Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Covid-19 pandemic

Go down 
+28
Witchfinder
blazingstone
James B.
Glower
Devin's Child
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
exact33
MetalGuy71
manny
brokentulsa
ZombieHavoc
nevermore
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
Citanul
the sentinel
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Lari
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2020 9:03 pm

Lari wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

At work face coverings are required
That sounds crazy. How many do you go through per day? Don't you have to change it every 30 minutes or so, to avoid it getting wet?

Just asking. I've still yet to wear one. But I'm thinking if it gets wet anyway it's probably counterproductive to wear one.

Not too big of a deal, they supply them for us. We have actually had to wear them doing certain daily tasks in the 15 years I have been there. So while we wear them every day now, I am used to wearing them because at least 2-3 days a week we had to wear them anyway doing certain tests in the lab. I've never had a problem with one getting wet. When I am done with it I just throw it away. The neck gaiters are stretchy material and I have about 10 of those. I like those better and I just throw it in the laundry at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 3:16 pm

This past Tuesday I finally received a negative test result. The doctor told me I was definitely asymptomatic. I'm finally getting to return to work this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 3:37 pm

Well, this Covid sh*t just got real for me.

My 17 year old son had to get a covid-19 test this morning.

One of his friends, who graduated from high school last year and has been home on leave from the Marine Corps, tested positive before he was due to return to the USMC. So now everybody that this kid has been in contact with while he's been home for the past ten days, which includes my son and about a dozen other friends, had to go get the test.

My son is buggin' the f*** out. We will be on pins & needles for the next couple of days till we find out the results.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 6:58 am

Man FF I hate the hear that. Hopefully it will come back negative. The tests they are doing around here are the rapid tests. It sucks that you gotta wait a few days.

I was exposed to a co-worker. I had direct contact with him the day he was feeling sick but I had on a mask and latex gloves at the time and was having a conversation with him about 8 feet away. We have to wear our masks at work all the time now unless we are sitting at our desk. I only had latex gloves on at the time because the work I was doing required them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 am

^^ my son Matt and his best friend Nick went together to get the rapid test yesterday, amd tjeu came back negative.

However, the doc told them that the rapid test isn't always 100 percent accurate and recommended they also do the 2 day/swab test just to make sure, so that's the result they're waiting on right now.

My wife is a home health aide who works with the elderly, so my son's afraid to come home until he gets the all clear, for fear of passing it to my wife and then potentially to her client. Fortunately, Nick's family are letting Matt stay at their house till their results come back.

My wife and Nick's Mom were messaging each other last night -- they both agree that the boys are probably freaking out over nothing and the odds of either of them getting a positive are slim, but on the other hand, maybe this will be a wake up call for both of them.

They have been hanging out together all thru the pandemic, which was fine at first cuz it was just the two of them, but the longer this has gone on they've been pushing their luck, expanding the circle of people they let into "the bubble" so to speak, so this was probably bound to happen sooner or later.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 7:54 am

This is serious stuff and I think you maybe right about your son, but the fact your son is taking this serious and not wanting to pass it on to his mother and her patients shows what a responsible young man he is

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 8:07 am

manny wrote:
This is serious stuff and I think you maybe right about your son, but the fact your son is taking this serious and not wanting to pass it on to his mother and her patients shows what a responsible young man he is

Yea, we must have done something right with that one Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2020 9:58 am

The big thing for us is our diabetic daughter. The poor kid hasn't left the house since March. We have gone outside and walked around the block but she hasn't been anywhere since this started. My wife was working in the school system but opted not to return so she has been home the whole time as well. She said even if there was a 1 percent chance she could get it and bring it home she would not go back to work. Apparently other teachers thought the same thing as the district is trying to hire a ton of teachers all over the county. She said when this blows over she'll apply again but wasn't hopeful. I told her as many people as they need they would be glad to have her back even if it wasn't until next year.

Our oldest daughter (19) has ventured out some. She goes shopping with me on the weekend and she drives over to the FSU campus a day or two a week but she also doesn't want to bring it home. All of her classes but one are online, one on campus.

The only one that goes anywhere is me but I always wear my gaiter when I go out.

I bought some here:

https://safishing.com/shop/buy-1-get-4-free-face-shields-a51/#configuration

They aren't the greatest thing but they are better than nothing and they are more comfortable than the N-95 masks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 2:06 pm

My son's covid test came back negative, so he was able to come home yesterday after spending a week camped out at his buddy Nick's house. Peace has thus been restored.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 6:41 pm

I can't believe people are panic-buying again!

F'n idiots! I bet they all still have a gazillion rolls of toilet paper from last April!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39176

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Tenor
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 10:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:

F'n idiots!  I bet they all still have a gazillion rolls of toilet paper from last April!
Yup, went to the store last week and just about all the TP was gone. I went to Amazon and bought a case of sixty rolls. That's as far as I go. I'm not hoarding it, but I'm not going to run out like I almost did last time either lol
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 7:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:

F'n idiots!  I bet they all still have a gazillion rolls of toilet paper from last April!

4n3eh4.jpg

here we go again with all the nonsense. Everybody hiding in their homes and panicking!

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 5:26 pm

Well, the wife just got a positive covid test. I fee it a little also, but not much more than a very mild cold at this point. Wish us luck. I'm not really worried about me, but with her other health issues she has, she's a high Rusk for something bad to happen. Anyways, I guess if I disappear around here, it means I died or lost internet lol Wish us luck.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well, the wife just got a positive covid test. I fee it a little also, but not much more than a very mild cold at this point. Wish us luck. I'm not really worried about me, but with her other health issues she has, she's a high Rusk for something bad to happen. Anyways, I guess if I disappear around here, it means I died or lost internet lol Wish us luck.

best wishes!!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Hope you both recover ASAP!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 7:42 pm

Take care Wrecked. This damn virus is insidious.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 8:02 pm

Best to you and your wife, Wrecked Neck. Hang in there.

Heard through the grapevine that the lady I sat next to at work passed away this past week. That was a bit of a shock.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39176

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 6:11 am

Hope everything works out for you and your wife, Wrecked Neck.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 9:43 am

Thanks guys. Everything us okay for now. From what I hear, my wife has about two more days to worry before things could turn bad. She hasn't gotten too terribly sick yet, but they say after about five or six days from when symptoms started is when it can start really hitting you hard. Time will tell, but I think she'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 12:57 pm

That is great to hear. Thanks for sharing an update!

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 pm

We have reached the Italian scenario here. All hospitals and ICUs are practically full.

Infections are on the rise and a lockdown has been reinstated as of tomorrow.

I can't believe some jerks still don't believe that the Coronavirus exists and that it can be deadly.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 9:11 pm

Gilbert wrote:
We have reached the Italian scenario here. All hospitals and ICUs are practically full.

Infections are on the rise and a lockdown has been reinstated as of tomorrow.

I can't believe some jerks still don't believe that the Coronavirus exists and that it can be deadly.

My results came in today and it's now official that I am covid positive. So that being said, I 100% believe it's real.

Last edited by Wrecked Neck on Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 pm

Best wishes for a quick recovery. Well, it can still be tricky. I am a long distance runner myself and have a friend who trains with me, who got infected.

Despite being healthy, and getting the best medical follow-up, the virus left him with some serious impact on his lungs. He is now suffering from pulmonary fibrosis and needs oxygen support on a steady basis.

The idea of not being able to breathe properly and feeling some sort of suffocation scares me a lot.

As for lockdowns, they are a must when hospitals reach an over saturation and doctors have a tough decision to choose between who gets admitted and who gets to wait and maybe die.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Best wishes for you and your wife Wrecked.

I think I had covid last February before we knew it was "a thing". I live by myself and seldom socialize and work at home fulltime so therefore I seldom even get a cold. But back in Feb, something leveled me for about 10 days. I didn't want to eat, my body ached and all I wanted to do was sleep. Since I had a lot of vacation time at work that's exactly what I did.

My point is, I was 59 at the time, I have high blood pressure, I'm a former smoker and am borderline diabetic yet I recovered. So hang in there.

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Covid-19 pandemic
Page 6 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next