Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"

Go down 
+12
Mglaffas81
Glower
Troublezone
Eyesore
Thrasher73
Hadley
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Lari
Gilbert
anthrax_fan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 am

There are music styles I particularly don´t like but I respect a lot , like Brutal Death Metal or black Metal . but NOT glam . this is not music to be "respected" it deosn´t deserve ANY of it . it's shit , to be thrown to the trash can (not the THRASH can , please) .

Some of these bands had highly talented musicians , yet , used their music to create "radio airplay" bull crap . I'm Glad Grunge KILLED that shit in 1992 , "never to be seen again" .

Last edited by anthrax_fan on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Theeere we go.

Soooo in other words, you won't listen to glam/hair bands because you don't want to catch The Gay. Got it.

There are many things involved in my distaste for Glam :

a - it sounds and looks like something PLASTIC , false , and as alienated from reality as possible .

b - the pop elements trying to sound "easy listening" directed for radio airplay . It's not spontaneous , it's something made like a product , to sell for audiences that donn't even really dig music .

and

c - the gay image .

Glam was considered "chick music" (music that only girls got into) when I started in metal in the early 90's . I prefer to keep this tradition and still consider it "chick music" .

For looking gay, the glam guys sure scored more than an average person in a lifetime. It’s just showbiz. They didn’t wear the makeup off stage.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am

I'd rather listen to Nirvana any time than the pop-commercial-travestites below :

Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 10:50 am

They have both the same vibe to me :

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 10:56 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
I'd rather listen to Nirvana any time than the pop-commercial-travestites below :

I’ll just listen to the radio and hear the music without the image. Those videos are a thing of the past. And Poison toned that shit down after the second album. They don’t look like that anymore. It was a moment in time that is long gone. Did you ever see early pics of Metallica and Slayer? They wore spandex! And everyone already knows about Pantera’s glam days.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 am

I own Nirvana's entire catalog.
I also own several CDs by Poison.
Sometimes you're just in the mood for junk food. Poison fills that bill. (shrugs)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:08 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sometimes you're just in the mood for junk food. Poison fills that bill. (shrugs)

Very true! A cheesy quesadilla is good sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:08 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Mmmmm, quesadilla.

Dammit now I'm all hungry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Mmmmm, quesadilla.

Any good Mexican joints in Jersey?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Mmmmm, quesadilla.

I've tried one pretty decent Mexican place a few towns over from me, but I haven't been out that way in a while. Aside from that, I can't think of any others off the top of my head, unless you consider Taco Bell "legit" Mexican, haha. I'm sure there's gotta be some, cuz North Jersey has a pretty big Mexican/Hispanic population.
I guess I need to get out of the house more often.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 am

Poison >>>>>> Nirvana

And I don't even like Poison.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Mmmmm, quesadilla.

There's a pretty decent Mexican place a few towns over from me, but I haven't been out that way in a while. Other than that, unless you consider Taco Bell "legit" Mexican, not really. Haha.

Well I live in California about two hours from the actual border. Taco Bell is the poster child of fake Mexican. We got an endless supply of legit places from all over, including some other South American cuisines.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:28 am

Is there any place you can find LOW CARB mexican food on USA ?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:32 am

Lari wrote:
Poison >>>>>> Nirvana

I like most of Poison’s hits, but Nirvana’s Bleach album is actually very good too. It’s heavier than Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:35 am

anthrax_fan wrote:

There’s several gourmet type places that have reduced fat cheese and lard free beans. If you want less carbs, just get a fajita without the tortillas.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Poison >>>>>> Nirvana

I like most of Poison’s hits, but Nirvana’s Bleach album is actually very good too. It’s heavier than Nevermind.

I had bleach in 1993 . Yep I listened it not often but I didn´t care . after a while forgot about that vynil . I don´t consider Nirvana "good" or "bad" , I just like the fact that they helped killing the glam pink diaarhea , "never to be seen again" .

Grunge acutally had a good influence on music . You go from the first to the second King James album and notice the difference : much more substance and attitude .
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:39 am

Troublezone wrote:
anthrax_fan wrote:

There’s several gourmet type places that have reduced fat cheese and lard free beans. If you want less carbs, just get a fajita without the tortillas.

Well the places I know that have mexican food here in my city still do not have LOW CARB options . Low Fat is useless , no one should bother baout cutting fats in 2015 , let alone now , except artificial fats .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:45 am

Glam bands are still touring and playing festivals in the midwest. It’s just a matter of time before another Black Veil Brides gets some exposure.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:48 am

Christ, this guy's a child
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 11:54 am

The only "glam" band trying to revive their "golden days" that still have real relevance today is Steel Panther , which everyone knows is mockery with that long gone "scene" ...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 12:12 pm

The glam metal scene is alive and well here in Finland with bands like Santa Cruz and Reckless Love.

Heck, we invented the genre:
https://www.laweekly.com/one-band-from-finland-inspired-the-entire-sunset-strip-hair-metal-scene/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 12:16 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
The only "glam" band trying to revive their "golden days" that still have real relevance today is Steel Panther , which everyone knows is mockery with that long gone "scene" ...

They aren’t that old. Their first album was in the 00’s. And they are a parody band... but the fact that people like them tells you a revival could happen.

Look at that fake Led Zeppelin band Greta Van Fleet! That is 70s music regurgitated. The same can happen with some kids fascinated with the 80s stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 12:22 pm

You should all focus on music you like instead of music you don't. I'm not out there posting about stuff I don't care about or listen to. Or even know about or understand.

I think it's called trolling.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Lari wrote:
You should all focus on music you like instead of music you don't. I'm not out there posting about stuff I don't care about or listen to. Or even know about or understand.

I think it's called trolling.

DING DING DING DING DING DING

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 1:29 pm

I don't want to feed the troll too much, but I don't recall any of the hair/glam metal bands marching in gay pride parades or marching for LGTB rights so I have no idea what the "gay agenda" was. Only one in that scene I know of that was LGTB was Mark (now Marcie) Free (whose music I enjoy BTW). As Troublezone pointed out, those guys got as many girls as their hips could cope with. The look was more for shock value than anything else. And it worked, look how much this guy hates them because of their look.

For the other subject, I live in Texas and we have plenty of Mexican places, albeit Tex-Mex. Though I prefer that, regular Mexican food is to bland for this foodie. I love it, though perhaps too much but it's not like I eat it everyday. Never heard of a low carb Mexican restaurant. Again words of wisdom from Troublezone, if one is worried about carbs, simply cut down on the tortillas or go with corn tortillas which are lower in carbs than flour. Alternatively, make it at home and buy low carb tortillas.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"   Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie James Dio gives his veredict about "Glam Hard Rock"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next