Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:44 pm

I can almost guarantee a stupid amount of people will buy this album, even if it's out of curiosity more than anything else. I don't think it can flop.

No 'I told you so!'s if I turn out to be hilariously wrong though, eh?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Smindas wrote:
I can almost guarantee a stupid amount of people will buy this album, even if it's out of curiosity more than anything else. I don't think it can flop.

No 'I told you so!'s if I turn out to be hilariously wrong though, eh?

I don't think it will flop on the sales end of things...I think it will probably flop when it comes to public opinion in whether the decade and a half long wait was worth their hard earned money.

On the other hand, I think AC/DC has been doing a brilliant job with their marketing campaign of "Black Ice". People have had at least 2 months to digest "Rock & Roll Train", which has been widely accepted. The few reviews of the album that had been out prior to its release were very promising. Wall-Mart has done a great job with the promotion behind this album, especially with the pricing of their back catalog. I have picked up at least 5 of their CD's because of the relatively cheap cost. I would be anxious to see if their is a general spike in AC/DC's back catalog.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:53 pm

I am going to buy it and I am going to listen to it with an open mind. We both realize this not the original Guns N Roses so I judge it on its own merits, but no this album will not live up to anyone's hype, that would be impossible to do. I have read, and heard rumors about this album for years, and I do not see how this album could even begin to cover the cost it took to create it. It would probably have to sell 2 million copies for it to even break even.

I agree I think Rock Band and Guitar Hero has helped veteran bands reach a younger audience but I also think kids like this music because it isn't as processed or sppon fed them like modern rock acts are. An example of this is Slipknot, I happen to be a fan but they are always marketed as this ultra heavy, dark band, the reality is that Slipknot is packaged rebellion, who's music is moving closer to a modern rock sound than a true heavy metal band.

The main difference also is that as true music lovers of not just metal but music in general we have sense of history regarding this music, most young fans do not and have been conditioned to see music as almost disposable. To us it wasn't just music it was a way of life, at least IMO.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:24 pm

I couldnt agree more with Manny's post

I too plan to get it and listen to it with an open mind, In fact I actually dig the Title Track and I like There Was a Time, so I already know of at least 2 songs i already dig.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:04 pm

yeah i have ordered this album and i will listen to it with an open mind as i know the album only has axl. every young GNr fan i ever knew is well aware of the current state of affairs regarding line up and many think the old lineup is the definitive but i think many will buy it
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:48 pm

manny wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
GNR is one my favorite groups and Axl one of my favorite frontmen, but I don't think I could ever talk myself into buying a ticket to one of their shows. Razz

Really? How come?

Maybe because Axl will throw a hiss fit and cancel the entire tour like he did a few years ago.

Exactly.

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That song took 15 years??

I like it. I liked it when I first heard it 7 years ago. Laughing Good to hear a final mix though and it's good to see GNR's own site doing a countdown to the release. IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
GNR is one my favorite groups and Axl one of my favorite frontmen, but I don't think I could ever talk myself into buying a ticket to one of their shows. Razz

Really? How come?

Maybe because Axl will throw a hiss fit and cancel the entire tour like he did a few years ago.

Exactly.

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That song took 15 years??

I like it. I liked it when I first heard it 7 years ago. Laughing Good to hear a final mix though and it's good to see GNR's own site doing a countdown to the release. IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!! 🤘

yeah man i am so excited about this release. its become the myth of a generaion
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Available only at Best Buy. I am not sure how I feel about the exclusive deals bands have been making with these big box retail giants. One one hand, I like the fact that it ensures sales for an artist and ensures that they will be around to record again. On the other, it smacks of monopoly and a troublesome trend where all the big name bands are available only at select locations or the bands website. I don't mind going to a chain store for my music (Newbury, Fye) but I don't want to go to a retail location b/c it's just not the same. There's no searching through stacks of used stuff for a used gem that's been on your want list for years; you just go to the end cap that has the bands merchandise you are looking for and it's off to the register. Oh, well, I'm off the soapbox. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:44 pm

the sentinel wrote:
There's no searching through stacks of used stuff for a used gem that's been on your want list for years; you just go to the end cap that has the bands merchandise you are looking for and it's off to the register. Oh, well, I'm off the soapbox. Peace.

Hey, we're on the internet, you can find a whole lot more you've never heard of than you would browsing the used bins (and you can hear it before you steal buy it too!).
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
There's no searching through stacks of used stuff for a used gem that's been on your want list for years; you just go to the end cap that has the bands merchandise you are looking for and it's off to the register. Oh, well, I'm off the soapbox. Peace.

Hey, we're on the internet, you can find a whole lot more you've never heard of than you would browsing the used bins (and you can hear it before you steal buy it too!).

Nothing and i mean nothing beats the ecstasy of finding that album you forgot about but realise that's one of the cd's your after.

It's like a hallelujah moment amongst the discount used bin...light shines down on the spine of the reclusive cd amongst the piles of crappy Aqua and Vengaboys cd's.

The internet....pfft that's too easy, you gotta get out in the 'jungle' of yesteryears preloved plastic.

Ya gotta sneeze on the dust of those old used record stores.....makes you feel alive!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:21 am

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 1125209x
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:32 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:25 am

My "perdiction" it opens at No 1, sells between 1.5 and 2 million copies and falls off the charts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:39 am

thejokeriv wrote:
My "perdiction" it opens at No 1, sells between 1.5 and 2 million copies and falls off the charts

Is that different from a "prediction"? lol!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:43 am

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd expect too. Still, I think it'll be a decent modern rock album - definitely a worthwhile purchase from the songs I've heard off it. Worth 15 years of work though? Not bloody likely.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:53 am

I am curious what the tour will be like after this comes out or if there will even be one.

I will end up buying one of these but am not sure if I will like it too much. After Appetite their CDs were kind of hit and miss with me. I always thought Use Your Illusion could have and should have been one really good album instead of 2 so - so albums. Still I have always bought their stuff in hopes of another Appetite for Destruction.

It sure has been a long time in the works, I guess we will see in Nov. what happens if anything.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:32 am

skullsmasher wrote:
I am curious what the tour will be like after this comes out or if there will even be one.

I will end up buying one of these but am not sure if I will like it too much. After Appetite their CDs were kind of hit and miss with me. I always thought Use Your Illusion could have and should have been one really good album instead of 2 so - so albums. Still I have always bought their stuff in hopes of another Appetite for Destruction.

It sure has been a long time in the works, I guess we will see in Nov. what happens if anything.

Are there actual members of the band at this point other than Axl? Is that Bumblebee guy an actual member? I'm sure he could gather together some scrubs to tour, but I don't even know if a "band" exists anymore. The list of credits, if Axl gives anyone else credit, on this new album will be 20 pages long.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:33 am

according to Sebastian Bach Chinese Democracy is supposed to be the first of a trilogy of concept albums

The whole Exclusive retail chain thing thats the trend, good example is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers documentry "Runnin Down a Dream" was a Best Buy Exclusive and now I saw it for sale at places other than Best Buy

Im curious about the album but ive already said that
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:37 am

Quote :
according to Sebastian Bach Chinese Democracy is supposed to be the first of a trilogy of concept albums

Are you sh*tting me? A trilogy? Laughing very hard So the next 2 will be out in 2023 and 2038?

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Are you sh*tting me? A trilogy? Laughing very hard So the next 2 will be out in 2023 and 2038?

So there will be a small crowd of surviving fans gathered around Axel's wheelchair throwing horns
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:07 pm

The next two chapters will be "Japanese Monarchy" and "Lebanese Plutocracy"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Next two chapters will be Cut Out Bin and Chapter 11
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Nope Im not, but yeah :lmao
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:51 pm

But supposidly theyve completed a total of 35-40 songs supposidly
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:

Are there actual members of the band at this point other than Axl? Is that Bumblebee guy an actual member? I'm sure he could gather together some scrubs to tour, but I don't even know if a "band" exists anymore. The list of credits, if Axl gives anyone else credit, on this new album will be 20 pages long.

This is suposedly the credit list for the song Chinese Democracy. Not the album...one freakin' song.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY
(Rose, Freese)

Guitars: Paul Tobias, Robin Finck,
Buckethead, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal,
Richard Fortus
Bass: Tommy Stinson
Drums: Frank Ferrer
Keyboards: Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Axl Rose
Background Vocals: Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson
Sub bass: Chris Pitman
Guitar Solos: Robin Finck, Buckethead
Intro: Eric Caudieux, Caram Costanzo
Vocals: Axl Rose
Arrangement: Rose, Tobias, Beavan
Digital Editing: Eric Caudieux,
Caram Costanzo, Axl Rose, Sean Beavan
Additional guitar processing: Chris Pitman

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 6 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next