Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I get sick of people.....

Go down 
+34
powermacho
kmorg
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
UltraMagnus007
exact33
Stender
journeyman
jstate
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
candlemass
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
T-Roy
mc666
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
Wargod
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
Thrasher73
TheGooch
KissinMaiden
Required Fields
DallasBlack
sovdat
ghost
scottmitchell74
krokus
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:46 pm

krokus wrote:
Maybe the bands doesnt make a money on cds but record companies, record shops, delivering service, magazine(because adverts) etc...do make money on cds.

Isn't mostly about the artist though? I know that if I had a band with an album out the somebody sold themselves on eBay or something, I would be kind of pissed, because the money is going to the person that sold it for triple the amount that they bought it. So if someone downloads the album for free it's the same thing isn't it? I may be wrong. I always buy albums though just to let you all know. Like you all cared.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:01 pm

I always purchase albums. I only download a couple of songs to get a taste for what i'm in store for when i buy the cd. As a matter of fact, i just special ordered Gamma Ray's Somewhere out in Space
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:17 am

The ONLY time I download music is when it's legally free. Like when a band will offer something that might be out of print.

I downloaded a bunch of Defiance's stuff - as they gave their albums away free since they were out of print.

I've never once in my life downloaded anything illegally though. I'm not judging anyone who does. I've just never done that.

I don't do 'i tunes' either. I need the hard copy. Anything else is second rate.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:48 am

i collect, so i buy a huge amount each week. however, i do download stuff i cannot find, or stuff i cannot wait to hear. i always buy if i find it,or once it's released if i liked it of course.

as for what others do, i could care less.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:51 am

blackieboy wrote:
The ONLY time I download music is when it's legally free. Like when a band will offer something that might be out of print.

I downloaded a bunch of Defiance's stuff - as they gave their albums away free since they were out of print.

I've never once in my life downloaded anything illegally though. I'm not judging anyone who does. I've just never done that.

I don't do 'i tunes' either. I need the hard copy. Anything else is second rate.

i tunes is useful for ripping cds and stuff but in england the selection of music you can download is not as good as in the usa:(
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:04 am

spiritoradio wrote:
krokus wrote:
Maybe the bands doesnt make a money on cds but record companies, record shops, delivering service, magazine(because adverts) etc...do make money on cds.

Isn't mostly about the artist though? I know that if I had a band with an album out the somebody sold themselves on eBay or something, I would be kind of pissed, because the money is going to the person that sold it for triple the amount that they bought it. So if someone downloads the album for free it's the same thing isn't it? I may be wrong. I always buy albums though just to let you all know. Like you all cared.

The record companie normaly pay the studio where the band record their cd, pay for adverts, logistics etc...and it normal they make the money (but artist make money too on cd´s, and some more then we can imagine). Bands make more money on t-shirts and tour but still, they need promotion behind and people that book a tour etc...and if those record companies starting to loose money they will not work for a band anymore. Its no problem SPIRITORADIO where you buy the cd, ebay, record shop etc..the important thing is that a cd sells.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:06 am

mc666 wrote:
i collect, so i buy a huge amount each week. however, i do download stuff i cannot find, or stuff i cannot wait to hear. i always buy if i find it,or once it's released if i liked it of course.

as for what others do, i could care less.

I think to say that you dont care is not 100%correct in my opinion. Why? because if everybody only download stuff and never buy cd´s they will stop making them and you and me will be without new releases, on cd´s and that will be terrible because you and me are collectors, but not only of old stuff that you can always buy at second hand shops, but we also like new releases. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:13 am

I think we should all still drive horses....instead of cars too. lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:39 am

T-Roy wrote:

yeah and give away all our possessions and go and live in a cave like a hermit!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:54 am

T-Roy wrote:

Personally I don't see MP3s and downloading as an advancement. Even the best MP3 still won't sound as good as an actual CD pressing of an album. Also, I see the packaging as part of the whole thing. I don't mind people downloading, but I don't see buying CDs as going backwards, as in "riding horses instead of driving cars." I just see it as a matter of preference.

I prefer a hard copy of the album. I am album oriented. I tend to like to listen to an entire album of a band. The download generation seems to be more interested in the "hit song". In the 70's through the 1990's, the hit song grabbed your attention and then you purchased the album/tape/CD and checked out the rest of the album. Now it's just about downloading that one song and not really caring about the artist in general. Of course, that's not true of everyone who downloads, but I do see that a lot with my teenage kids and their friends.

I have downloaded a few songs by bands to check them out. Don't think I have ever illegally downloaded anything. If I like a band, I buy their CDs.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:58 am

i think people see the cd as backwards becuase it is no longer the most portable option compared to say an ipod that can hold thousands of songs
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
I am album oriented. I tend to like to listen to an entire album of a band.

Me too... though in this day and age it seems like folks like us are a dying breed, brother 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:00 am

how many of us still buy vinyl albums (secondhand ones usually)? if thats not anti download i dont know what is
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:02 am

TheGooch wrote:
how many of us still buy vinyl albums (secondhand ones usually)? if thats not anti download i dont know what is

I still bought vinyl LPs well into the 1990s, unfortunately my turntable crapped out a few years back so I have nothin' to play'em on Sad
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:02 am

EXACTUALLY!!

Look, don't get me wrong, I get the point, however, this issue has been
hammered time and time again on this board. I think we can all agree,
that downloading illegally is, well, illegal! Saying that me buying
digital music instead of hard copies is ruining the industry?! Give me
a break. You know what I DESPISE?? People that think their way....is
the "pure" way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:09 am

T-Roy wrote:
EXACTUALLY!!

The original purpose of this thread, I believe, is to vent about those who download illegally. Folks like T-Roy and thousands of others are going the right route. Some (me) prefer actual CDs, others (my wife) don't like clutter. Tomato tomaato. Nasty Savage kick a$$!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:11 am

I don't think my way is "pure", I just said it was my preference.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 am

I know that Ult! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:36 am

spectrefate wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
EXACTUALLY!!

The
original purpose of this thread, I believe, is to vent about those who
download illegally. Folks like T-Roy and thousands of others are going
the right route. Some (me) prefer actual CDs, others (my wife) don't
like clutter. Tomato tomaato. Nasty Savage kick
a$$!
Yes it was, but then, as usual, it didn't stop
there. Krokus had to continue to insinuate that digital period, hurts
collectors and the bands, I'm I correct Krok? Sorry if I'm
misinterpreting, but that's what I heard.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:46 am

I get sick of people who get sick of people! I get sick of people..... - Page 2 543534
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:07 am

Quote :
I prefer a hard copy of the album. I am album oriented.

I'm not a collector per se - so I'm not driven by that need for all the elements of the CD and art from a collectors POV...but when I buy music I like to have all the elements. I like the CD experience. I love the unwrapping and opening of the package. I like the lyric booklet and the art. When I was a kid/teenage I spent countless hours going over the lyrics, art and the "thanks" of the inserts.

I have downloaded via purchase exactly 18 songs. I do this only when there's just this one single song I love from an album I know is otherwise not my thing. But 99.9% of the songs I own are on a silver press or a cassette (or record or 8-track) somewhere in my house.....
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:13 am

candlemass wrote:
I get sick of people who get sick of people! I get sick of people..... - Page 2 543534
I'm just sick.......in the head.lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:17 am

I'm getting sick of this discussion.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:34 am

roger that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:43 am

sick<--- This guy is just sick in general.

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I get sick of people.....
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next