Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I get sick of people.....

Go down 
+34
powermacho
kmorg
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
UltraMagnus007
exact33
Stender
journeyman
jstate
Tall Tyrion
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
candlemass
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
T-Roy
mc666
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
Wargod
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
Thrasher73
TheGooch
KissinMaiden
Required Fields
DallasBlack
sovdat
ghost
scottmitchell74
krokus
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

I get sick of people..... Empty
PostSubject: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:36 am

that never buy cd´s. I am talking about people that download everything and even when they like what they have downloaded, they dont go to the shop and buy the cd. People that dont give a smurf poo about anything, only about them selfs and not seing that little by little they have to close down record shops,etc....only because they think that music is free.
I am not talking about people that download and buy at the same time, but about people that write in forums, OHHH, I LOVE THE NEW HELLOWEEN ALBUM THAT I JUST DOWNLOADES FOR FREE. I AM GOING TO SPEND MY MONEY ON SOME NEW SUNGLASSES BY CHANEL.
You can buy your sunglasses, i dont give a smurf poo but IF YOU LIKED THE NEW HELLOWEEN, SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A CD, F UCKERSSSSSSSSS . They worked hard to make it possible.
What do you guys think about this????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:43 am

I applaud you krokus. humble

My sentiments exactly. I used to download ALOT. But now I don't download something I don't have any intention of buying. I will download only after I have ordered the product and am waiting for it.

I love having the tangible product in my hand. A downloaded album feels like I have cheated, which is exactly what I have done if I have downloaded for free. Stupid.

I understand alot of people dont have the means to buy everything they want. Times are tough all over. Do without. You are doing nothing but hurting your favortie artists in the long run.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:53 am

I agree 100%!!! The only stuff I download I've paid for or they were free from the BAND or the Label as a promo....

When I sell or trade a CD, I erase the content from my computer.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:02 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I agree 100%!!! The only stuff I download I've paid for or they were free from the BAND or the Label as a promo....

When I sell or trade a CD, I erase the content from my computer.

Thankssssssssss. I am like you. I only listen to samplers on the net. Then i already know if i like it or not, and if i like it i buy it and if not, i just dont care about it. I never downloaded any album but i can understand that some, specialy the young ones with not a lot of money download but the normal thing is to buy too, not only download.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:05 am

I agree. I buy all my cds and have never downloaded anything except free samples. Sometimes I get from a friend a cdr of a band that I'm not familliar with. If it is good, then I buy the original in the store and replace the cdr, if it is not good then the cdr goes to trash.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:33 am

ghost wrote:
I agree. I buy all my cds and have never downloaded anything except free samples. Sometimes I get from a friend a cdr of a band that I'm not familliar with. If it is good, then I buy the original in the store and replace the cdr, if it is not good then the cdr goes to trash.

Thats the way 🤘
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:34 am

I download and buy (but still at least 50% of my purchases conists of albums, which I haven't heard in the past).
Don't like the only-downloading people hehe, although they usually proclaim themselves as true metalheads Smile

On the other hand, mp3s are a really cool invention! I mean, there would be so many bands (for me) left undiscovered, if it wasn't for mp3s. For example, I'm listening to Apollo Ra - Ra Pariah CD which I bought at Keep it True this year. I doubt that I'd ever bought it if I didn't hear the title track mp3 from a friend. Or Leather Nunn, Violator, last Celtic Frost album, Angelus Apatrida, and so on ...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:39 am

I agree, I buy CDs whenever I can. The only stuff I've ever downloaded are 1. Songs that are played on the radio all the time, 2. Songs to introduce me to a band that I don't know anything about, and 3. Songs not found on regular albums (i.e. an Iron Maiden cover of Bohemien Rhapsody). Granted I do buy a lot of used CDs, but the fact is I do buy them. With my current money cut backs I would like to download some songs to sait my appetite for new music (unfortunatly my Windows Vista won't let me download Kaaza or Limewire), but I would never download an entire album, because I will buy it later on down the line (if I like it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:41 am

I buy CDs. However, I still download, especially if it is a rare, out of print album that I can't find anywhere.

However, I often keep MP3s on my computer, even if I purchase the real CD. I often burn CDs for friends, and I also upload a lot of my own CDs to my iPod.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:23 am

Most bands make very very little per disc sold but make up for it t-shirt sales and touring.

I collect Danzig and related stuff and there are always Misfits fans throwing a fit about bootlegs of the early 7" stuff and how they should buy the real thing and support the band. The reality is that those releases have not been made for over 20 years. They were initially sold for $5 new (if not less) so paying $50-A lot of money for the original does not support the band in anyway what so ever, it is putting cash in the sellers pocket not the band.

The same goes for Rare/OOP stuff. This stuff gets closed out to various retailers/vendors at next to nothing and in time the only people who are getting any money off of it are whoever is selling it.

The best way to support a band is to go see them live. Buy a shirt either at the show or from their website. Tell all your friends about them, go on boards like this and talk up the bands you love and hopefully some people will check them out and buy their new album, see them live, buy a shirt, or if none of those, at least keep the buzz up by talking about them in hopes that someone along the line buys something.

Personally I download free music BUT if I like it I buy it when I can (I have about 2000 CDs). If I don't like it I delete it.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 pm

I download and buy cd's but, lately I haven't been able to download or buy cd's because i'm using money to pay for school right now. My cd collection is at home and I lsiten to music on my comp. I have like 30 gbs of unlistened music so thats how I listen to new music daily.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:03 pm

here here a cd is better anyway. i occasionaly download to get a idea of a bands sound but never a full album if i like i will buy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:21 pm

I download, but I buy it if I can. For instance, last night I downloaded three Bigelf albums, but one of them was also ordered the other day. I just wanted to listen to them. I'll also download albums by my favorite bands that'll I'll buy immediately upon release. I also like to try certain albums before I buy. With 5,000+ albums in my collection, I don't feel bad downloading a few before I buy.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 pm

firestar wrote:
Most bands make very very little per disc sold but make up for it t-shirt sales and touring.

I collect Danzig and related stuff and there are always Misfits fans throwing a fit about bootlegs of the early 7" stuff and how they should buy the real thing and support the band. The reality is that those releases have not been made for over 20 years. They were initially sold for $5 new (if not less) so paying $50-A lot of money for the original does not support the band in anyway what so ever, it is putting cash in the sellers pocket not the band.

The same goes for Rare/OOP stuff. This stuff gets closed out to various retailers/vendors at next to nothing and in time the only people who are getting any money off of it are whoever is selling it.

The best way to support a band is to go see them live. Buy a shirt either at the show or from their website. Tell all your friends about them, go on boards like this and talk up the bands you love and hopefully some people will check them out and buy their new album, see them live, buy a shirt, or if none of those, at least keep the buzz up by talking about them in hopes that someone along the line buys something.

Personally I download free music BUT if I like it I buy it when I can (I have about 2000 CDs). If I don't like it I delete it.

Maybe the bands doesnt make a money on cds but record companies, record shops, delivering service, magazine(because adverts) etc...do make money on cds.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:57 pm

I always buy the album.Very rarely download anything.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 4:00 pm

downloading individual songs introduced me to great bands such as kiss , judas priest and voivod and cynic of course so it has advantages in learning some new bands and i know own albums by priest and voivod as a result
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:57 pm

I just cancelled Limewire and uninstalled it from my computer about ten minutes ago. It's a waste. You can't do anything else while it is playing, even if you have a high speed connection like I do. I thought it would be cool to play music and post on the forums but all it ever does is skip like a broken lp from the 50's.

angry
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:01 pm

it is kinda crappy limewire is and you cant download an entire album which can be seen as a good or bad thing
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:03 pm

It's a nice advertising tool, but it doesn't meet my needs as a collector at all for a variety of reasons. I'm not even happy with bootlegs or CDRs, let alone downloads. I gotta have a nice silver disc with artwork and notes, etc., but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:08 pm

I DL cds that are rare or are not yet on cds and those are usuallly ripped from vinyl. But for the most part I buy cds just isn't the same not have the covers front/back/cd and all the liner notes. Limited editions are usually what I buy alot of or those with bonus features. I support alot of bands by buying their cds!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:09 pm

people go on about how downloads will replace cds and i think if they do i will never buy any music cos part of buying the cd is the case and artwork but i will admiy my ipod is very very handy device as is my psp
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:20 pm

Unless a band says go ahead and download for free (i.e. Maiden doesn't seem to have a problem with boots, in fact it's talked about often on the official iron maiden forum), it's stealing, so I don't do it.

My only downloads are ones I buy - not that often, I perfer to have the CD's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Unless a band says go ahead and download for free (i.e. Maiden doesn't seem to have a problem with boots, in fact it's talked about often on the official iron maiden forum), it's stealing, so I don't do it.

My only downloads are ones I buy - not that often, I perfer to have the CD's
That's what confession is for. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:22 pm

krokus wrote:
that never buy cd´s. I am talking about people that download everything and even when they like what they have downloaded, they dont go to the shop and buy the cd. People that dont give a smurf poo about anything, only about them selfs and not seing that little by little they have to close down record shops,etc....only because they think that music is free.
I am not talking about people that download and buy at the same time, but about people that write in forums, OHHH, I LOVE THE NEW HELLOWEEN ALBUM THAT I JUST DOWNLOADES FOR FREE. I AM GOING TO SPEND MY MONEY ON SOME NEW SUNGLASSES BY CHANEL.
You can buy your sunglasses, i dont give a smurf poo but IF YOU LIKED THE NEW HELLOWEEN, SPEND YOUR MONEY ON A CD, F UCKERSSSSSSSSS . They worked hard to make it possible.
laughing

I couldn't agree more brother!!! I hate that too! Made me laugh the way you put that. People like this are not true music fans at all. They are posers. Plain and simple.

Happy
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:26 pm

blackieboy wrote:
krokus wrote:
laughing

I couldn't agree more brother!!! I hate that too! Made me laugh the way you put that. People like this are not true music fans at all. They are posers. Plain and simple.

Happy

WELL SAID!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I get sick of people.....   I get sick of people..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I get sick of people.....
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next