Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - Titans Of Creation

Go down 
+17
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
7thSecond
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
glassprison
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lari
Witchfinder
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 4:54 pm

My copy is finally here. Haven't had the chance to play the album yet.

Hope to do so tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 6:03 pm

The biggest riff on the album is on "Symptoms". Kind of buried in the track order but that's another hit. Angry, aggressive, catchy. A bit old school. How a song based around a simple riff can so effectively get me so worked up is beyond me.

I noticed it was a Skolnick song and he's an active Youtuber, so I looked it up and:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2020 6:59 am

Three months later and this has held up really well. Just enjoyed another spin. I think I like it even better than Brotherhood of the Snake. No duds like Canna-Business this time around.

The opening four tracks on Brotherhood are incredible, but it's not as consistent and that was only a 45 minute long album. Now with Titans we get 58 minutes and no filler.

I love WWIII, I like Chuck's singing on Dream Deceiver, and Symptoms is another great rack.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 2:54 pm

Lari wrote:
Three months later and this has held up really well. Just enjoyed another spin. I think I like it even better than Brotherhood of the Snake. No duds like Canna-Business this time around.

The opening four tracks on Brotherhood are incredible, but it's not as consistent and that was only a 45 minute long album. Now with Titans we get 58 minutes and no filler.

I love WWIII, I like Chuck's singing on Dream Deceiver, and Symptoms is another great rack.

I am spinning this one again on my way to work tomorrow morning headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 11:09 pm

It’s a very good album!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2021 6:31 am

New Chuck Billy interview.

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 6:00 pm

Lombardo has been chosen to replace Gene Hoglan. Excellent choice! He has history with them on their Gathering album. That said, I wonder which of the many bands Dave works with will be dropped to accommodate Testament’s demanding schedule. Currently, he also plays in Suicidal Tendencies and Mr. Bungle. Also, the Misfits… but they are not very active.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/testament-rejoined-by-drummer-dave-lombardo/

I’m still curious what the real reason was for Gene to leave the band. Seems kinda strange…
He had a steady paycheck. It’s not like Gene is focusing on Dark Angel. He wasted two years while the lockdowns were in place to write for the previously announced new album.

Maybe Gene will spill the beans in a future interview.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 7:18 pm

I am quite sure that is why he left was because of Dark Angel as well as his other projects he has. He's not spilling any beans yet so I don't know exactly myself... but it makes sense.

Glad that Dave is back with Testament. Maybe another new album like The Gathering will happen because that album is BRUTAL!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 8:37 pm

Now if they would just kick the skunk out of the band, maybe we could get another album with the quality of The Gathering.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 8:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
Now if they would just kick the skunk out of the band, maybe we could get another album with the quality of The Gathering.

I used to really like Alex. When he wasn’t a outspoken asshat.

DallasBlack likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 10:03 pm

I heard they were going to announce the new drummer, and was really hoping Dave would be the mystery man. I'm excited, he's by far my favorite metal drummer, and he just seems to make bands better when he joins. The Gathering is my favorite Testament album, so I hope they can recapture some of that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 10:11 pm

Gene Hoglan is an amazing drummer, but his best work was with Dark Angel and Death. He kind of runs on autopilot these days.

I agree that Dave Lombardo is the GOAT of thrash drumming. His abilities seem natural and effortless.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 11:36 pm

Maybe another new album like The Gathering will happen because that album is BRUTAL!! wrote:

That would be nice, however, for me, any Testament album will be great... as long as Skolnick doesn't rap on it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 7:21 am

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

For me it's just the melodic wankery. Just give me some thrash. Formations was the first step down since The Ritual. Maybe Dave can add the muscle back.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 1:08 pm

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

For me it's just the melodic wankery. Just give me some thrash. Formations was the first step down since The Ritual. Maybe Dave can add the muscle back.

I kinda like the melodic aspect to balance the brute force, but nowadays… Alex gets on my nerves with his lame commentary.

That said… give me some crazy Slayer solos any day! There’s always a place for the whammy bar and feedback. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 7:58 am

New video for the song Curse of Osiris

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2023 4:03 pm

Live from June

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - Titans Of Creation
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4