Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:37 am

I found this interesting from Classic Rock Magazine:

Axl got rid of me to wrestle control of GN’R!” claims former GN’R manager Alan Niven in a Classic Rock exclusive.
Guns N’ Roses’ former manager has claimed that Axl Rose had him fired in what he believes was an attempt by Rose to take control of the band name.
In a web posting on December 11, 2008, Axl claimed that he sought ownership of the band’s name as protection because their then manager, Alan Niven, “was always trying to convince someone they should fire me”.
He added: “As I had stopped speaking with him he sensed his days were numbered and was bending any ear he could along with attempting to sell our renegotiation [with record company Geffen] out for a personal pay day”.
In his first full length magazine interview printed in the next issue of Classic Rock, Alan Niven refutes Rose’s allegations and gives new insights into life behind the scenes with GN’R.
Of Axl’s claim that Niven tried to personally benefit from the Geffen renegtiation, the manager claims that, rather than being fuelled by greed he “paid millions to get Axl out of my life”.
Niven claims that he had “a 17% commission in perpetuity [ie that] anything released, mastered or negotiated during the term of my contract was commissionable forever… Axl fired me in ’91. Now that means that the sales of Appetite, Lies and Use Your Illusions were all commissionable. Forever. To get Axl out of my life I sold those rights back to the band for $3.5 million. I did not want to deal with him again. Now that’s a decent chunk of change, but Geffen had only paid royalties on about five million albums total at that time. Imagine how much I had still coming. [Appetite For Destruction alone has sold 30 million copies.] The settlement I took is not nearly anywhere close to what I was due and had earned.”
In fact, Niven claims that Axl waited until the manager had renegotiated the deal before firing him.
“As regards his remark about me getting a payday from Geffen from renegotiations – let’s get some more facts straight. I have a right to defend myself against this guy. “Firstly, both the managers of Aerosmith and Whitesnake tried to get renegotiations on existing contracts around this time and failed. I think I am the only person to leverage a re-negotiation out of David Geffen on an existing contract… Their royalty rates were increased by 30%. There were other refinements. Better advances, etc. But since when I was fired I sold my rights back to the band I did not benefit from this re-negotiation.”
“Furthermore, I had their merch deal redone, and their sub-publishing deal redone. They were due. …I also got the first major headline tour in place. Then I was fired. Nice.”
“As for his claim I was trying to get him fired because he wasn’t talking to me, that is an absurd invention. He didn’t talk to me after the incident in Phoenix in ’88 when his failure to show caused a riot. He didn’t talk to me when I refused to cancel the Aerosmith tour. I was banned from that tour for a month. Many was the time Axl would send me to Coventry.”
While Axl claims he sought rights to the name to protect his position in the band from Niven, the former manager suggests that he was fired so that Axl could wrestle control of GN’R: “What I find interesting is that after I was fired, by his own admission, Axl took the band name as part of the Geffen renegotiation. I believe he got rid of me to do that, amongst other things. I think that he always intended to take total control. And he knew I would not stand for such a move. I could be wrong, but I rather think there you have it.
“Axl always had a problem that I made it clear that I represented the interests of all five members of the band, not just and exclusively his.”
Of the new GN’R, Niven comments: “Y’know, everyone has the right to make the music they want to with whomever they wish. But just be up ’n’ up about it. All this ‘last man’ standing stuff from Axl is horseshit. He wore us all out. Drove us all off. And for a personality like Axl, solo work only makes sense. If he wants to be Elton Rose then more power to him. Go for it. Pull it off. He has the talent to do that. But don’t pretend that one person alone represents the idea of Guns N’ Roses. That band, in my opinion, played its last show on April 7, 1990. Farm Aid, Indianapolis.”
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:03 am

Guns N Roses suck! Final personal verdict sick
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 am

Nothing in that article Manny posted surprises me. Axl is a douche of major proportions.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Good Article Manny
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:42 pm

Interesting Axl Q&A in Billboard magazine:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/feature/the-billboard-q-a-axl-rose-1003939032.story?pn=1

Death before Slash & Axl reunite!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:02 am

Axl is an idiot. I now hate him with a passion. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:46 am

I read that article
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Interesting Axl Q&A in Billboard magazine:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/feature/the-billboard-q-a-axl-rose-1003939032.story?pn=1

Death before Slash & Axl reunite!

That was interesting. Thanks.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:13 am

Aside street of dreams which happens to be a very good balad, chinese democracy simply stinks!

Funny thing is, i was on a long drive with my fiancee and she asked to listen to some of guns's early ballads, since she knew none. When i played november rain to her, she started to laugh, stating that axl rose has got the crappiest voice she has ever heard. She's somehow right...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Aside street of dreams which happens to be a very good balad, chinese democracy simply stinks!

Funny thing is, i was on a long drive with my fiancee and she asked to listen to some of guns's early ballads, since she knew none. When i played november rain to her, she started to laugh, stating that axl rose has got the crappiest voice she has ever heard. She's somehow right...

I actually love 'Chinese Democracy' but different strokes for different folks as the cliche goes and if anyone cares according to the Newspaper Axl Rose turned 47 on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:58 pm

I only liked appetite for destruction. But i guess it's just nostalgia. After all, a good band is a band that is capable of constantly releasing good albums. However, this is not the guns case. We have to admit it. These guys get their glory from a good album that came out in 1987!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I only liked appetite for destruction. But i guess it's just nostalgia. After all, a good band is a band that is capable of constantly releasing good albums. However, this is not the guns case. We have to admit it. These guys get their glory from a good album that came out in 1987!!!
MILLIONS of people disagree with you. Millions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Here are some of the artists in this weeks best selling albums chart:

Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Nickleback, Britney Spears...

MILLIONS of people have absolutely NO TASTE IN MUSIC WHATSOEVER.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:10 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!
Do I have to argue the point? Please don't make me. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Do I have to argue the point? Please don't make me. Laughing

Since when did you ever miss an opportunity to argue?

silent
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:36 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

Theres a huge discrepancy between those bands and GnR. Those bands are pop music and have more of an influence with there looks then with there music. Those bands also relate more toward young teenagers then anything. All GnR did was embark on world wide tours, sell millions of cds, and sell out every arena they played. Not bad for a career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:07 pm

I was joking. Evidently that isn't always apparent.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:20 pm

detuned wrote:
I was joking. Evidently that isn't always apparent.

I know you were joking De, I just had to comment on why those artists were top sellers.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Your comment is utter and complete bullsh!t.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:06 am

Quote :

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:32 am

manny wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I am inclined to agree with manny here. For one, you can't just ignore the Use Your Illusions albums, which were not only one of the biggest successes in music history, but also damn fine albums. A good band is one that helps define a genre - I think Guns N' Roses definitely fit that criteria.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 am

I couldnt agree more with Manny
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Platinum status, baby.

birthday
Back to top Go down
One With the World
Metal novice
Metal novice
One With the World

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:11 am

GN'R is a joke Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 25679
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tuka_fire

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am

Does this album REALLY need 16 pages? And I wholehearted agree with this nube ^^^^^!

Welcome OWtW! You have made a good impression with at least one member here!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 15 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next