Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys

Go down 
+19
Lurideath
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
Eyesore
Olafsto
brokentulsa
martinsane
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Gilbert
Troublezone
glassprison
Required Fields
Sword Of The Heretic
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 5:22 am

In typical Quiet Riot fashion, the mask is pre-order only and will ship AFTER Halloween!:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PREORDER AND THE MASK WILL SHIP IN NOVEMBER. ONCE A PRE-ORDER IS PLACED NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS WILL BE ACCEPTED."

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 9:03 am

Update on Frankie...

"In the past six weeks I've spent three of those weeks in the hospital one week each time. The first due to a blood infection requiring a 6 hour blood transfusion. The second was due to a blockage of my gall bladder caused by the tumor in my liver. The third was due to a blockage of my stomach caused by the tumor in my pancreas. I had to have a tube inserted down my nose and throat into my stomach to drain fluid due to the blockage. I've had several medical procedures while hospitalized. I'm on a low fat liquid only diet which means that I have daily IV's for nutritional supplement along with IV's to bolster my immune system.

"There's more but these are the highlights...
"Chemo #20 is scheduled for Tuesday. Through it all I'm still working on my art and still beating the drums like they owe me money! I'm as positive as ever and each one of you are a part of why I continue to fight the good fight!"

Read more here...
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/quiet-riots-frankie-banali-says-chemotherapy-has-taken-his-hair-but-he-remains-as-positive-as-ever/

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Man, I really feel for him and anyone suffering such a fate. It really makes ya think how none of know how much time we have left on this earth. Without getting all mushy on us, I always think of the advice a former co worker gave me. He said, no man on his death bed ever said he wished he had one more day so he could go to work. I put in my 40+ each week like you guys and work hard at being a good father and husband and do my darndest to get to service on Sundays. But, I don't bleed for a company that doesn't care about me in the least. I am a valued employee, but my time with family and alone means far more to me than anything else. Anyway, rant over. To the music.

I have loved QR since I was pre teen and Metal Health was probably the first Metal record/ tape I ever bought (I know I put 1984 as first cassette purchased, but this album is heavier). This album (and the newest Live In Milan?) are the only missing pieces in my QR collection. I still listen to Rehab, Alive and Well, Terrified, and Down to Bone almost as much as I listen to the first three Pasha release. Maybe it's that those albums had Dubrow singing lead and the last few offerings obviously don't or maybe it's just the "spirit" of the band was still there throughout the 90's and up until Rehab in '06? I don't know. What I do know is, I wish Frankie had joined another band or started his own and didn't call it Quiet Riot. This collection of musicians is not the QR we all knew and loved.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 6:28 pm

I hope Frankie gets better and recovers. What he's going through is hell man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Frankie Banali can't get a break. Now he's had a stroke on top of the cancer battle:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/quiet-riots-frankie-banali-in-recovery-after-suffering-stroke/

He must've really pissed somebody off in a past life.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Frankie Banali can't get a break. Now he's had a stroke on top of the cancer battle:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/quiet-riots-frankie-banali-in-recovery-after-suffering-stroke/

He must've really pissed somebody off in a past life.

His health has really taken a nose dive the last couple of years. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Frankie has passed at 68. His battle with cancer has ended.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 3:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Frankie has passed at 68. His battle with cancer has ended.

I was just coming to post this. R.I.P. sir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Quiet Riot just announced a bunch of tour dates for Fall 2020 and into 2021 on their FB, so it looks like they're gonna keep on keepin' on.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quiet Riot just announced a bunch of tour dates for Fall 2020 and into 2021 on their FB, so it looks like they're gonna keep on keepin' on.

Any idea who will be on drums?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 9:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm not overly interested in them (and haven't been for a long time) but more power to them, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Any idea who will be on drums?

Johnny Kelly (Danzig/Type O) was filling in when Frankie got sick, I would assume he's still the guy.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:14 am

So is Carlos still doing the "Rough Riot" band with Shortino?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 am

I find it rather amusing that they still keep going.

If this lineup makes a new album, it will only sell about eight more copies under the Quiet Riot name than it would by the same lineup under a different band name.

If they tour, maybe twelve more tickets will be sold to the shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 am

I have said before, but after Kevin DuBrow died, they should have buried the name with him. I do like Quiet Riot and they will always have place in metal history books, but even when DuBrow was alive, their album sales were modest and they played in clubs, small theaters, no shame in that.

Banali was an excellent drummer and big part of the sound of Quiet Riot, I did not like they fact he wanted to revive the name but I get it, he can get more gigs and more income under the name Quiet Riot than say Banali, plus he worked under the name Quiet Riot most of his professional life, so I suppose he felt entitled to the use of the name, but those last two albums are terrible.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 4:00 pm

Unless Carlos Cavazo or Rudy Sarzo get involved, this band is very unauthentic at this point.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 am

Less than a week ago, it was announced that Quiet Riot was going to continue even though band leader and long-time drummer Frankie Banali passed away a couple of weeks ago. The Quiet Riot line-up now consists of bassist Chuck Wright, guitarist Alex Grossi, lead vocalist Jizzy Pearl and drummer Johnny Kelly. Some have wondered whether Quiet Riot should continue without at least one classic line-up member given that bassist Rudy Sarzo and guitarist Carlos Cavazo are still alive and played on the band’s biggest albums including Metal Health (1983) and Condition Critical (1984).
Sarzo, who has been very close to Banali over the years, posted the following message on his Facebook account three days ago in support of the latest Quiet Riot incarnation (and after a message posted by Grossi):
“I fully support and applaud all incarnations of Quiet Riot and my brothers who keep the flame of it’s legacy shining bright. “
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 2:13 pm

Carlos Cavazo sez it's "stupid" for Quiet Riot to continue without any of the classic-era members:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/carlos-cavazo-on-quiet-riot-continuing-without-any-members-of-classic-lineup-i-think-its-stupid-for-somebody-to-do-that/

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Carlos Cavazo sez it's "stupid" for Quiet Riot to continue without any of the classic-era members:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/carlos-cavazo-on-quiet-riot-continuing-without-any-members-of-classic-lineup-i-think-its-stupid-for-somebody-to-do-that/

I agree with him. It’s just a glorified cover band now. It kinda already was when Kevin died... now it’s ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I agree with him.

When I saw the article on Blabbermouth, I said "Carlos speaks for us all." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I agree with him.

When I saw the article on Blabbermouth, I said "Carlos speaks for us all." Laughing very hard

Carlos knew the band died with Kevin.

Frankie just wanted to play and it’s almost impossible to start fresh with a new name and band. Unfortunately, you can’t polish a turd and say it’s the real deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4