Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 8:37 pm

L7 :Pretend We're Dead documentary.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 9:16 am

Two more episodes of old school "Battlestar Galactica" from '78 -- "The Lost Warrior" and "The Long Patrol"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 6:07 am

Walker

Paranormal Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 8:11 am

"Die Hard" (1988)

Last night my video game crazed 13 year old son asked me out of the blue "Dad, can we watch 'Die Hard'?" - apparently John McClane has been added to "Call of Duty" as a playable character, and since he'd never seen the movie, he wanted to find out what all the fuss was about.
...so naturally I said, "Of course we can watch Die Hard!" - and he loved it. Last week it was "Star Wars," now "DH." I am honored to be schoolin' the boy in the classics. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 9:44 am

"Rush: Time Stand Still" (2016)

The legendary band looks back on their 40 year career and their relationship with their devoted fan base as they embark on their "R40" tour, which eventually winds down to their last show ever, at the L.A. Forum. A very cool behind-the-scenes documentary that might even make you tear up a little.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 1:35 pm

Doctor Who - Day of the Daleks

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 2:12 pm

Dan Cummins "Get Outta Here Devil!" stand up special
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Ohio Valley Wrestling
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 3:14 pm

"Rage" (aka "Tokarev," 2014)

Nicolas Cage is a former Mob leg breaker who's gotten "out of the business" and gone legit... until his daughter is kidnapped and murdered, prompting him to re-assemble his old "team" and set off on a mission of vengeance.
The bursts of ultra-violence are fun to watch but otherwise this movie is a cheap re-hash of the "Taken" films. For Cage completists only.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 6:18 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 9:23 am

"The Kids Are Alright" (1979)

The Who's first fifteen years (give or take) are celebrated in this collection of vintage live footage, TV appearances, and interviews that shows the boys in all their loud n proud, hard rockin', guitar smashin' glory.
Though it's considered a "documentary," "The Kids are Alright" is more of a "highlight reel," because there's no narration or "story" -- just a series of clips from such legendary performances as the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, Woodstock (which Townshend says he "hated"), the Isle of Wight Festival, and many more. Sadly, this would be the last Who project to involve Keith Moon, who passed away while the film was being edited.
I wasn't around to witness the Who's rise to power in the '60s but based on the smokin' live clips displayed here, they were a force to be reckoned with.

"31" (2016)

On Halloween night in 1976, a "family" of carnival workers are captured by a gang of clowns who force them to participate in a horrific game called "31," where they are given twelve hours to navigate their way thru a maze-like abandoned factory and avoid being slaughtered by a variety of costumed psychos.
Rob Zombie wrote and directed this loud, gory, grimy mash up of "Texas Chainsaw" and "The Running Man," which started off promising enough, but it ran out of gas long before the end. I dig RZ's cool/bizarre visual style, but there's nothing new here, he's just spinning his wheels in the same redneck-horror rut that he's been in since he started making movies. Skip this one.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon May 24, 2021 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 10:38 am

I love the fucking Who and thou I did not see them live til 1989 (disappointing) and than in 1994 ( they fucking killed it!!!!!!!) seeing them live even after their glory days was an incredible experience
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 7:54 am

"Behind the Mask: The Batman Dead End Story" (2015)

An interesting documentary about Sandy Collora, the special effects artist and director whose 2003 Batman fan film "Dead End" (in which the Batman faced off against Aliens and Predators) was a hit at Comic-Con and became a viral video sensation... but ultimately failed to launch Collora's Hollywood directing career, which was the goal.  
The behind-the-scenes footage from the making of "Dead End" is fun to watch (these guys put an *amazing* amount of work into an 8-minute short!), but while he's obviously a talented, creative guy, Collora comes off as abrasive and quite full of himself, which might explain why Hollywood hasn't been blowing up his phone with movie offers.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 10:13 am

A History of Violence
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 9:36 pm

"The Sound" (2017)

A reporter/blogger (Rose McGowan) who specializes in debunking supernatural phenomenon is summoned to an abandoned Toronto subway station, which is supposedly haunted by the spirit of an asylum escapee who committed suicide there 30 years ago.
...so Rose stumbles around the same dimly lit sets with a flashlight for a while, she sees a bunch of weird shit involving a ghostly girl and Christopher Lloyd, and just when it seems like the movie might be building to some sort of big payoff, it doesn't - it just kinda ends with a "pffffft."
Even my lingering crush on Rose from her "Charmed"/"Jawbreaker"/"Planet Terror" days couldn't save this dull, irritating horror cheapie.
AVOID.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 26, 2021 3:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 1:48 pm

Twilight Zone - "The Invaders"

"Race of giants!  Repeat!  Race of giants!"

To me that line is almost is iconic in the Twilight Zone pantheon as "It's a cookbook!"

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 10:48 pm

The Cardinals played this afternoon and AEW was pushed to Friday night because of the NBA playoffs so tonight I watched:

Kong: Skull Island

Third time I've seen this film and it gets better each time.  Samuel L. Jackson's character is so over the top and there are lots of creepy monsters besides the titular character who looks better than he's ever looked on screen.  And the post-credits prelude of what's to come is even better now that 4 years have passed and we've all seen where this franchise was headed.  The studio had this all mapped out from Day 1 but there were always rumors that the "sequels" would not happen if sales for the movies were poor. 

I have yet to see the latest in the series "Godzilla vs Kong" so are there any post-credit "hints" in that one?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 5:13 am

tohostudios wrote:

I have yet to see the latest in the series "Godzilla vs Kong" so are there any post-credit "hints" in that one?

There is not. Apparently one was filmed but it ended up in the actual movie itself. Plus, I guess the future of the franchise is up in the air for now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 6:19 am

The Funeral Home (2020)

An undertaker and his dysfunctional family living in their funeral home accept the supernatural entities cohabiting with them, until a more malevolent force makes it's presence known. A rather dull slow moving film that I struggled to stay awake through.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 9:22 am

"To Hell and Back: The Kane Hodder Story" (2017)

Documentary about the stunt man, actor, and horror icon who's best known for playing Jason in four "Friday the 13th" films, and whose resume also includes movies like "House," "Hatchet," the Oscar-winning "Monster" with Charlize Theron (!), and many more.
The most interesting part of the film may be the story of how Kane's career nearly ended before it began: when he was just starting out in the late 70s, a fire stunt went wrong and caused 3rd degree burns over much of his body that put him in the hospital for almost six months. The story of his recovery (both physical and mental) from that experience provides the dramatic centerpiece of this film, but fear not, horror nerds, there are also plenty of of gory, clips from his films, testimonials from co-stars and friends like Robert Englund, Danielle Harris, Bill Mosely, Felissa Rose and Bruce Campbell, and scenes of Kane interacting with fans at horror conventions. Kane seems like a cool dude and this movie is an enjoyable portrait.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 5:27 pm

Rope directed by Alfred Hitchcock
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 12:54 am

Rush Time Stand Still. A documentary about the band's last tour.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 6:17 am

Paranormal Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Meet The Creeps Vol. 2
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 9:56 pm

"The Empire Strikes Back" (1980)

After a massive defeat at the Empire's hands on the planet Hoth, our heroes are forced to split up -- Luke heads to Dagobah to study under Jedi Master Yoda, while Han and Leia hide out with Han's friend Lando in Cloud City. Naturally, Darth Vader and the Empire are never far behind. This is my favorite film of the original "Star Wars" trilogy, and my 13 year old son, who was watching it for the first time, loved it -- every few minutes he was saying "That is so cool! That is really cool! This is SO F**KING COOL!" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 18 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 36  Next