Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 6:40 pm

Twilight Zone Season 1 - "The Mighty Casey"

This episode about a robot pitcher propelling a lowly National League team into contention before the league discovers his true origins is super cheesy but the performance of Jack Warden makes the whole thing not only tolerable but actually enjoyable. Not a classic by any means but a fun episode out of leftfield (pun intended).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 9:16 pm

"The People vs. George Lucas" (2010)

This documentary examines the often complicated relationship between "Star Wars" creator George Lucas and his fans, who are very vocal with their displeasure about how their beloved saga has been handled over the years. Interviews with bloggers, film critics, and nerds of all stripes mix with vintage "Star Wars" related film clips and excerpts from various fan films, some of which are quite elaborate (and often hilarious).
This movie was made prior to Lucas selling out to Disney and the arrival of the most recent wave of "Star Wars" films; it would be interesting to find out what some of this doc's participants think of them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 5:59 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 10:48 am

"I'm Too Old For This Sh*t: A Heavy Metal Fairy Tale" (2021)

A documentary about the reunion of the long-forgotten Florida metal band SIREN, who broke up in 1986. The guys haven't played together or even spoken to each other since then, but they pick up right where they left off when they get an offer to gig at Germany's Keep It True Festival.
Unlike a lot of metal docs, there's no behind-the-scenes drama, arguing, drugs/alcohol or other "issues" for the Siren guys to overcome -- they're just a bunch of regular joes, and we just get to ride along with them as they finally get to live their dream of playing for their loyal European fans. A fun dreams-come-true story.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 7:56 pm

Watched a weird episode of Twilight Zone written by Richard Matheson called "A World Of His Own".

It's an oddly romantic entry in the series; it features a playwright (played by Keenan Wynn) who can bring his characters to life simply by describing them in detail to his tape recorder.

I don't remember this episode at all and it's not really bad but it's just really off the beaten Twilight Zone path. And it features a cameo "acting" appearance by Rod Serling himself which alone makes it a noteworthy episode. Not one of my favorites but it certainly wasn't bad.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 6:30 am

Frankenhooker (1990)

Tongue in cheek movie about a New Jersey electrician/mad scientist who is intent on rebuilding his dead girlfriend after a lawn mower mishap. He rivers to do this using body parts from New York City hookers (played mostly by adult magazine models). Very bizarre film that sort of reminds of Peter Jackson's Dead Alive (at least in tone) but nowhere near as good.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 8:51 am

Invictus and today 'Misfits', Marilyn Monroe's final film
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 10:17 am

007 wrote:
Frankenhooker (1990)

Tongue in cheek movie about a New Jersey electrician/mad scientist who is intent on rebuilding his dead girlfriend after a lawn mower mishap. He rivers to do this using body parts from New York City hookers (played mostly by adult magazine models). Very bizarre film that sort of reminds of Peter Jackson's Dead Alive (at least in tone) but nowhere near as good.

I've never seen this, but I remember seeing the gimmicky VHS box on the shelf of every video store... it said "WANNA DATE?" when you pushed a button. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Frankenhooker is OK but I like Henenlotter's other work better. Brain Damage, all the Basket Case movies and maybe even Bad Biology. Frankenhooker is just too silly. It's a great song by The 69 Eyes though.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4597

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Took the young fella on the weekend:

Mortal Kombat

The Aussie bloke that plays Kano knocks it out of the bloody park! lol! my son and I had a great time Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18834

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 2:41 am

Earth Vs. the Spider(2001)-a lonely, comic book obsessed security guard is working at a research lab where they are experimenting on spiders for a new serum their working on for the government. When two thugs try to rob the lab, his partner is killed and he is fired for it. Not wanting to be pushed around anymore and inspired by his favorite superhero The Arachnid Avenger, he takes the serum, wanting to become a superhero himself. He changes, but not quite into what he was hoping for while a police detective tries to find out who is behind it. Basically a low budget ripoff of The Fly, this is an okay little film, with the special effects and acting being kind of a mixed bag, but not the worst. An okay time water. 2.5/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 9:49 pm

"Henry Rollins: Keep Talking, Pal" (2018)

The former Black Flag frontman tells stories about weird shows he's played in the past, his unlikely friendship with RuPaul (!) the time he met David Bowie, and opening for Ozzy Osbourne in this very funny Showtime special recorded in Portland.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 12:24 am

A Band Called Death on the black punk group Death from the 70's.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 6:10 am

Walker

Paranormal Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 11:04 am

"AC/DC: The Bon Scott Years" (2005)
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 012233530209
Yet another one of those "semi-official" documentary videos, with the usual bunch of British rock critics and industry types sharing their thoughts on the early AC/DC catalog. There's nothing here that long time fans won't already know, of course, but there are lots of vintage footage of early concert and live TV appearances to keep things interesting.

"Trespass" (1992)

Two country boys (Bill Paxton and William Sadler) searching the ruins of an abandoned East St.Louis factory building for a stash of treasure cross paths with a crew of gangstas (led by Ice-T) who use the site to take care of "business," and they don't like witnesses.
An underrated, claustrophobic urban action flick (directed by Walter Hill of "48 HRS," and "The Warriors" fame) is a bit of a forgotten gem, thanks to its great cast, cool setting, and the amount of ultra violence.
Fun fact: the movie's title was supposed to be "Looters," but it was changed after the L.A. riots, which took place shortly before the film's intended release date.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Watched Justice League last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 2:32 pm

Today I watched one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, "The Howling Man".  On a walking trip around Europe a man becomes lost in a storm and ends up at a monastery where a group of seemingly insane monks are holding a "man" prisoner.  This episode stars John Carradine as the leader of the monks.

Last edited by tohostudios on Sat May 15, 2021 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Doctor Who - The Armageddon Factor

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18834

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Ohio Valley Wrestling
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 2:34 pm

Twilight Zone - "Eye Of The Beholder"

Yet another classic episode.  Even though we've all seen this a million times (it's always in TZ marathons), the way in which the episode is shot is still fascinating.  It reminds me of the way the show "Home Improvement" kept coming up with ways to hide Wilson's face.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 3:13 pm

"We Are Twisted F***ing Sister!" (2014)

The members of Twisted Sister recall their decade-long struggle to escape from the New York/New Jersey club circuit and snag that ever elusive record deal, in this very entertaining documentary full of funny stories, classic clips and interviews. Essential viewing for all S.M.F.'s.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 8:31 pm

"Proud Mary" (2018)

A tough-as-nails hit woman for a Boston crime family (Taraji P. Henson of "Empire") has unexpected maternal feelings for a young boy who was left orphaned by one of her previous "jobs." Naturally, this relationship ends up putting them both in danger from a variety of very bad people.
"Mary" is basically a 21st century update of the oldie "Gloria" with Gena Rowlands (which was remade in the late 90s with Sharon Stone), with a little bit of "Coffy" or "Foxy Brown" attitude for good measure. Not a must-see, but a decent enough butt kicker.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 6:29 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 11:00 am

"Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007" (2012)

The history of the James Bond film franchise is told by cast members, producers, and famous fans (including former President Bill Clinton!) in this thorough documentary created to celebrate the release of "Skyfall" and the franchise's 50th anniversary. Loaded with tons of fantastic vintage film clips, photos, and nerd trivia for 007 fanboys.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 11:00 am

Doomed! The untold Story of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four

The story behind the movie that was never released. The urban legend was that it was made just to retain the rights and never intended to be released. That's just part of it. This doc goes a little deeper into that story and more. It's worth a watch. Free on Tubi for those interested.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 17 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next