Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"

Go down 
+10
kmorg
Louder
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
Required Fields
Troublezone
iamrockerfun
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:50 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Were the songs spawned from that show any good?

I have heard worse.

Check them out.....

http://www.myspace.com/damnocracy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Not bad for a throw together....

Kind of a dirty, groovy sound. Just good Rock & Roll...

Are there plans to do a full nicely produced album?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:48 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Not bad for a throw together....

Kind of a dirty, groovy sound. Just good Rock & Roll...

Are there plans to do a full nicely produced album?

I think the original idea was that they were supposed to come up with enough tunes for an album, but it didn't quite pan out. I suppose actual song writing would've gotten in the way of all the drama. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 am

...and I'm sure money was another hurdle......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Yeah, I don't like many 'reality' shows, but I was pretty addicted to Supergroup.

The only negative aspect of the show for me - was that now I look at Sebastian Bach with a whole lot less respect than I used to. The dude's a drama queen for crying out loud.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:15 pm

blackieboy wrote:

The only negative aspect of the show for me - was that now I look at Sebastian Bach with a whole lot less respect than I used to. The dude's a drama queen for crying out loud.

I wish I had the episode where they were trying to come up with a name for the band on tape, because I had a great idea for a drinking game during that one. Every time Sebastian yelled "SAAAA-VAGE ANIMAL!" you have to drink. He said it SO many times during the arguments over band names that I think you'd probably be smashed outta your mind by the ten minute mark. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

I wish I had the episode where they were trying to come up with a name for the band on tape, because I had a great idea for a drinking game during that one. Every time Sebastian yelled "SAAAA-VAGE ANIMAL!" you have to drink. He said it SO many times during the arguments over band names that I think you'd probably be smashed outta your mind by the ten minute mark. Smile

laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:10 am

Well, "Gone Country" premiered this past weekend on CMT... and of course, I watched it because I'm a TV addict with nothing better to do. It was actually pretty funny. Of course, Dee Snider was his usual loudmouth self, the show's host, John Rich (one half of the country/rock duo Big & Rich) actually looked offended when Dee told him point blank "I don't like country music." Rich was like "Well then what are you DOING here?" and Dee was like "Just wanted to try something new. I never planned for anything past age 30 so I'm open." Haha.

Dee also flipped out towards the end of the episode because there was no coffee in the house where he and the other contestants are staying and he was in the midst of major caffeine withdrawal. ("I'm a New Yorker, I live on 6 double espressos a day! You want my "A" game? GET ME SOME F**KIN COFFEE!" haha)

I think the other contestants are actually afraid of him!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 6:14 pm

So "Gone Country" is a done deal. Dee Snider didn't win the competition (Julio Iglesias Jr. did), which is probably just as well.

Here's a clip of Dee performing his original song "A Long Long Time Ago" at a Nashville theatre on the final episode of the show. Sounds pretty rockin' to me!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/shows/gone-country/214848/gone-country-final-performance-dee-snider.jhtml

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:45 pm

I watched this too. It was an entertaining show for the most part. But it seemed a bit short lived and they hardly showed anything from the actual song writing and recording process....which seems odd cuz that's what the entire show was supposed to be about.

I also thought Julio's song was the worst one and least "country" sounding of them all. Total rip off that he won.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:24 am

I didn't watch a minute of it, but Dee was on Howard Stern talking about how they manipulate the contestants and edit things to make them look worse than they really were. Of course most people already suspected this of most "reality" shows, but it was funny to hear Dee rant about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:31 am

Man, Dee has one of the strongest voices in music. He has always been consistantly powerful. That country song he wrote wasn't so bad.

As for Julio's song? Country music is geared towards toothless women. He's a good looking guy so he won.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:36 am

I watched one episode.Dee is metal even when doing country.That makes him Tr00 I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:55 am

spectrefate wrote:
Man, Dee has one of the strongest voices in music. He has always been consistantly powerful. That country song he wrote wasn't so bad.

As for Julio's song? Country music is geared towards toothless women. He's a good looking guy so he won.

Julio's song was the least "country" sounding IMHO. But John Rich obviously saw how he made every woman in that theatre swoon when he was on stage and figured "I can sell a zillion CDs with this guy."

Dee probably would've had a better shot at winning if he hadn't flipped the bird and dropped the F-Bomb onstage during his song, but then again, if he hadn't done that, he wouldn't have been Dee. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Quote :
But John Rich obviously saw how he made every woman in that theatre swoon when he was on stage and figured "I can sell a zillion CDs with this guy."

That's exactly what happened...Rich even said so..."When I saw those women go crazy, I knew we had a winner..."

IMO, Dee was very good...Bobby Brown should have won.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Bobby Brown should have won.

I dont know why he even bothered being on the show.He was just there for dramatics I think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:05 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I dont know why he even bothered being on the show.He was just there for dramatics I think

He's bi-polar, if you ask me. His performance & his song was the best of the bunch, I think...w/ Dee right behind him....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:10 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

The running gag about Bobby nearly peeing on Dee Snider in his sleep was hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Blabbermouth sez that "Gone Country 2" is already filming, and once again it'll have a token metal guy in the ranks... this time it'll be Sebastian Bach.

SEBASTIAN BACH Signs On For 'Gone Country 2' - May 6, 2008
Ken Tucker of Billboard.biz reports that former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach, Grammy and Academy Award winner Irene Cara, "American Idol" finalist Mikalah Gordon, singer Jermaine Jackson, NSYNC's Chris Kirkpatrick, actor Lorenzo Lamas and actress Sean Young will vie for the top prize on CMT's "Gone Country 2", the follow-up to the network's highest rated series ever.

John Rich returns as host and judge of the show, which is currently filming in Nashville and which will begin airing in August.

As with the first season, the show will immerse the celebrities in all things country for a chance to break out as a country star.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3