Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Covid-19 pandemic

Go down 
+28
Witchfinder
blazingstone
James B.
Glower
Devin's Child
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
exact33
MetalGuy71
manny
brokentulsa
ZombieHavoc
nevermore
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
Citanul
the sentinel
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Lari
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 11:09 am

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 96239739_10163521373120026_3190293628635316224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=yPS_U-Nfs68AX_4-Sw6&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 11:22 am

If we at some point have to start wearing masks when we go somewhere, I'd try and find a Crimson Glory mask:

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 XnDJR-W4phbn0iDbAJmVumEasivw8CwBPEvRFbQqSCVLyk6bgpqtBY_BYET2nKvRoBlJXk3Qvf1MpFU5GzrrWUBHiGuMEQU2T9ainAS6dWutXyVK38e3rqq7dHR7ff0JbyvrJdG61_lPbg

Or maybe fulfill every comic book geek's dream of being able to walk in public with a Spider-Man mask and not be considered an idiot.

So far it's not been a thing though. I've seen a few people wear masks in the supermarket, but the vast majority goes without. Nobody at work wears one.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 11:51 am

Lari wrote:

I've seen a few people wear masks in the supermarket, but the vast majority goes without. Nobody at work wears one.

We are required to wear them here when we head out into the stores or other places of business that are open.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 7:26 pm

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Plague10

This is my sarcastic mask. They're making us wear masks at work, so this is my workout mask.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 7:54 pm

007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

I've seen a few people wear masks in the supermarket, but the vast majority goes without. Nobody at work wears one.

We are required to wear them here when we head out into the stores or other places of business that are open.

We're not "required" to wear them to shop here but people really give you the "stink-eye" if you don't. 

I now have 15 washable masks and I will wear one when I shop (which is rare because I've been getting my groceries delivered for the most part).  I donned one this past weekend when I decided to venture out just to see if all these new "shopping rules" seemed as traumatic the second time as they did the first time when I blindly walked into "the new normal".  And it wasn't nearly as bad an experience the second time because I knew what to expect. 

But it was interesting to watch the reactions of shoppers who were wearing masks to the shoppers who weren't wearing them; it's become a new social faux pas to not where a mask in a public space.  And it sort of makes sense; there is something of a "selfish" nature that comes across if you go out in public without a mask because the whole point of wearing one is to protect those around you, it doesn't do shit to protect you.  So if you walk around a store without a mask when everyone else is wearing one, that implies that you don't give a shit about those around you.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 8:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

We're not "required" to wear them to shop here but people really give you the "stink-eye" if you don't. 

They won't even let you in the stores here if you're not wearing one. And I have yet to talk to anyone who feels that they are necessary. My area is going into the "yellow phase" tomorrow, meaning more places will be allowed to open, but masks will still be mandatory, along with the social distancing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 8:45 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

They won't even let you in the stores here if you're not wearing one. And I have yet to talk to anyone who feels that they are necessary. My area is going into the "yellow phase" tomorrow, meaning more places will be allowed to open, but masks will still be mandatory, along with the social distancing.

Local officials have let that decision up to the various store owners.  If someone wants to enter your place of business without a mask you can let them in as is, provide a mask for them or deny entrance. 

That seems like the smart policy to me.  Let the free market system dictate who can patronize your business. If the majority of people don't want to wear a mask then they'll take their business elsewhere.  But in the short term I expect wearing a mask to shop will win out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 8:10 am

Work provided us with 3 masks. It is just a plain black one but it is kind of cool when I wear sunglasses with it and a ballcap pulled down tightly. I look like a robber! 

Anyway, I wanted to look for something cool so I looked for this:
Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 41byCDIRMbL._AC_SX425_

Unfortunately there are none. There is a Halloween mask company that makes an "Eye Of The Beholder" mask but it is a full face mask of the doctor on the left. i sent them an email and said they should make PPE masks that look like this but I never heard anything back. If they made them I would buy one. I realize the ones pictured above do not really cover the mouth but they could make some that do.

Went to Walmart the other day and here is what I noticed: barricades are put up around the entrance so they can count the number of people going in. All employees are wearing masks. I had mine on as stated above, with sunglasses and ballcap. When I was approaching the entrance a fat redneck was walking out looked at me and laughed. When I got in the store I noticed all the hispanics and black people had a mask on. Probably 98% of the white people did not. I saw a nurse and I recognized a doctor and they both had them on. When I went to pay I was behind another redneck family. They complained about being 6 feet apart and saying things (not directed at me, just being redneck and loud in general) like "I ain't wearin' no mask and I ain't keepin' 6 feet apart from nuthin". This whole thing is a big hoax, none of it is real". I just ignored them but man I hate rednecks and considering 70% of our county lives in poverty we have plenty of them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 8:37 am

Those redneck bastards will be the first to cry for another stimulus package to be passed and will be the first to moan and groan and pray to their plastic Jesus to save them when they get sick from the coronavirus
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 10:10 am

Hey Manny: congratulations on the most hateful post in a long time. Mikeinfla, you too. Rednecks aren't human, are they? Their thoughts and opinions don't count, do they? Manny, you're a highly educated epidemiologist, economist, sociologist aren't you? Know what's best, don't you? I wish I had you're insight, learning and wisdom. Must be feel powerful to be so highly evolved. Must be exhilarating to know what's best for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 11:29 am

Went grocery shopping today. Was able to obtain toilet paper, hand sanitizer, AND bottled water without having to engage in any Thunderdome style death matches in the aisles. WINNING.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 6:47 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Work provided us with 3 masks. It is just a plain black one but it is kind of cool when I wear sunglasses with it and a ballcap pulled down tightly. I look like a robber! 

Anyway, I wanted to look for something cool so I looked for this:
Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 41byCDIRMbL._AC_SX425_

Unfortunately there are none. There is a Halloween mask company that makes an "Eye Of The Beholder" mask but it is a full face mask of the doctor on the left. i sent them an email and said they should make PPE masks that look like this but I never heard anything back. If they made them I would buy one. I realize the ones pictured above do not really cover the mouth but they could make some that do.

Went to Walmart the other day and here is what I noticed: barricades are put up around the entrance so they can count the number of people going in. All employees are wearing masks. I had mine on as stated above, with sunglasses and ballcap. When I was approaching the entrance a fat redneck was walking out looked at me and laughed. When I got in the store I noticed all the hispanics and black people had a mask on. Probably 98% of the white people did not. I saw a nurse and I recognized a doctor and they both had them on. When I went to pay I was behind another redneck family. They complained about being 6 feet apart and saying things (not directed at me, just being redneck and loud in general) like "I ain't wearin' no mask and I ain't keepin' 6 feet apart from nuthin". This whole thing is a big hoax, none of it is real". I just ignored them but man I hate rednecks and considering 70% of our county lives in poverty we have plenty of them.

That would be a great idea for a mask!  Just create one with that distorted mouth and the pig nose.  If the price was right I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

And I'm with you on rednecks.  I spent 8 years in Tennessee so I'm real familiar with the type.  Sure some of them are good people but others are like the ones you mentioned.  I've been hearing that "hoax" crap around here too.  It's those idiots that will initiate a second wave of this crap.

On the other hand, as I mentioned before, going into a public space without a mask almost seems to be turning into a social blunder as bad as going out in public with no pants and for once I think the social pressure to conform might do some good.

EDIT: To SM74, I posted that before I read your refutation of mike and manny.  I guess it depends on how you define a "redneck".  To me that definition goes way beyond a southern accent, lack of formal education or what kind of home you live in; that stuff doesn't have anything to do with my definition.  I'm referring to the loudmouth, bullying, conspiracy-believing morons who think the best way to settle anything is not through intelligent discussion or debate but with fists or worse yet, firearms.  That's a redneck in my book.  And I also spent 4 years in a Virginia college where it was a "fun" Saturday night for a band of local rednecks to grab a college kid out of his car stopped at a light, beat him with a tire iron and then steal his car and wreck it.  Yeah, that's my redneck.

And now they're threatening to beat us all (metaphorically speaking) by re-igniting this damn coronavirus.  As for your assertion that they can express their opinion, sure they can but not when their method of doing so jeopardizes everyone around them.  Instead, how about vocally bitching about how much wearing a mask sucks BEHIND A MASK!!!!  Refusing to wear a mask now with states finally reopening just because you think it's "your right" or it's "government bullshit" is redneck behavior IMO.
Bottom line: your right to have and express your opinion ENDS when it potentially risks my life and those of others around you.  It's like your freedom of speech which ENDS when you yell "Fire!" in a theater. 
This is the exact same thing in my book.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 6:04 pm

So my company is open with modified hours and we only get shipments 3 days a week so us warehouse guys have to split the available hours so everyone gets a few... That means about 10 to 12 hours a week... Mask and gloves and long sleeves required and no company benefits plus we have to get our temp checked hourly and have to social distance..and the AC back there is weak so it gets hot fast in a mask.. So that's about $120 a week for now...not expected to change till the end of summer ... my wife has asked me if its even worth it at this point.. we have about 6 months worth of savings and she gets a hefty retirement check every month from the Government that is more than enough to pay our bills.. What do you guys think? Also I'm taking online accounting courses so I can do accounting on a contract basis (be my own boss and work at home)...I will be done with that in 3 months...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 7:20 pm

If your wife's check can pay your current bills AND you are taking online accounting courses which will be done in 3 months AND you have enough savings to cover 6 months of expenses anyway...unless you really like your job (even with the low hours and sweating your ass off) that sounds like a no-brainer to me.  With one HUGE potential caveat:  what about medical insurance?  If your wife's government benefits also include medical coverage for your entire family then I'd say finish your online accounting degree, take what ad hoc jobs you can get with that to supplement her monthly check and enjoy retirement!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 7:35 pm

How many people here actually know someone that has or had covid? So far I don’t know anyone.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
How many people here actually know someone that has or had covid? So far I don’t know anyone.

Only 1 that I know personally. My next door neighbor, who is a nurse, had it and recovered after about 2 weeks. There have been a few other instances of my wife having a friend or a friend of a friend who's parent or brother had had it and stuff like that. Noone we knew personally. I don't think any of those folks died either, but don't quote me on that one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 11:17 pm

Neither myself nor my co-workers nor any of our customers have any knowledge of someone who has contracted it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 1:31 am

Troublezone wrote:
My mum had it and my brother and his girlfriend had it.

Cleaning lady from work had it.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 1:39 am

007 wrote:
Neither myself nor my co-workers nor any of our customers have any knowledge of someone who has contracted it.
One of my cousins best friends has it, and I've had three employees from two different companies I make deliveries to have had it. Nobody in my immediate circle though.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 6:39 am

Troublezone wrote:

I know one person who had it and sadly he passed away from it. But in our county only 4 deaths (small county maybe 120,000 people? I could be wrong on population, I have no clue because it always looks like there are more people because this is a tourist town).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 1:11 pm

How do we know the numbers are accurate? The media can literally tell us anything and there’s no way to fact check the accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:
How do we know the numbers are accurate? The media can literally tell us anything and there’s no way to fact check the accuracy.
Check the sources.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Check the sources.

What source or agency is trustworthy? There is nothing that isn’t manipulated. Unless you are actually a part of the info collection process.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Check the sources.

What source or agency is trustworthy? There is nothing that isn’t manipulated. Unless you are actually a part of the info collection process.
As with everything, look to the reliable news sources. AFP, Reuters, Associated Press, BBC, Deutsche Welle, New York Times, maybe Wall Street Journal. They do their research and if they ever make a mistake, own up to it. Where I trust unbiased information comes from. They are usually also very careful with their sources and convey the truth without a bias.

Beyond that, you can look to their source research/studies.

"Unless you are actually a part of the info collection process. "
That's actually no better unless you know what you are doing. A novice understands very little about viruses and whatever the studies mean. But you do want the unaltered conclusions made. A reporter also doesn't understand it, but it's important they report it unaltered, yet with layman terms. Which is the hard part. "The protein RNA of this incidence of virus in the host cell neutralizes its white blood cell flow"... can turn into "HORRIFIC PLAGUE KILLS ANTIBODIES - MURDERS MANKIND" or "researchers discover a virus that potentially weakens immune system". Or "POLITICIAN INCITES FEAR OVER GERMS TO GAIN VOTES - SCIENTISTS AMUSED". Depending on the standard of reporting.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 5:29 pm

I guess you’re a lot more trusting than I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Covid-19 pandemic
Page 4 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next