Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 10:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Empire Strikes Back" (1980)

After a massive defeat at the Empire's hands on the planet Hoth, our heroes are forced to split up -- Luke heads to Dagobah to study under Jedi Master Yoda, while Han and Leia hide out with Han's friend Lando in Cloud City. Naturally, Darth Vader and the Empire are never far behind. This is my favorite film of the original "Star Wars" trilogy, and my 13 year old son, who was watching it for the first time, loved it -- every few minutes he was saying "That is so cool! That is really cool! This is SO F**KING COOL!" Very Happy

It's my favorite Star Wars film as well. And, it's the first appearance of my favorite Star Wars character, Boba Fett.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Dan Cummins "Don't Wake The Bear" stand up show
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Skull : The Mask (2020)

An ancient cursed mask is excavated from an archaeological dig in the Amazon, where it takes over a person who then goes on a ritualistic killing spree, while a corrupt cop tries to get to the bottom of the killings. Plenty of blood and gore in this splatterfest.

Black Roses (1988)

Unintentionally funny horror film around a demonic metal band called Black Roses corrupting the youth of a small town after their concerts. Worth the watch just for the soundtrack, including Lizzy Borden and King Kobra, along with some tunes by Black Roses, and seeing Carmine Appice as the drummer of Black Roses, Vic Apache.

The Unforgiven (1992)

Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman star as two aging outlaws coming out of retirement to collect on a bounty on two men responsible for the maiming of a prostitute in a small town in Wyoming. This is a really good movie that I had never seen before.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 10:48 pm

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (2019)

I still hate the entire plot to this movie but there is no denying how great the creature FX are.  None of these monsters has ever looked better on-screen especially Rodan, he's spectacular here.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 11:59 pm

The plot never bothered me in that. It's a fun movie with great creature fx.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 10:42 am

Kolchak: The Night Stalker - The Knightly Murders episode
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 12:11 pm

I remember that Kolchak as one of the more ludicrous episodes.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 12:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I remember that Kolchak as one of the more ludicrous episodes.

Yeah, the series petered out towards the end.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 2:03 pm

Ohio Valley Wrestling
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Where do you get that Leatherface?  I'd watch that if I got it but I don't think I do.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 9:59 pm

Queen - Live At The Rainbow 1974

This show was recorded on the band's Sheer Heart Attack tour and it's simply great.  Freddie Mercury is simply the greatest frontman who has ever or will ever live.  The voice, the showmanship, the talent... we'll never see that combination again.  David Lee Roth is close but he's not nearly as versatile and doesn't play piano as far as I know.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 11:01 pm

"Zombieland: Double Tap" (2019)

It's ten years after the first "Zombieland," and Wichita, Columbus, and Tallahassee must hit the road again to find their friend Little Rock, who's run off to a non-violent hippie commune called "Babylon" and rescue her before she, and the rest of the inhabitants, become Zombie Chow. Lots of ultra violent mayhem ensues. Just as much fun as the first flick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 7:33 am

"Truck Turner" (1974)

Classic blaxploitation flick stars Isaac Hayes as Mack "Truck" Turner, the baddest bounty hunter in L.A. When Truck kills a pimp during a shoot out, the man's grieving widow/madam (a totally badass Nichelle "Star Trek" Nichols) puts a price on his head, and soon he's being targeted by every bad guy in town.

"Truck Turner" has plenty of butt kicking action, lots of pretty girls, and a seriously funky soundtrack (also by Hayes), but the movie is worth seeing just for the famed "pimp funeral" scene, which is, quite frankly, one of the greatest things ever committed to celluloid. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 4:53 pm

"Die Hard 2" (1990)

John McClane is "up to his ass in terrorists" again at Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C., where a rogue military force has taken control of all air traffic in order to free a political prisoner. John's wife Holly is in one of the airliners in danger of running out of fuel and crashing, so of course he has to step in and show the airport cops how to handle the situation.
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like this one better than the original "Die Hard."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 5:07 pm

Twilight Zone - "Mr Dingle, The Strong"

This is one of the sillier episodes of Twilight Zone although it's memorable for having both Burgess Meredith and Don Rickles in it. Yes, Don Rickles! Is there anyone from the 50s who wasn't in a Twilight Zone episode?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 6:11 am

And Now The Screaming Starts! (1973)

A newlywed couple move into the man's family castle and soon become affected by curse on the family, haunted by a severed hand and an eye less spectre. Pretty good atmospheric film by Amicus, known mainly for horror anthology films of the late 60s and early 70s.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 10:39 pm

"The Terry Kath Experience" (2016)

Documentary about the life and career of Terry Kath, the original lead guitarist of Chicago, who died tragically in 1978. What makes this movie particularly poignant is that it was directed by his daughter, who was only two years old when he died... so while we're learning about her father, so is she, through vintage films and photos and present day interviews with Terry's bandmates, family members, and famous friends.
I'm not even much of a Chicago fan, but this doc sucked me right in and kept my attention all the way through. Good stuff with an emotional punch.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 6:19 am

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

Wes Craven classic about a vacationing family stranded in the Nevada desert and subsequently hunted/attacked by a cannibalistic murderous mutant family. A rather simplistic story, but effective, although the ending is rather abrupt and leaves you hanging.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 9:45 am

The Iron Giant

an episode of season 3 of Friends and season 9 of Law and Order: Criminal Intent
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 11:17 am

tohostudios wrote:
Where do you get that Leatherface?  I'd watch that if I got it but I don't think I do.
Toho, I watch it on a local CBS affiliate (WYMT). It only started airing about a month ago. It also airs on CW where I live too.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 6:10 am

Army Of The Dead (2021)

After a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, the city becomes a walled in quarantine zone (all shown in the first 10 minutes). Dave "Drax the Destroyer" Bautista stars as a former soldier recruited to draw together a team to heist $200 million in a vault beneath the Strip and it must be done before the city is nuked within 4 days. I was a bit skeptical going into this seeing it was a Zack Snyder film (not a big fan), but it was better than I had expected.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 6:13 am

Paranormal Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 1:19 am

Scorpions "Forever And A Day" . Pretty good documentary on what was supposed to be the band's final tour.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 11:12 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next