Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?

Go down 
+11
Thrasher73
Sword Of The Heretic
ZombieHavoc
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
anthrax_fan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Empty
PostSubject: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 9:21 pm

Your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 9:53 pm

Best news I've heard in the past few years. Christmas came a week early this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 10:01 pm

It's a nice little f***-you move, but an ultimately empty gesture. The Republican controlled Senate will never vote to remove their boy from office.
All this is gonna do is make the political divide in this country even worse.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 10:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's a nice f***-you move, but an ultimately empty gesture. The Republican controlled Senate will never vote to remove their boy from office.
All this is gonna do is make the political divide even worse.

Yep. That's all this is designed to do. F*** politics!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 10:29 pm

A total waste of time and tax dollars.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 1:19 am

It's a crock of shit, and I hope the dems pay the price next election.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 6:25 am

Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr and Obama all screwed this country behind the scenes and most people are willfully ignorant about it. Unlike those twats, Trump has actually kept some of his campaign promises (like ‘em or not).
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 8:51 am

November! I can't wait for November!

England a bellwether?

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 12:21 pm

I don't like Trump and am of the opinion he is insanely corrupt.

That said, from the very beginning I didn't think impeachment was the best option.

I would have rather let this battle be decided in the election next year.

The people who do not think the Ukraine stuff is a problem will not see it as a problem (unless someone from the other side did it--come on, you know if Obama did it, the republicans in congress would have went after him the same way). So nothing was really accomplished.

I also feel like at this point in this country's evolution, we don't always need this level of government by representation. If something occurs where a president is facing something like impeachment, maybe voters could vote on impeachment or not. People vote the president in, so let them decide is impeachment is something they want to do as well.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 12:35 pm

It's also worth noting that, for as much as impeachment will further divide this country, the leader of this country tweeted a meme stating "It's not me they're after, It's you."

For anyone who looks at certain political parties or media outlets and charges them with dividing the country, they also need to take a look at the actions of the guy leading.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Our government is the biggest embarrassment to this country. For the last 3 years, they have done nothing but whine that their chosen savior lost the election. Trump may not be the greatest human being on the planet, but he's the best damn Prez we've had since Reagan.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
Our government is the biggest embarrassment to this country. For the last 3 years, they have done nothing but whine that their chosen savior lost the election. Trump may not be the greatest human being on the planet, but he's the best damn Prez we've had since Reagan.

Depending on where you get your news from, it could appear that way. But Hillary has had nothing to do with this for a long time. Trump is still obsessed with her, but most of us have moved on, despite many in leadership still trying to investigate her over Benghazi (while staying mum on Trump's failed raids in Niger and Yemen to boot).

And I don't know about Reagan, man, but that's a moot point.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 2:18 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
"It's not me they're after, It's you."

I'd dare say most of the Conservatives (at least those who pay more than passing attention to politics/society, etc...) believe this.

I DO feel like the Left is trying to horribly alter certain things to fit their current state of mind, and if it means dismissing/getting rid of those in their way; so be it.

I present to you as evidence each of the Dem Debates to this point where the candidates are FALLING OVER THEMSELVES to show how progressive and woke they are.

Maybe we on the Right will be left behind? Maybe we're anachronistic? I take heart in what's taken place in England. Change is good, and inevitable (and certain change is obvious) but in the words of Lee Corso: "Not so fast!"

I appreciate everyone keeping it civil!!!
Please let's keep it civil here.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 2:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
"It's not me they're after, It's you."

I'd dare say most of the Conservatives (at least those who pay more then passing attention to politics/society, etc...) believe this.

I DO feel like the Left is trying to horribly alter certain things to fit their current state of mind, and if it means dismissing/getting rid of those in their way; so be it.

I present to you as evidence each of the Dem Debates to this point where the candidates are FALLING OVER THEMSELVES to show how progressive and woke they are.

I guess I see it different, but if we're gonna all buy into this perceived culture war, then what's the point I guess.

For all the crimes Trump has committed and lies he's told--big and sometimes weirdly small and unimportant to lie about--my biggest issue with the dude is he operates as if he is the president of only the people who voted for and support him, and I've never seen any other president, regardless of party, act like that. That was his position from day one. It's hard for me to rail against various news and media outlets for their divisive...

You know what? Nevermind.

At least there will be a new Body Count album in 2020.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 5:38 pm

I think it’s a joke! They’ve been after him since he took office. Wasting millions of our money on witch hunt after witch hunt. How bout they do what we put them in office to do, work for the American people. I think Congress needs to be impeached and removed from office.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 7:39 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I think it’s a joke! They’ve been after him since he took office. Wasting millions of our money on witch hunt after witch hunt. How bout they do what we put them in office to do, work for the American people. I think Congress needs to be impeached and removed from office.

As soon as one political party takes office or has power, the opposite party spends all their time and energy fighting them. Nothing gets done. It’s a endless stalemate!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 9:02 am

Well, the House has passed a lot of bills. Mitch McConnell is just letting them all die. So clearly some people in congress have been working for the American people. Mitch McConnell, like Trump and the other billionaire elites, just doesn't give a shit about the American People.

I do love Christianity Today's editorial about Trump's morality. I also love all the comments underneath about how God choosing an imperfect vessel. Liking Trump is one thing. Believing he to be some sort of vessel for God though--I can't take this shit seriously.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 11:43 am

SCOTUS

That's what this is about for me. Also, more people than you think. Like it or not, SCOTUS shapes so much.

SO - A sort of "conscientious objector" type vote for anyone but the Republican Candidate makes it more likely that things won't go the way I want it with SCOTUS.

I voted for Cruz in the primaries because he much more closely aligned with my beliefs. Cruz didn't win, Trump did. Trump has the power to APPOINT. That's it. So even a "protest" vote for some Independent that has no prayer, for me, isn't the way to go. Too many of those and we (Conservatives) live out our nightmare, instead of you (Progressives). Very Happy

That's it. Once the Primaries are done it's Go Time and in my opinion no time for principled"statement" votes.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 11:54 am

At this point, it's probably just best to split the country in half.

Therer's little reason to try working together any more.

I will give it to the right for one thing though: Supreme Court, as you said. I could not believe those on the left who refused to vote because they hated Hillary. Hillary, like Trump, would've been president for only 4 to 8 years, but a judge has a lasting impact. It's insane to me that someone who hated Trump and was left leaning would not vote and accept the possibility that Trump would be able to fill the seats that arose, including one that was guaratneed due to McConnell's partisan bullshittery treatment of Merrick Garland (as retaliation for that, I'm good with Pelosi withholding the impeachment vote from senate for a long, long time).

The people who abstained from voting because of Hillary granted Trump the power to appoint judges that will impede on human rights for decades. That sure showed Hillary!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 11:59 am

Hopefully in 2020, the left can do away with this purity test bullshit. One of the country's worst people has been elected to the highest office in the land and is one of the worst president's in recent memory. At this point, I could care less how corrupt the democratic candidate might be. As long as they can EO the shit out of some of Trump's policies as Trump did with Obama's.

As for the tax cut, not much to do there, but wait for the bottom to fall out, because trickle down economics don't work and those billionaires and big corporations that got the huge tax cuts don't give a shit about us.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
t judges that will impede on human rights for decades.

Opinion.

In our opinion, that's what we avoided. Being trampled.

So... don\'t know

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 12:26 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
t judges that will impede on human rights for decades.

Opinion.

In our opinion, that's what we avoided. Being trampled.

So... don\'t know

Again, we just need to split the country. America's a joke to the rest of the world now anyway. Trump can rule you guys forever on your half, and we'll figure something out on our half.

A dem will be prez again at some point. I'm looking forward to all the executive orders that are gonna be coming down on that day. Then things will be semi-okay again for 4 to 8 years, until the next republican is elected and the cycle begins anew. Trump has definitely implemented a lot of unprecedented stuff that future presidents will fully utilize and point to him as justification.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 1:35 pm

That's just it. There's this crazy belief that we want to be "ruled by Trump." Nonsense! We just don't want the hard Left to "rule" either. My political leanings actually skew very center-right, with some things overlapping, but it seems that the Left, especially the last 5-7 years have LURCHED further to the Left.

I actually think it's not as bad as the MSM makes it out to be. (Or you; I don't want to "split the nation." Anyhow, who would get what? Smile )

Ignore MSM. Ignore Twitter. The crazies on both ends of the Right and Left scream the loudest and make everyone both look bad, and wring their hands.

I find it fascinating when people say we're "a joke to the rest of the world" when people are still trying to flood in here by the MILLIONS from places literally around the Globe. If we're such a joke you'd think we'd have a net loss in population, and certainly not people storming the gates.

What do you make of what's happening in the UK?

Good chat, bro.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 1:52 pm

If you can't see the world laughing at us because of Trump, not sure what to say. But whatever on that--who cares really, I'm not out to change anyone's mind on anything. It's 2019 and we are partisan to the grave.

As for the UK, Boris Johnson is a joke almost as much as Trump, and Brexit is definitely the product of lies and manipulation.

I think the UK is just as screwed as the US in its current leadership. Their elections to me are crazy seeming though and I have a hard time wrapping my head around them. They make about as much as sense as the electoral college, which is to say, none.

For whatever reason, people don't seem to want leaders that actually place working citizens as a priority. We seem to vote to keep the rich happy and hope they give us their crumbs.

Just baffling.

Two funny things I've seen over the past 48 hours are: more than one person believing that if Trump is acquited by the senate, which he will be (we partisan!), that he is entitled to a third term. Thanks Mike Huckabee! He is the worst and people are so stupid--like, this shit is easily google-able. And also another well-informed citizen who is quite adamant that the end result of this is to remove Trump, get Pence as Prez, the house appoint Hillary as VP, and then to impeach Pence, with the deep state finally realizing their true dream of having Hillary as president. Man, news in the internet age has really done a number on people.

It's no wonder things are...the way they are.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 1:56 pm

I'm writing this in as good of faith as I can: It seems if an election doesn't go your way, it's because of lies, evil, manipulation. It's because tens upon tens of millions of people are idiots. Your side is populated with angelic geniuses. That's baffling to me. Very Happy

So, yeah. I'm not trying to change your mind either, just chatting. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?    Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trump impeached on U.S.A. , "fair" decision ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next