Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:52 am

I learned something new when i looked it up

I love Black Leather
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Rolling Stone says this album sounds a lot like the GNR we all know. You know, "...supershred guitars, orchestral fanfares, hip-hop electronics, metallic tabernacle choirs..." Same GNR.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Yeah, I read that review. Now, whilst I'm quite optimistic about this album, that review was just ridiculous. It irked me, to say the least.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Rolling Stone says this album sounds a lot like the GNR we all know. You know, "...supershred guitars, orchestral fanfares, hip-hop electronics, metallic tabernacle choirs..." Same GNR.

lol!

Rolling Stone clueless as always.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:31 pm

at least we can be assured of it at least not being a turd
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:34 am

At least.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:41 am

Quote :
Rolling Stone clueless as always.

Rolling Stone is just like Mtv :eyesore:
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:51 am

i think we can all say that about MTV
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Personally, I haven't been a regular viewer of Mtv for over 10 years. I don't think I have even channel surfed to it in a bout 5 years. Like many others I lost interest when it was no longer a music channel. I actually watch VH1 more b/c thay have the BTM series and things like "Heavy: The Story Of Metal." Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Chinese seems to be getting pretty reasonable reviews everywhere I've looked. I've not read anywhere that it completely sucks or anything. Based on the stuff I've heard I think it will be a solid album comparable with some of the better moments on the UYI albums. Will definitely be getting a copy next fortnight.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:07 pm

I loved The Behind The Music even if it was someone I wasnt into it was still interesting

I miss that series
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:13 pm

just over a week to go now!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:58 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Personally, I haven't been a regular viewer of Mtv for over 10 years. I don't think I have even channel surfed to it in a bout 5 years. Like many others I lost interest when it was no longer a music channel. I actually watch VH1 more b/c thay have the BTM series and things like "Heavy: The Story Of Metal." Peace.

Same here mostly. I watched an occasional episode of the revived Headbanger's Ball a few years ago but they played way too much metalcore and emo. They had some good metal videos but only every other third or fourth song. Now days, if I want to watch a music video, I use youtube.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:52 am

just heard the second song to be released from Cd - Better and it is pretty average after a poor opening or so it seems on first listen
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:17 am

I quite like 'Better', it has a nice heavy chorus and another good heavy bit later on. I also just quite like the verse. Definitely better than the title track, that's for sure.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:12 pm

i prefer the intro to chinese democracy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Same here mostly. I watched an occasional episode of the revived Headbanger's Ball a few years ago but they played way too much metalcore and emo. They had some good metal videos but only every other third or fourth song. Now days, if I want to watch a music video, I use youtube.

For a while, VH1 Classic was playing classic metal and hard rock videos late on Saturday nights, from about 1am to 6am. I used to put the channel on and just fall into bed and fall asleep. It felt like I was 14 again and listening to the Metalzone after midnight. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:04 pm

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

The whole album is streaming now. Never heard "Sorry" before, man, it's awesome though. Doesn't really sound like anything else on the album.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

The whole album is streaming now. Never heard "Sorry" before, man, it's awesome though. Doesn't really sound like anything else on the album.

this album sounds killer especially the track Better the solo in that song is killer.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 pm

i like what i heard briefly on the myspace
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:34 pm

I defenitly want this album I love what ive been hearing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:40 pm

the sentinel wrote:

I stopped watching MTV around 1993.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:42 pm

I don't think the free Dr Pepper is enough to get me to buy this mess.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:03 pm

There are young kids I know that had no idea that MTV was actually a music channel.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:03 pm

From what i was reading you dont even have to buy the album to get the free dr pepper

this is from Yahoo

LOS ANGELES – Dr Pepper is making good on its promise of free soda now that the release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is a reality.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in America if the album dropped in 2008. "Chinese Democracy," infamously delayed since recording began in 1994, goes on sale Sunday.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's Web site. They'll be honored until Feb. 28.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next