Best Buy, and I grew up in the 4th largest city in the state. I think the cloest Best Buy is 70 miles away in Charleston, WV.

My friend wanted this album and he never would have got it had he not had the need to be transported to Columbus, Oh for quadruple bypass surgery. On his way home from the hospital, he stopped by Best Buy in Columbus to get it. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Argentina Albums Chart#1[56]
Australian Albums Chart#3[57]
Austrian Albums Chart#3[58]
Belgian Albums Chart#4[59]
Brazilian Albums Chart#1
Canadian Albums Chart#1[60]
Danish Albums Chart#7[61]
Dutch Albums Chart#4[62]
European Top 100#1[63]
Finnish Albums Chart#1[64]
French Albums Chart#10[58]
German Albums Chart#2[58]
Greek Albums Chart#10[65]
Hungarian Albums Chart#4[66]
Irish Albums Chart#3[67]
Israeli Albums Chart#3[68]
Italian Albums Chart#3[69]
Japanese Albums Chart#3[70]
Mexican Album Charts#4[71]
New Zealand Album Chart#1[72]
Norwegian Albums Chart#2[58]
Polish Albums Chart#1[73]
Russian Albums Chart#4[74]
Slovene Albums Chart#1[75]
Swedish Albums Chart#4[58]
Swiss Albums Chart#1[58]
Portuguese Albums Chart#9[58]
UK Albums Chart#2[49]
U.S. Billboard 200#3[46]

Chart postions from Billboard.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I understand the exclusive deal with Walmart. Everyone shops there except Uncle Sax. But not everyone has a Best Buy in their town or one even close to it. In the town in WV where I grew up, there isn't a Best Buy, and I grew up in the 4th largest city in the state. I think the cloest Best Buy is 70 miles away in Charleston, WV.

My friend wanted this album and he never would have got it had he not had the need to be transported to Columbus, Oh for quadruple bypass surgery. On his way home from the hospital, he stopped by Best Buy in Columbus to get it. Smile

But that makes the numbers sold that much more impressive. Even when people had to go out of their way to get it, it still managed to sell well. Who knows what the numbers might have been if they signed a Walmart deal. And unlike Walkmart, Best Buy did very little in the marketing and display of Chinese Democracy. When Walmart was pimping Black Rain, you couldn't turn your cart around without hitting some AC/DC mech tie-in.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:43 pm

I am impressed the album managed to sell a million copies from a band (or what's left of) that has not released an album of new material since 1991, has had little to no promotion from Axl, no interviews, no videos, no tour is booked, and being sold only at Best Buy.

A million copies, and I believe those numbers only reflect the United States, does any have any idea what the world wide sales figures are?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:19 pm

manny wrote:
I am impressed the album managed to sell a million copies from a band (or what's left of) that has not released an album of new material since 1991, has had little to no promotion from Axl, no interviews, no videos, no tour is booked, and being sold only at Best Buy.

A million copies, and I believe those numbers only reflect the United States, does any have any idea what the world wide sales figures are?

2.6 million worldwide as of February 3, 2009
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:21 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:

2.6 million worldwide as of February 3, 2009

Thank you, Metal Rob.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Wow that is kind of impressive
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Axl still says no tour plans right now though in that Billboard interview. WTF is he thinking?

But geez, a million in sales with virtually no promotion from band/label/chain... Maybe he *doesn't* need to tour! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 pm

millions sold doesn't account for good taste in music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:49 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

such a snarky remark. lol!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 pm

One With the World wrote:
GN'R is a joke Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 25679

I love you.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:07 am

Schbopo wrote:
One With the World wrote:
GN'R is a joke Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 25679

I love you.

I love you both :flower:
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:01 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

True but there are some who actually dig GnR Joke or not What cracks me up is this thread IMO is in the wrong section I woudnt call Chinese Democracy a metal album or even a Hard Rock Album Id have to say Chinese Democracy is pretty experimental
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 16 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next