Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Covid-19 pandemic

Go down 
+28
Witchfinder
blazingstone
James B.
Glower
Devin's Child
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
exact33
MetalGuy71
manny
brokentulsa
ZombieHavoc
nevermore
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
Citanul
the sentinel
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Lari
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 9:39 pm

Within the past week, a lot of the stores have started to open again, with some strict regulations (masks are at least preferred, while some make it mandatory, sanitizing your hands when you enter is required, etc.). I went to the mall out of curiosity around the time most places were closing (I was at another place not too far from it earlier in the day that was open at the time), and only three places, all part of the food court, were open. The clothing stores, both of the salons, the book stores, etc., were all closed.

Now about half of the stores at the mall are open again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 1:36 am

New wave seems to be starting in Beijing.

Deconfinement is becoming the rule around here, although we still have lots of new cases daily.

God knows where we're heading next.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 2:17 am

Crazy times! Just take one day at a time.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 1:43 pm

I was reading hockey news and the coronavirus popped up again. I just looked and I'm surprised to find covid numbers are still as high as ever worldwide.

I thought it was kind of done. Local media has pretty much stopped talking about it because it's basically gone from Finland (and it's become a pretty boring topic by now).

I talked to some Germans and they said they were wearing face masks outside. At least these particular individuals. I'm glad I haven't had to wear one yet. I'm following official guidelines. Would probably wear one if I had to. Shops and public transit and the office doesn't require one, so I'll happily go without.

I haven't really seen people wearing one either. Some odd folk in supermarkets, maybe.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to the start of the NHL season. But there's some setbacks with new cases in North America so that's a threat.

The PGA tour without an audience is kind of odd looking too, but I suppose golf is one of the better off sports. Not hugely reliant on ticket sales and the TV product doesn't really suffer much.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 4:28 am

Lari wrote:
I was reading hockey news and the coronavirus popped up again. I just looked and I'm surprised to find covid numbers are still as high as ever worldwide.

I thought it was kind of done. Local media has pretty much stopped talking about it because it's basically gone from Finland (and it's become a pretty boring topic by now).

I talked to some Germans and they said they were wearing face masks outside. At least these particular individuals. I'm glad I haven't had to wear one yet. I'm following official guidelines. Would probably wear one if I had to. Shops and public transit and the office doesn't require one, so I'll happily go without.

I haven't really seen people wearing one either. Some odd folk in supermarkets, maybe.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to the start of the NHL season. But there's some setbacks with new cases in North America so that's a threat.

The PGA tour without an audience is kind of odd looking too, but I suppose golf is one of the better off sports. Not hugely reliant on ticket sales and the TV product doesn't really suffer much.
It's still on the news here locally but Florida is a hotspot. Cases locally are going up pretty quick and several people at work are out. We are doing temp checks and masks are required at work in offices but not the production floor unless you go in a control room. If I am at my desk I don't have to wear one but if anyone walks into where I am they need to have one on and vice versa - if I go to another office the person at their desk doesn't have to have one but I do. We had about 6 of us in our office but they spread us out and now there are only 2 of us here me in one corner and someone else in another. Cleaning crews come in every day and wipe everything down. 

Our church has reclosed as well. They were having 8 services on Sundays that you had to sign up for to attend and the one we were attending had temp checks and you had to wear a mask. There were only 10-15 people in there and no one was seated anywhere near us. 

My youngest daughter has a compromised immune system. They are pushing for schools to reopen but my daughter's school emailed us and they are offering distance learning so we signed her up for that. My oldest daughter is attending FSU and her session right now is all online. For the fall semester her classes are half online and half in person and Florida State says anyone attending in person must social distance and wear a mask at all times. They are discussing now of offering all courses online for the fall so she may do that instead. She said she enjoys online class because she can get all of her work ahead of schedule and get it done on a Monday and pretty much be done for the week. But she said it's sad that she is in college and can't go on campus to meet new people and see what college is really like. 

People in stores are wearing masks, about half and half but come Monday many of the business will require it for entry which is fine by me I wear mine whenever I go somewhere. 

It's not like wearing a mask is new to me, we have had to wear them at work for years anyway when conducting certain testing (I work in a lab). It's really not that big of a deal to me but it is annoying when my glasses fog up. Normally I will wear contact lenses to work anyway but when venturing out of the Lab or the office we have to wear a hardhat and safety goggles and they have "anti-fog wipes" available which work well on my glasses or goggles. 

It is what it is and it doesn't really bother me to wear one.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 12:50 pm

They re-started Finnish hockey with audience. With social distancing.

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 06401c3d434e48c0a580dab55569a275.jpg

Empty seats between groups. Similar to the amusement parks etc when we went in July.

This could work for North American sports, too, I think.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Lari wrote:
They re-started Finnish hockey with audience. With social distancing.

Really? I thought they were “Finnished”. Razz

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 12:58 pm

I knew a Finnish kid in high school that was named Janne. I feel bad now, but I used to call him Jane.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 7:33 am

Finland Recommends Use of Facemasks on Public Transport

HELSINKI (REUTERS) - Finland's government backs public health authorities' new recommendation to use facemasks on public transport and in other situations where social distancing is not possible, Prime Minister Sanna Marin said on Thursday.

Health authorities reported 41 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, a daily record since end of May, bringing the total to 7,683 since the beginning of the pandemic.

Prior to Thursday, Finland had not officially recommended the use of masks.

Well that's an interesting change on the face mask front. Previously they were not recommended, but the numbers are up.

I've yet to wear one, and don't actually even know what would qualify as a face mask and what wouldn't. Not that it really matters since it's only a recommendation, and I don't even use public transport, and the cloth masks probably don't even do anything, but for instance that Crimson Glory mask - I should order one now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 De40df10
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Better get ready, because once Biden gets in there, those useless masks will become mandatory.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 7:37 pm

007 wrote:
Better get ready, because once Biden gets in there, those useless masks will become mandatory.

C’mon man! You know Joe too well!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 8:13 pm

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Qzuye1spehm41
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 4:43 am

My daugher's school was in session for less than a week and a kid tested positive. 100 kids quarantined. Luckily my daughter is doing remote learning and wasn't there (she is 10 years old and diabetic and has a weakened immune system so we decided to keep her home). The next county over reported some cases yesterday in the school system as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 6:21 pm

The whole school thing is a major mess.  My manager's wife is a school teacher and they have 2 middle school-aged kids and an elementary school child.  Everyone in the family is at home.  The middle school kids are old enough to have enough sense to leave Mom and Dad alone while they're working but the 7 year old gets in the way constantly.  My manager talks about taking his laptop "into a closet" to be able to work.  His wife conducts her classes from the basement.  What a circus that has to be!  He jokes saying things like "...but we'll get through it - if I don't die first."

I can't imagine the stress parents with school-aged kids are under, even if the kids are actually going to school.  That's a whole different kind of stress.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 8:59 pm

My brother was tested Monday and his results came back positive. I've scheduled a test for myself tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 9:18 pm

nevermore wrote:
My brother was tested Monday and his results came back positive. I've scheduled a test for myself tomorrow.

Good luck my friend.  Wise decision to get tested.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 11:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Good luck my friend.  Wise decision to get tested.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 4:11 pm

To update my earlier reply on this thread. My covid 19 test results are positive. Currently in quarantine.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 7:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
To update my earlier reply on this thread. My covid 19 test results are positive. Currently in quarantine.

Sorry to hear...

You should be okay. Get well ASAP!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 7:39 pm

nevermore wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Are you asymptomatic? 

I think I had this thing back in February because I NEVER get sick - especially since I've worked from home for about 6 years.  But back then something knocked me off my feet for about 10 days; fever, coughing, no appetite (at all - I lost 12 pounds).  And there were days where I woke up after 8 or 9 hours of sleep and a few hours later I went back to bed and slept for another 3 or 4 hours.

That sure sounds like Covid before we knew it was "a thing".

Hang in there nevermore; I hope you don't have any symptoms because if that's what I had, it sucks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 10:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Are you asymptomatic? 

I think I had this thing back in February because I NEVER get sick - especially since I've worked from home for about 6 years.  But back then something knocked me off my feet for about 10 days; fever, coughing, no appetite (at all - I lost 12 pounds).  And there were days where I woke up after 8 or 9 hours of sleep and a few hours later I went back to bed and slept for another 3 or 4 hours.

That sure sounds like Covid before we knew it was "a thing".

Hang in there nevermore; I hope you don't have any symptoms because if that's what I had, it sucks.

Right now I look to be asymptomatic. My nose is kinda stuffy. That's it. No cough, breathing problems, fever or anything else.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 5:56 pm

my city just became the #1 college town in Texas with the most covid cases Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 927150
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2020 6:32 am

So far I know about 20 people who have had it and 4 who have died. Schools are open here but my kids are doing remote learning (college age and 5th grade). My wife did not return to her teaching job. The first WEEK of school my youngest daughter's school principal sent out an email that they had a positive case in the elementary school and 100 kids would be in quarantine. So far 20 and 236 in quarantine total at 13 schools in the area but it may be more since they only update the numbers on Monday. 3rd week of school and cases on the rise.

My youngest is diabetic and our ealry Aug trip to the endocrinologist he advised us to do remote learning for her. That is what we are doing, he is the doc and he knows best for her.

My oldest has a full load at FSU and all of it is online except one class. She feels comfortable attending classes because the building doors are locked and she has to scan her ID to get the doors to open and they take temps right inside the door. Masks are required at all times. Her class has 30 students and they broke them up into 2 groups of 15 and she said they are at least 10-12 feet apart from anyone.

At work face coverings are required and we have had a few positive cases here and one death. Neck gaiters have been a popular choice for most but starting Monday it will be mask only company wide.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2020 1:03 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

At work face coverings are required
That sounds crazy. How many do you go through per day? Don't you have to change it every 30 minutes or so, to avoid it getting wet?

Just asking. I've still yet to wear one. But I'm thinking if it gets wet anyway it's probably counterproductive to wear one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Covid-19 pandemic
Page 5 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next