Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"

Go down 
+10
kmorg
Louder
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
Required Fields
Troublezone
iamrockerfun
mc666
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Empty
PostSubject: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:35 am

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and felt I had to share it... I hate to admit it but I will probably end up watching this show.. My wife is a big country music fan so we watch a lot of CMT around my house. (My fave CMT show, for reasons that should be obvious, is "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team") Smile

TWISTED SISTER Frontman 'Gone Country'? - Oct. 18, 2007

According to Country Standard Time, TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider is oen of seven artists who will take part in John Rich's "Gone Country" show airing in January 2008 on CMT. The six-episode series takes seven established performers from every realm of the entertainment and music industries and immerses them in all things country for a chance to break out as the next big country superstar. Production is currently underway in Nashville.

Other participants are Bobby Brown, Maureen McCormick, Carnie Wilson, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Maureen McCormick.

The show uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer/songwriter John Rich of BIG & RICH fame.

Each singer will be paired up with Nashville songwriters to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist that is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:06 pm

Sounds like yet another stupid "reality" show. I am sure they are paying 'ol Dee well. Ya gotta put food on the table.

ult

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:30 pm

i'm surprised Scott Ian didn't volunteer for this as well.

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:41 pm

mc666 wrote:

laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:13 pm

mc666 wrote:

He probably doesn't know how to play pedal steel gee-tar or banjo. Yeehaw!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:15 pm

lol!

I'm also surprised Sebastian Bach didn't sign up. He seems to love being the 'drama queen' on those reality shows! Haha!

Did anyone seen Supergroup with Sebastian, Ted Nugent, Jason Bonham and Scott Ian on VH1? It was HILARIOUS!!! Hahaha. Sebastian was being such a drama queen and causing problems for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:17 pm

blackieboy wrote:

Did anyone seen Supergroup with Sebastian, Ted Nugent, Jason Bonham and Scott Ian on VH1? It was HILARIOUS!!! Hahaha. Sebastian was being such a drama queen and causing problems for everyone!

"Supergroup" was a hilarious show. I wish they'd release that on DVD. Every time I watched that show my opinion of Sebastian Bach eroded a little bit more after watching yet another display of his infantile behavior.

Sebastian's wife has gotta be a saint to have put up with that guy for so long. (P.S. she's pretty hot too.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

"Supergroup" was a hilarious show. I wish they'd release that on DVD. Every time I watched that show my opinion of Sebastian Bach eroded a little bit more after watching yet another display of his infantile behavior.

Sebastian's wife has gotta be a saint to have put up with that guy for so long. (P.S. she's pretty hot too.)

laughing

LOL ME TOO! Every time I watched it (I was addicted to it), my opinion of Sebastian went farther and farther into the crapper. That guy is a jerk! I know what you mean about his wifey.

Laughing very hard

By the way, they are going to release this on dvd soon!

crazy happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:59 pm

blackieboy wrote:

LOL ME TOO! Every time I watched it (I was addicted to it), my opinion of Sebastian went farther and farther into the crapper. That guy is a jerk! I know what you mean about his wifey.

Are they really? Sweeeeeet!

My wife had a huge crush on Sebastian Bach when she was a teenybopper and "Supergroup" pretty much ruined that for her. Every time we watched the show, she'd be like "Wow, I will never look at him the same way again. What a doofus!" Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:14 pm

i like TS a Dee S. but coutnry ? just wait ... should be nice surprise.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:08 pm

Sabastian also did that celebrity rap show recently too and he's gonna be on LA INK next obviously to promote his new album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just saw this on Blabbermouth and felt I had to share it... I hate to admit it but I will probably end up watching this show.. My wife is a big country music fan so we watch a lot of CMT around my house. (My fave CMT show, for reasons that should be obvious, is "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team") Smile

According to Country Standard Time, TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider is oen of seven artists who will take part in John Rich's "Gone Country" show airing in January 2008 on CMT. The six-episode series takes seven established performers from every realm of the entertainment and music industries and immerses them in all things country for a chance to break out as the next big country superstar. Production is currently underway in Nashville.

Other participants are Bobby Brown, Maureen McCormick, Carnie Wilson, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Maureen McCormick.

The show uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer/songwriter John Rich of BIG & RICH fame.

Each singer will be paired up with Nashville songwriters to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist that is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.

Wow Maureen McCormick twice! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 5:29 pm

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1571718&vid=182589 sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Are they really? Sweeeeeet!

My wife had a huge crush on Sebastian Bach when she was a teenybopper and "Supergroup" pretty much ruined that for her. Every time we watched the show, she'd be like "Wow, I will never look at him the same way again. What a doofus!" Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard That's funny dude.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:01 pm

Where's Gene Simmons?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 10:31 pm

troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Wow Maureen McCormick twice! Laughing

Hahahaha... good eye! Blame the guy who transcribed it on Blabbermouth, not me. I didn't even know Maureen was listed twice.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 pm

i have a feeling dee would not be too bad at that show
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:36 pm

He must be from the South to have such a deeply ingrained love of Country music. That's the way all them folk are. Or maybe he's just following the $$$$.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:37 pm

i am tempted to say he has dollar signs in his eyes
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
He must be from the South to have such a deeply ingrained love of Country music. That's the way all them folk are. Or maybe he's just following the $$$$.

Dee's a native New Yorker as far as I know... so I go with the $$$ theory. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Dee's a native New Yorker as far as I know... so I go with the $$$ theory. Smile

are people greeedy in NYC
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:36 am

TheGooch wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

are people greeedy in NYC

People are greedy EVERYWHERE, man. Smile

But like Ult said earlier in the thread, "he's gotta put food on the table"
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:39 am

i spsoe so he needs to put food on table now that twisted sister are not as big as they were
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:47 am

TheGooch wrote:
i spsoe so he needs to put food on table now that twisted sister are not as big as they were

Yea, Twisted Sister are semi-retired now... they do maybe one or two gigs a year, maybe a Euro festival in addition to that, but their days as a regular recording/touring act are pretty much done. Which is probably for the best cuz none of them are getting any younger... eventually one of'em was bound to break a hip on stage
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:49 am

there headlining the Winter Ball this year at Minehead Butlins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"   Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dee Snider (!) to "Go Country!"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next