Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM

Go down 
+7
tohostudios
the sentinel
rattpoison
Shiney
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Absolutely!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Here's a CNN news report of when Love/Hate hung Jizzy from the Hollywood sign, i kid you not. Check out the Budweiser cans cross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOwKav3WR6Y

I remember this stunt! Not the brightest idea (I believe Jiz did some time in jail for it) but hilariously cool nonetheless.

That "Budweiser cans cross" was something of an L/H trademark. I saw them live a few times and they'd always open the set by marching out onstage, Jizzy leading the charge, holding that Bud Cross high!!

I read that when they did the recent reunion in LA, that they had to make the cross again. But Skid who is a proper working family man nowadays kept hiding the empty beer cans from his kids to make the cross cause he was embarrassed about it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:42 pm

Tell me more about Let's Rumble. Why should I get it or not get it?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:46 pm

I know where you can get that one cheap...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:53 pm

You can get Let's Rumble from Amazon zShops for about $5 incl shipping. That should tell you something.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Ah, I getcha!!

Oh, well......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 1:03 pm

I like Let's Rumble. It's not a GREAT album but it's pretty listenable.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Let's Rumble is classic and the final number in the 3 greatest rock/metal albums in a row. Too bad it knocks off early, 33 minutes running time.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Well now, I'm getting conflicting thoughts here. I'm gonna find a place to hear it now!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:57 pm

http://www.lovehate.com/

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 5:46 pm

Cool! Amazing! All the songs. Will have to absorb this some time. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Listen to Blackout and Wasted In America then listen to Rumble. Big dropoff IMO.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:55 pm

Listening to Blackout right now. Pretty good stuff, but better than Appetite? scratch

I remember Why Do You Think They Call It Dope?, but I had thought it was a Scatterbrain song. Must just be my fuzzy memory.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:58 pm

Blackout smokes Appetite and if that wasn't enough Wasted In America totally wastes those two.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:08 am

rattpoison wrote:
Blackout smokes Appetite

Not so far.... lol!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:12 am

The cold hard facts are it does Cool
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:20 am

Not in my book. The bass player smokes, I just love that tone he has and a prominant bass line is a huge plus for me, but the lyrics are hit or miss. Rock Queen and Mary Jane are particularly silly.

Still, a solid album here. Unfortunately, the coding for that page is weirded out on my computer, so I can't listen to anything past Mary Jane.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 12:31 am

My case with Blackout V Appetite is a little weaker when comparing Wasted V Appetite. Listen to Wasted In America, pure lyrical and metal genius. Amazing, stunning album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:08 am

I dunno if I'd say that BLACKOUT "smokes" APPETITE, but they're definitely on par with one another.

BLACKOUT kinda seems like APPETITE's less polished, ugly younger brother to me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 am

Blackout is better than Appetite in my opinion because I hate GNR. But saying Wasted In America is better than Blackout is pure insanity.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:50 am

Well, I just took a "flyer" on Let's Rumble. Stormy's site is updated and he had that one cheap. I'll hear for myself!

Tall T - I'm in your camp. Appetite to me was a seminal event in Metal history. It may not have been the first if its kind, it may not be the best of its kind, but it was the ONE that got that kind on the grand map! It holds up SO well over the years.

SO, I can't tell if RattP knows what he's talking about or is such a fanboy of the genre that he's blinded and misguided. Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:53 am

rattpoison wrote:
Blackout smokes Appetite and if that wasn't enough Wasted In America totally wastes those two.

That's blasphemy!! You take it back!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:00 pm

My point is mute cause Appetite was released 3,5 years before those seminal Love/Hate records, so i can't argue with impact and all that goes with it.

But pound for pound, album for album take away all over things, those Love/Hate records are better and more daring than Appetite in it's twisted alloy of street walkin' blues/funk/punk/sleaze/metal. And i really really love Appetite.

And Wasted is better than Blackout, gone are some of the silly lyrics that plagued the debut. It's a disorienting freefall into the world of self destruction through excess and society's ill's, an album that course's through your veins like the icy blue chemicals it is. An album that bookended the californian hard rock scene, Van Halen I (1978) being the kick starter, both said statements being the towering critical peaks of the at times rewarding but ultimately dissapointing cali hard rock scene. Yucca Man, Happy Hour, Tranquilizer being the best 3 rock songs placed one after the other, an awesome 3 fisted punch to your already dazed face.

And ScottMitchell what genre am i a fanboy of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:24 pm

rattpoison wrote:

And Wasted is better than Blackout, gone are some of the silly lyrics that plagued the debut. It's a disorienting freefall into the world of self destruction through excess and society's ill's, an album that course's through your veins like the icy blue chemicals it is. An album that bookended the californian hard rock scene, Van Halen I (1978) being the kick starter, both said statements being the towering critical peaks of the at times rewarding but ultimately dissapointing cali hard rock scene. Yucca Man, Happy Hour, Tranquilizer being the best 3 rock songs placed one after the other, an awesome 3 fisted punch to your already dazed face.

I'm going to have to pull a bullshit card on that paragraph.

I think you have seen "Almost Famous" too many times. You sound a little like David Fricke. Smile

You're building up an album that had zero impact on either the national or local scene. Wasted In America, while a good album, was a contract fulfillment and an OK album from a band that believed its own image too quickly and was on the fast road to burnout.

Their shining moment, despite trite lyrics, was Blackout.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Personally, I find both Blackout and Wasted to be flawed. Take the best of both albums and you have a killer release but to this day, I tend to skip about half the tracks on both.

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM   Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love/Hate - BLACKOUT IN THE RED ROOM
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next