Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you are just sick of

Go down 
+21
manny
Gilbert
jstate
James B.
Addy
Leatherface
jettafiend
Wurthless
adrian
sidmaximus
Temple of Blood
stepcousin
DallasBlack
ShadowAngel
The_Jayroh
metalhead777
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Albums you are just sick of Empty
PostSubject: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:16 am

Albums you played to death and are sick of them...

Guns n Roses...appetite for destruction
Led Zeppelin....4
Crashdiet....The Unattractive Revolution
Krokus...One Vice at a time
Black Sabbath...Paranoid

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am

Metallica's "black album" was the first one that popped into my mind. Probably a few others too if I give it a little thought.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:32 am

Not the whole album, but Judas Priest - British Steel. I love the album but Livin' After Midnight and Breaking the Law get skipped.

In general, if I get tired of an album I put it away for months, years, whatever, and revisit it later. Usually I'll dig it all over again. I put on Metallica's Kill 'Em All while doing cardio the other day and it really sounded fantastic. Had not heard it in a long time.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 am

Quote :
In general, if I get tired of an album I put it away for months, years, whatever, and revisit it later. Usually I'll dig it all over again. I put on Metallica's Kill 'Em All while doing cardio the other day and it really sounded fantastic. Had not heard it in a long time.

That's generally how I feel too.

Usually the problem for me isn't whole albums, it's just particular songs. Radio killed many a good tune. And for me personally, working in a sports arena has been especially brutal on songs like 'Rock You Like a Hurricane', 'Enter Sandman', 'Welcome to the Jungle', 'Kickstart My Heart', etc.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metallica's "black album" was the first one that popped into my mind.

Ditto.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Number of the Beast.... Alright, not "sick" of, but, you know... I don't have the NEED to play it very much...
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Every album by Strapping Young Lad. It was almost all I listened to back in 09.
Dimmu Borgir for the same reason in 2010.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:21 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Every album by Strapping Young Lad. It was almost all I listened to back in 09.
Dimmu Borgir for the same reason in 2010.

I had to have played their song "Love" over a million times in the month or so I first found out about them.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metallica's "black album" was the first one that popped into my mind.
This.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 pm

So far i never got sick of any album, even though i play the smurf poo out of AFD, Powerslave, Operation Mindcrime, Gutter Ballet or Made in Japan. Those albums are so good, they are always a joy to listen to

The only albums i get sick are those my ears are getting tired of, all those loudness war casualties and other production mistakes. Albums like Vapor Trails from Rush, Volume 1 from Hellfueled, Death Magnetic from Metallica, i can't listen to them, even though they're good albums.

And i have always the right music for the right occasion. So i know when i want to listen to progressive rock and metal, i know when i want to listen to some heavy metal and right now i'm drinking a lot of whiskey and what's better than some fine sleaze rock mixed with southern rock (somehouse lynyrd skynyrd always makes me thirsty lol! ) and i manage to do that with some abstinence (not listening to an album for 2 weeks helps a lot, after that time i just crave to listen to the songs. Musik really is a drug)

In the end it's just the same like watching movies or video games. Watch the same movie for 5 days, you get sick of it. Don't watch it for months and you wanna see it again. Video Games are the same, even though older games are simple, i still play Sonic, Alex Kidd, Super Mario, Mad TV or Monkey Island every year, because i love those games. It would be different if i would play them every day.

I think that is what makes Radio uninteresting, they have their playlist, they repeat the songs every day, play the same songs 6 times a week. It gets boring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 pm

I haven't gotten sick of any of the CDs I have. If I feel that I've listened to an album too much, I put it away and visit it later. That's the great think about having a big (nowhere near as big as some of the posters around here) music library.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Anthrax. They just don't do anything for me anymore, except maybe Fistful Of Metal. Maybe it's just Joey I'm sick of, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

"Mater of Puppets"!
Back to top Go down
sidmaximus
Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Metallica, dude, .. Metallica!

I played their stuffs from Kill Em' All up to AJFA all day long when I was on high school with my sony walkman cd player lol.

I'm getting sick and tired of Morbid Angel too.. Covenant, covenant and covenant. The first time I heard that stuff, I was like blown 1 mile away but now it's doesn't work for me anymore although the album is a death metal masterpiece.. well.. that's life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Honestly...with some exceptions...a large percentage of what I listened to from 1984 to 1997 or thereabouts.

Last edited by S.D. on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Definitely agree with British Steel, I like the album but I never feel a need to listen to it because I've heard it so much.

I burned myself out on Children of Bodom's Something Wild because for a while I was listening to it several times a week.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Everything Maiden from 82-88. Those were some of the first CD's I bought, and I hardly ever feel the need to listen to them anymore.

Also, I've really burnt myself out on Vicious Rumors' Welcome to the Ball, I listened to that one non-stop for months after I bought it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:03 am

Wurthless wrote:
Everything Maiden from 82-88. Those were some of the first CD's I bought, and I hardly ever feel the need to listen to them anymore.

Also, I've really burnt myself out on Vicious Rumors' Welcome to the Ball, I listened to that one non-stop for months after I bought it.

You'll probably get over both of those quickly. Take a break for a year or so and you'll want to hear them again.

Hell, I had to stop listening to Led Zeppelin for almost a decade because I was so burnt out on them, but now I could listen to almost any of their albums again (Zep II is the only remaining casualty from burn out).

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 am

S.D. wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

You'll probably get over both of those quickly. Take a break for a year or so and you'll want to hear them again.

That's probably the case. I still really enjoy those albums, but they're just so ingrained into my mind that I don't need to constantly listen to them anymore.

The same happened with Fragile and Close to the Edge out of Yes' discography.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 am

Motley Crue - DR Feelgood
Stryper - THWTD
AC/DC - Back in Black
Petra - Beyond Belief

I still spin the Stryper and Petra every so often, but I have owned them on some format or another since Junior High. I have not listened to that Crue or AC/DC album in a long while and I am not quite missing them yet.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 am

I can't really think of any. There are some movies I've seen so many times I'm nearly sick of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:27 am

ultmetal wrote:
Not the whole album, but Judas Priest - British Steel. I love the album but Livin' After Midnight and Breaking the Law get skipped.

Thats how I feel about Stone Temple Pilots' "Purple" I like the album but Interstate Love Song and Vasoline get skipped.

As for Metal albums I am sick of........ Id have to say mostly anything by metallica, I get sick of certain songs pretty quick and can listen to them in small doses
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:54 am

For me it is more of a song thing than an album thing. Like others have stated, if it strats to wear thin, park that baby in the garage for a while and take it for a cruise later on.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 am

Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

I just way OD'd on it back in the day and have never really re-found my love for it. Even as nostalgia.

I used to be sick of the first four Metallica records but having recently upgraded my worn copies and giving them a fresh listen I have to say I have re-found my love for those albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 am

Most of the DEF LEPPARD, GNR, SONATA ARCTICA, SEPULTURA and IRON MAIDEN catalogues.

Not because i hate the albums, but simply because i got bored of them.

They are just there to fill my collection.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am

jstate wrote:
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

I just way OD'd on it back in the day and have never really re-found my love for it. Even as nostalgia.

Yea, that's a good one too. Played it to death back in the day, but haven't spun it in who knows how long. Funny thing is, I could pop it in today and still sing right along with every lyric.

PostSubject: Re: Albums you are just sick of   Albums you are just sick of Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you are just sick of
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next