Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"

Go down 
+12
Mglaffas81
Glower
Troublezone
Eyesore
Thrasher73
Hadley
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Lari
Gilbert
anthrax_fan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Just wondering Anthrax Fan, what do you think of Cinderella or Tesla? They were lumped in with glam, but sounded more like 70s rock.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Christ, this guy's a child

Yep, you nailed it!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 2:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I own Nirvana's entire catalog.
I also own several CDs by Poison.
Sometimes you're just in the mood for junk food. Poison fills that bill. (shrugs)

Very true! A cheesy quesadilla is good sometimes.

Mmmmm, quesadilla.

Dammit now I'm all hungry.

Any good Mexican joints in Jersey?

I've tried one pretty decent Mexican place a few towns over from me, but I haven't been out that way in a while. Aside from that, I can't think of any others off the top of my head, unless you consider Taco Bell "legit" Mexican, haha. I'm sure there's gotta be some, cuz North Jersey has a pretty big Mexican/Hispanic population.
I guess I need to get out of the house more often.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 9:06 am

I'm pretty sure my views on this "gay agenda" thing are on the complete opposite end from Anthrax_fan's, but that's not the point and there is no reason to even argue it.

But, it is worth pointing out that at some point in time, even a dude having long hair was suspect to some people. Like that maybe those guys in Anthrax, with their long poofy hair are a little..."funny"?

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 8:33 pm

Even Aerosmith thought Dude looks like a lady! Lol!
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 6:03 am

Hadley wrote:
Just wondering Anthrax Fan, what do you think of Cinderella or Tesla? They were lumped in with glam, but sounded more like 70s rock.

Tesla sounds kindda c00l , but I find Cinderella to be as glammy as the others of the bunch ... plus they also have the androginous l00k wich is always a let down for me , but that's just me ...
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 6:08 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I don't want to feed the troll too much, but I don't recall any of the hair/glam metal bands marching in gay pride parades or marching for LGTB rights so I have no idea what the "gay agenda" was. Only one in that scene I know of that was LGTB was Mark (now Marcie) Free (whose music I enjoy BTW). As Troublezone pointed out, those guys got as many girls as their hips could cope with. The look was more for shock value than anything else. And it worked, look how much this guy hates them because of their look.

For the other subject, I live in Texas and we have plenty of Mexican places, albeit Tex-Mex. Though I prefer that, regular Mexican food is to bland for this foodie. I love it, though perhaps too much but it's not like I eat it everyday. Never heard of a low carb Mexican restaurant. Again words of wisdom from Troublezone, if one is worried about carbs, simply cut down on the tortillas or go with corn tortillas which are lower in carbs than flour. Alternatively, make it at home and buy low carb tortillas.

Yep , there are lots of LOW CARB mexican food recipes out there these days , even for tortillas ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4