Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - Titans Of Creation

Go down 
+17
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
7thSecond
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
glassprison
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lari
Witchfinder
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 6:01 pm

I pre-ordered it earlier this week, and got notified that it shipped today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 8:37 pm

With limited touring available, the band is gonna really need more physical units and merch sold to survive. Unfortunately, some will probably struggle or call it quits if they can’t earn enough money to make it worth the effort.

I just hope the iconic and still relevant bands like Overkill, Testament and Flotsam & Jetsam can survive this terrible economic environment.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 10:16 pm

I was going to buy the album either way, but that's the best way to support bands during these hard times. Lucky for me, my workplace is paying me during the downtime.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 7:53 am

I had pre-ordered it but then canceled it because I was getting in my head about only spending money on essentials right now, in anticipation of economic issues.

I will probably end up ordering it though at some point.

Listening on Spotify now. It's so good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 8:21 am

I will stop ordering any new stuff for the time being too. I already have some old orders pending arrival.

But i will definitely buy this one at some point.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 am

Testament music is essential to help me forget my problems.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 11:30 am

I got the box set and this album smokes!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Yep great stuff here! What's included on the box set version?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Steve DiGiorgio has COVID-19:
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/testaments-steve-digiorgio-tests-positive-for-covid-19-death-angels-will-carroll-says-hes-recovering-after-coma-report/
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 12:48 pm

glassprison wrote:
Yep great stuff here! What's included on the box set version?

It has a double LP and a CD, a large booklet and a lenticular cover. No bonus tracks or anything unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 1:33 pm

Fun video clip:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39404

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 4:23 pm

I will be ordering it at some point but since I'm not working right now, it will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 4:41 pm

007 wrote:
I will be ordering it at some point but since I'm not working right now, it will have to wait.

I hope this outbreak doesn't last much longer. I need to get back to my daily routine and start buying music again.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

I hope this outbreak doesn't last much longer. I need to get back to my daily routine and start buying music again.

I've got one CD on the way, Metal Church's new one. I preordered it before I was forced to stop working.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 4:54 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Steve DiGiorgio has COVID-19:
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/testaments-steve-digiorgio-tests-positive-for-covid-19-death-angels-will-carroll-says-hes-recovering-after-coma-report/
Yeah, looks like a lot of the Testament band and crew are getting hit by this.

I am ordering this CD right now.

No delays or problems with deliveries around here.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 5:08 pm

I like that cover art a lot. Watercolour/oil (style) painting is much more appealing than those modern computerized deep-shadowed dynamic-effect laden blush cut-paste photoshop headaches. They are all too samey. This is much more pleasing to the eye.

I much prefer hand drawn to CGI. Too often the shades and the effects kill the actual big image the cover is trying to portray.

See:

Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 R-2973769-1309891478.jpeg

vs

Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 SharedImage-56368

Also, the Titans of Creation album cover reminds me of this statue in my home town called the Three Smiths:

Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Fi076-2

Yeah, I like art. Album cover art has always been a big part of metal music, and I feel the synthetic photoshop era has not been kind to it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 7:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Am I the only one not much impressed with their last few albums? I mean, they're good albums, but I feel like the last album to have really catchy songs was The Gathering. Those songs got stuck in my head, but everything since just kind of comes and goes. Good, but doesn't sink its teeth in quite like the stuff on The Gathering and earlier material.

Basically everything since Skolnick's return, which is weird to me.
Seven Seals is one of the best Testament songs, and thus one of the best metal songs, ever.

And "Neptune's Spear" is even better.

And those are just tracks from the last album. Formation of Damnation is even better. Puts 80's Metallica to shame. Just thrash metal bliss, nothing less.

Last edited by Lari on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 663

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 7:26 pm

I bought it the day it came out. Great album! I'm not going to let a virus, or anything, change my way of living. I'm still buying every new release that comes out that I want. I just bought the new Metal Church yesterday in fact. I also just bought the rereleased Retroactive Barren Cross CD's the other day. Well worth the dough for them for sure.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 9:32 pm

This came today! Looking forward to cranking. Opinion forthcoming...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 3:38 am

Lari wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Am I the only one not much impressed with their last few albums? I mean, they're good albums, but I feel like the last album to have really catchy songs was The Gathering. Those songs got stuck in my head, but everything since just kind of comes and goes. Good, but doesn't sink its teeth in quite like the stuff on The Gathering and earlier material.

Basically everything since Skolnick's return, which is weird to me.
Seven Seals is one of the best Testament songs, and thus one of the best metal songs, ever.

And "Neptune's Spear" is even better.

And those are just tracks from the last album. Formation of Damnation is even better. Puts 80's Metallica to shame. Just thrash metal bliss, nothing less.

Formation of Damnation is excellent indeed headbanger.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2020 4:27 am

Smooth grooves! I actually like this a bit more than Brotherhood of the Snake, which was also a fantastic album.

I'm with Lari, this is a classic winner.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Got mine in yesterday. Came as a surprise as Amazon said it wouldn't come in for another three weeks. I make my playlists a week in advance so it didn't make this round but next week I plan on adding it as part of a Testament marathon.

I haven't been disappointed with a Testament release since Demonic and that was just because at the time it came out I was burned out on death metal. I still consider it their weakest, but I don't hate it.

Looking forward to the marathon!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 10:03 pm

I haven't gotten around to picking this up yet, but have the album a listen this morning on YouTube. Really good sounding album. Can't wait to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Since I got the word that I start back to work on Monday, I decided to order it through Amazon. Although I won't be getting the cd for a couple of weeks, according to them, I do have the digital copy of it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 3:26 pm

One full time through, and pretty darn good. Up to their excellent par.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - Titans Of Creation   Testament - Titans Of Creation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - Titans Of Creation
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next