Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Love/Hate Vocals

Go down 
+6
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
XYZ
rattpoison
Stender
DallasBlack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:52 pm

What are those vocalists that seem to divide people the most (metal and rock)? You know, those who on paper aren't great vocalists but despite that they tend to have a following or those who are great vocalists on paper but their voice turns people off. My list:

Rod Stewart
Phil Collins
Tarja (ex-Nightwish)
Udo
Lemmy
Bernhard Weiß (Axxis)
Christopher Bowes (Alestorm)
Chris Boltendahl (Grave Digger)
Liv Kristine (Leaves' Eyes)
Ozzy Osbourne
Dave Matthews
Adam Duritz (Counting Crows)
Lee Dorian (Cathedral)
Andi Deris (Helloween)
Michael Stipe (R.E.M.)
Steve Hogarth (Marillion)
Eddie Vedder
James LaBrie
Geddy Lee
Scott Waters (Ultimatum)

Any others?

Last edited by DallasBlack on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:00 pm

James Hetfield IMO.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:01 pm

There's quite a love/hate relationship with Bob Dylan's vocals, alot of people say "He's a great songwriter but i can't stand he's voice". Luckily i don't fall in that camp.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:05 pm

James LaBrie
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:02 am

rattpoison wrote:
There's quite a love/hate relationship with Bob Dylan's vocals, alot of people say "He's a great songwriter but i can't stand he's voice". Luckily i don't fall in that camp.

Good one, I forgot about him.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:54 am

Oh geeze. The guy from the old southern prog/glam band White Witch. He was kind of a cross between Wolfmother and The Darkness vocalists. I don't recall his name, but very eccentric. I didn't mind him but I can understand why some people couldn't hack it.

Also Glenn Hughes. I like him but...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 am

Bon Scott
Brian Johnson
Dean Davidson (Britny Fox)
Tom Kieffer (Cinderella)
Spike (London Quireboys)
Tyla (Dog d'Amour)

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 am

rattpoison wrote:

I personally like Bob Dylan's vocals and I am huge fan of his, so much so I named one of my twin boys Dylan.
Back to top Go down

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:22 am

Jizzy Pearl is the only Love/Hate vocalist.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:23 am

SpectreFate wrote:

lol! I thought the same thing when I first opened this thread!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:02 am

tohostudios wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

lol! I thought the same thing when I first opened this thread!

So did I.He had a good voice too. Smile
Back to top Go down

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:04 am

Jon Anderson (Yes) - personally I love his voice, but I know he drives some people nuts.
Back to top Go down

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:10 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Oh geeze. The guy from the old southern prog/glam band White Witch.

Love/Hate Vocals 615-Xoisl9L._SL500_AA280_

"Now bombs and tanks and riot gas
Can't keep you from smokin' grass
Now listen to me brother and I'll tell you true
Marijuana is good for you"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:41 am

I see I'm not the only one who thought this was going to be a thread about the BAND Love/Hate, haha. Well now that I've read the thread, I'd say that Love/Hate's vocalist, Jizzy Pearl, definitely had a "love or hate" vocal style (some loved him, some found him irritating) so I guess he'd qualify. Laughing

King Diamond's vocals are definitely a love/hate thing too. I love the guy but I know lots of people who can't stand his voice.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 am

Guy Ritter(Tourniquet).I loved his high pitched voice but I know alot of people couldnt stand it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:39 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Guy Ritter(Tourniquet).I loved his high pitched voice but I know alot of people couldnt stand it.

... like me, for example.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I see I'm not the only one who thought this was going to be a thread about the BAND Love/Hate, haha. Well now that I've read the thread, I'd say that Love/Hate's vocalist, Jizzy Pearl, definitely had a "love or hate" vocal style (some loved him, some found him irritating) so I guess he'd qualify. Laughing

King Diamond's vocals are definitely a love/hate thing too. I love the guy but I know lots of people who can't stand his voice.

Sorry, not familiar with Love/Hate. Had I known there is band called that, I would have worded the title differently. Good call on King Diamond, I had him in mind for my list but I forgot.
Back to top Go down

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:44 am

thrasher73 wrote:

I like Lemmy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Sorry, not familiar with Love/Hate. Had I known there is band called that, I would have worded the title differently. Good call on King Diamond, I had him in mind for my list but I forgot.

Haha, it's all good. I started a thread about the band here a while back if you wanna check it out...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/love-hate-blackout-in-the-red-room-t2758.htm?highlight=blackout

Their web site (http://www.lovehate.com) used to have all of the tracks from their first four albums or so available to download but it looks like they've been taken down now. However, it does say that there will be new Love/Hate music in 2009! That's good news. crazy happy

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

And me, I much prefer Luke Easter...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:15 am

Olafsto wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

And me, I much prefer Luke Easter...

I prefer their instrumentals, myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:49 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

I like Lemmy. Smile

You Would! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love/Hate Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Vocals   Love/Hate Vocals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love/Hate Vocals
Page 1 of 1