Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 6:21 am

Started watching Banshee
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 7:03 pm

I've started watching "It".

So far it's as good as I was led to believe it was and I soooo want the bully kid to get ripped apart by Pennywise.  

I'm watching this mainly because it will make me appreciate the "cat shirt" I wear that garners the most comments:

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 M_98749-1526061505468-Gildan-Men-Navy-Blue-_w92_-front

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 7:04 am

Watched a documentary on the Flash Gordon movie called "Life After Flash" on Amazon Prime. Pretty decent doc. I had heard the used a voice actor on some of Sam Jones's lines. They talk about how they took a break for Christmas and then when filming resumed Jones didn't show up so they had to use a stunt double and used a voice actor. They originally planned to make 3 Flash movies and we're going to recast someone else to play Flash but after it did poorly in the US the plans were scrapped. I've always loved that movie!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 12:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
I've started watching "It".

So far it's as good as I was led to believe it was and I soooo want the bully kid to get ripped apart by Pennywise.  

I'm watching this mainly because it will make me appreciate the "cat shirt" I wear that garners the most comments:

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 M_98749-1526061505468-Gildan-Men-Navy-Blue-_w92_-front

The first one was fantastic! Chapter II, quite a bit less so. It was enjoyable, but doesn't come CLOSE to the first one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2021 2:22 am

Altered(2006)-a group of friends while hunting are abducted by aliens, resulting in the death of one of them. Fifteen years later, driven by revenge, the friends manage to trap one of the aliens. They take it to the home of one of the friends who was abducted, who seems to have been altered in some ways by the aliens and seems to be linked to them now mentally. An okay little film, I guess. I was expecting to like it a little more though. 2/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 3:50 pm

"Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren & Stimpy Story" (2020)

An enlightening (yet somewhat depressing) documentary about the hit '90s Nicktoon and its obsessive weirdo creator, John Kricfalusi (aka "John K"), whose tyrannical control freak habits made for a hellish work environment behind the scenes, and eventually got him fired from Nickelodeon.
"R & S" still has a cult following today, but unfortunately the show's reputation has been even further tarnished by recent revelations about John K's abusive relationship with an underage intern. I guess that's why we don't see "Ren & Stimpy" reruns on TV anymore. (sigh)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Finished "It" on the elliptical today.

After a fantastic opening sequence I thought the rest of the film was flat.  It didn't seem to gel very well; it was like a string of loosely connected vignettes.  And the "every 27 years" thing seems totally random.  I also found some of the kids annoying, like the kid who keeps cracking jokes and dropping F bombs at every opportunity.  I mean at one point he says "Jesus F----".  I've never even heard that combination before.  WTH is that? 

And now I have "It - Chapter 2" to watch and people who love "It" don't care for the sequel so I'm guess I'm in for a slog.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm

"Solo: A Star Wars Story" (2018)

Young Alden Ehrenreich steps into the role made famous by Harrison Ford in this "secret origin" story of the iconic character. The film goes back to Han's youth as a small time thief and hustler and follows him as he joins a criminal crew for a dangerous interplanetary adventure. Along the way we see him meet Chewbacca and Lando for the first time and take possession of the famed Millennium Falcon.
...this was my second viewing of "Solo" and I thought it was tons of fun. Unfortunately its mediocre box office returns killed Disney/Lucasfilm's plans for an series of stand-alone "Star Wars Story" adventures, which is a bummer, cuz I would have liked to see more of them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 6:42 am

Superboy season 3 and Losin' it
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 12:01 pm

"Demonia" (1990)

A lady archaeologist pokes around the ruins of a remote Sicilian monastery and re-awakens the pissed off spirits of some Satanic nuns (?) who were murdered by villagers in the Middle Ages. Needless to say, this does not end well for anyone.

This late-career entry from Italian gore maven Lucio "Zombie" Fulci takes a while to kick into gear - the first half is a slog, but it more than makes up for it in the gloriously bats**t crazy second half, which is packed with wall to wall weirdness, sleaze (Satanic nun orgy!) and gore (Eye gouging, tongue impalement, crucifixions, and on and on...).

I'm a Lucio fan boy so I'll watch just about any damn thing with his name on it, but of course your mileage may vary depending on your tolerance for awkwardly paced, woodenly acted, poorly dubbed Italian splatter flicks.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Because I couldn't find anything to watch on TV last night I decided to watch "It" again straight through to see if maybe I only thought it was disjointed because I watched it in stages on the elliptical.  Nope, still seems disjointed even watching it in a single sitting.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 10:21 pm

I just watched the new Family Guy episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 pm

Me too.

I was with it until the ending; that made zero sense.  I liked the Terminator stuff though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 6:07 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:22 am

Cowboys vs Aliens
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 6:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Because I couldn't find anything to watch on TV last night I decided to watch "It" again straight through to see if maybe I only thought it was disjointed because I watched it in stages on the elliptical.  Nope, still seems disjointed even watching it in a single sitting.

I think it probably feels disjointed because, in the book, those years are handled through flashback and memory sequences. I'm guessing they just expected the audience to understand that, and did away with their adult selves until the 2nd movie. Expedience sake, smart move I guess. Story-telling wise? yah....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 6:18 am

Finished the first season of Banshee
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 6:45 am

Yesterday 'The Exorcist' and a few episodes of 'Superboy' season 3
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 10:02 pm

I watched an episode of The Simpsons tonight, "Krusty Gets Busted".

Hands down, the best episode of the first season of The Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 6:06 am

Started the second season of Banshee
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm

"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" (2016)

The daughter of the Empire's chief weapons designer helps the Rebel Alliance steal the plans for the Death Star in this "Star Wars" spin-off/prequel which takes place immediately prior to the events in the original 1977 film. Essentially it's a good ole fashioned war movie (think "The Dirty Dozen") dressed up in "Star Wars" clothing but it's tons of action packed fun. This is definitely my favorite of the "new" Star Wars films, it's held up very well to repeated viewings.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 4:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The daughter of the Empire's chief weapons designer helps the Rebel Alliance steal the plans for the Death Star in this "Star Wars" spin-off/prequel which takes place immediately prior to the events in the original 1977 film. Essentially it's a good ole fashioned war movie (think "The Dirty Dozen") dressed up in "Star Wars" clothing but it's tons of action packed fun. This is definitely my favorite of the "new" Star Wars films, it's held up very well to repeated viewings.

the final 30 minutes for Rogue One is awesome!

Today for me:

Babylon 5 - Season 2 (about halfway through)

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 9:48 pm

"White Riot" (2019)

A documentary about Britain's Rock Against Racism organization, which formed in the late 70s to combat the rise of the white-supremacist National Front political party. Getting their message out with a combination of activism and music from the punk and reggae scenes, the Rock Against Racism story culminates with a massive 1978 concert in London that featured the Clash, Steel Pulse, Sham 69, and X-Ray Spex in front of 80,000 people. An interesting doc covering a period of the punk movement that I knew very little about. Worth a look, especially if you're a fan of any of the artists mentioned.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 10:27 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

the final 30 minutes for Rogue One is awesome!

Today for me:

Babylon 5 - Season 2 (about halfway through)

B5 takes off from there.

It took about a season and a half for the show to find its footing but once it did it became one of my favorite TV sci fi shows.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 10 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 36  Next