Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - Titans Of Creation

Go down 
+17
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
7thSecond
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
glassprison
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lari
Witchfinder
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 3:35 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
One full time through, and pretty darn good. Up to their excellent par.

I agree. I've listened to it twice now. Another home run for them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:18 pm

My copy is on its way to me, along with the new Metal Church cd. Hope it won't take too long. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Gilbert wrote:
My copy is on its way to me, along with the new Metal Church cd. Hope it won't take too long. Can't wait.
Yeah, I didn't get mine either yet. I did feel like Testament once during the week and played the first half of Brotherhood of the Snake.

I'm ready.

Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 3a2a60546d4f3bc46d9254d2b4cc5a9e
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Since I was putting in an order for some other items from Amazon, I figured I'd throw in a copy of this while I was at it. Don't tell my wife.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Since I was putting in an order for some other items from Amazon, I figured I'd throw in a copy of this while I was at it. Don't tell my wife.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 7:32 pm

The general consensus so far is that this new album is very good. I definitely want a copy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 3:45 pm

It is very good, though I'm not sure I like it more than Brotherhood of The Snake. Needs some more listens before I can make any statement of fact. Either way, a solid Testament album.

When I was listening to the older Testament albums, I realized how badly those need to be remastered. The Legacy needs it the most as I had to have my headphone volume all the way up to hear it well (in between the Testament albums I had other albums and when Legacy finished, the next album almost blew out my ear drum). The ones up to The Ritual were not much better and even that one and Low could use a remaster.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 4:14 pm

I don't think a remaster would help the Legacy. That's how the instruments were recorded, you can't polish it that much. You can compress and use a brickwall limiter to increase volume, but that takes away some of the range.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Lari wrote:
I don't think a remaster would help the Legacy. That's how the instruments were recorded, you can't polish it that much. You can compress and use a brickwall limiter to increase volume, but that takes away some of the range.

That sucks. It's a great album, but the production hurts it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Lari wrote:

Remasters can be beneficial if they are done right. Not everyone “brick walls” the levels. A moderate boost of the volume and bass would make The Legacy sound better.

Listen to the Slayer remasters. They were enhanced without ruining the original recording.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 10:15 pm

So there is a way. I thought there might be. A while back I got a remaster of Queensryche-Empire and the sound was dramatically better than the original pressing I had.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 10:27 pm

There is a recent coloured vinyl print of the Legacy. Anyone have it and know what it sounds like?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2020 10:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
So there is a way. I thought there might be. A while back I got a remaster of Queensryche-Empire and the sound was dramatically better than the original pressing I had.
Empire was a big budget production though. They probably captured the instruments neat and clean, so it makes sense you can work with them a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 1:48 am

Lari wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Empire was a big budget production though. They probably captured the instruments neat and clean, so it makes sense you can work with them a bit more.

You’re both correct. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 9:16 am

If I remember correctly, our old friend Detuned explained the difference between a re-mix and a re-master.

Re-mastering cleans up the sound and boosts the levels of the master tracks, with all the instrumentation and vocals together. If the original tracks were poorly recorded, remastering won't help much, aside from making things louder or brickwalled.

Re-mixing requires access to all the instruments and vocals as individual tracks which can then be properly mixed and balanced, making for an overall better sound. But it's much harder for bands to have access to all those tracks and more expensive.

I think that's right. If anyone knows differently, please feel free to elaborate.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 2:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If I remember correctly, our old friend Detuned explained the difference between a re-mix and a re-master.

Re-mastering cleans up the sound and boosts the levels of the master tracks, with all the instrumentation and vocals together. If the original tracks were poorly recorded, remastering won't help much, aside from making things louder or brickwalled.

Re-mixing requires access to all the instruments and vocals as individual tracks which can then be properly mixed and balanced, making for an overall better sound. But it's much harder for bands to have access to all those tracks and more expensive.

I think that's right. If anyone knows differently, please feel free to elaborate.

I’d be fine with a remaster for The Legacy. It just needs a slight boost with the bass and volume levels. A re-mix would probably change the charm of the original recording.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Interesting review.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 11:27 am

This is really good shit. Catchy, but there's plenty of intricate little guitar things happening.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:22 am

Lari wrote:
This is really good shit. Catchy, but there's plenty of intricate little guitar things happening.

I'm enjoying this album as well. I've really enjoyed their last few, starting with Formation of Damnation. This new one is no exception. A+

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 10:06 am

Testament are one of the few old school bands that still got their chops and make quality albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 10:57 am

Expecting my copy this week. But since we will be on lockdown again as of tonight until Monday morning, i doubt I will get it soon. Next week probably.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:20 pm

Lari wrote:

There are certainly layers in this release. I hear something new each time I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 11:54 pm

I was shocked with the bad reviews it got on metal archives.

Haven't heard the entire album yet but the couple of samples i have checked so far are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - Titans Of Creation
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next