Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys

Go down 
+19
Lurideath
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
Eyesore
Olafsto
brokentulsa
martinsane
Dark Horseman
nevermore
Gilbert
Troublezone
glassprison
Required Fields
Sword Of The Heretic
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm

After playing some of that song above I checked Amazon Prime for Road Rage and you can download or stream for free. I only made it 3 songs before bailing on it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 pm

This band is done!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 8:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
This band is done!

Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 12:09 am

After listening to those 2 songs, this is garbage!! The last album sucked and this is already worse!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 6:41 am

I haven't even bothered to listen to that 2nd track. The first one was bad enough.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 10:39 am

Troublezone wrote:
This band is done!

This band was done in 1987!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 10:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
This band is done!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
This band is done!

I wouldn’t argue that... but I might even go further and say after “Condition Critical” (a fitting title).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 12:33 pm

There is no one left with any particular talent or songwriting skills in this band. Randy Rhoads ended up being one of the most celebrated guitarists ever, and Carlos Cavazo is no slouch either!

Also Kevin’s voice which was pretty good and identifiable. But at the end of the day, they were famous for two cover songs.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Quote :
I wouldn’t argue that... but I might even go further and say after “Condition Critical” (a fitting title).

There were always a few a really cool songs on QR albums through to Rehab, the last album Kevin appeared on.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Troublezone wrote:
This band is done!

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 4:58 am

I was always shocked how Quiet Riot went downhill - consistently.
Many 80's bands did NOT want to end up like they did. One album and done.
" Bang Your Head " was originally called " No More Booze ". Good trivia question.
Sad that Kevin Dubrow died of a cocaine overdose in Vegas. Net worth was 9 million dollars.
I did find it funny how he was obviously going bald - then had hair like Tina Turner.
He did the Elton John thing - lol -
anyways L.A Guns had Hollywood Vampires - great album. Q.R = Hollywierd Cowboys ? NO !!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 4:37 pm

One more story. I went to see this band practice once every 3 weeks. In the early 90s.
Large practice room, in the city, I’d show up on Sunday - 5pm or so.
5 foot high drum riser. Marshall’s either side. Girlie photos. Jack Daniels bottles.
Seeing them practice was like seeing a concert. And they knew other top bands. Etc.
Well, one time I was there, this visitor asked guitarist if he could play his guitar. A typical dude.
He strums some chords - then jazz chords - then some classical etc
Then he plays - out of nowhere “ Battleaxe “ by QR. mind you, this was played loud.
Everyone began smiling and admiring him. I will always remember that !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 am

Frankie Banali explains why he's been sitting out recent QR gigs:

http://sleazeroxx.com/quiet-riot-drummer-frankie-banali-battling-stage-four-pancreatic-cancer-since-april-17th/

"I just want to let all of my friends and fans know what’s going on with me and why I have unfortunately missed some appearances this year. Since April 17th I have been battling stage four pancreatic cancer.

The original prognosis was very scary. I had quite a battle on my hands and it took a lot, but I am thankful to say that after several rounds of chemo and other treatments I am on the mend. The road ahead is not going to be easy but cancer has met its match and I plan to continue fighting. I wish I could have been with you all at every Quiet Riot performance as this is the first time in 38 years I have ever missed a gig.

Please know that if I had been able to fly on a plane and play a show nothing else would have stopped me. I am feeling much better and stronger now.

I intend to play the Quiet Riot concert at the Whiskey A Go Go on Saturday October 26th and to continue touring in 2020 with Quiet Riot, so I hope to see you there. I appreciate all the fans that support Quiet Riot by coming to shows and I hope you will all continue that support as well as keeping me in your thoughts and prayers."

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

http://sleazeroxx.com/quiet-riot-drummer-frankie-banali-battling-stage-four-pancreatic-cancer-since-april-17th/

"I just want to let all of my friends and fans know what’s going on with me and why I have unfortunately missed some appearances this year. Since April 17th I have been battling stage four pancreatic cancer.

The original prognosis was very scary. I had quite a battle on my hands and it took a lot, but I am thankful to say that after several rounds of chemo and other treatments I am on the mend. The road ahead is not going to be easy but cancer has met its match and I plan to continue fighting. I wish I could have been with you all at every Quiet Riot performance as this is the first time in 38 years I have ever missed a gig.

Please know that if I had been able to fly on a plane and play a show nothing else would have stopped me. I am feeling much better and stronger now.

I intend to play the Quiet Riot concert at the Whiskey A Go Go on Saturday October 26th and to continue touring in 2020 with Quiet Riot, so I hope to see you there. I appreciate all the fans that support Quiet Riot by coming to shows and I hope you will all continue that support as well as keeping me in your thoughts and prayers."

Crazy. Glad he's on the mend.

I'm having a hard time understanding why so many rock stars succumb to cancer. Or is it just me and it's no more uncommon than with any other group of people?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 6:00 am

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Crazy. Glad he's on the mend.

I'm having a hard time understanding why so many rock stars succumb to cancer. Or is it just me and it's no more uncommon than with any other group of people?

You just hear about it more because these people are famous, or more famous.

Either way, stage four cancer of any kind is hard to beat. =(
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 6:12 am

That sucks. Here's to wishing him the best.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 6:28 am

Jizzy on vocals. No Frankie. Basically a tribute band using the name.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Terrible news. And it makes sense why he hasn't been with the band now. I could never fault someone for not necessarily wanting to make news like that public right away. It's just too bad everything has worked out the way it did (Frankie publicly bashing fans who criticized the lineup on social media, for instance). It will be interesting to see what happens going forward, i.e if they will starting pitching it as QR "featuring longtime member Alex Grossi" or something like that, and brushing aside the fact that there are no members from the classic lineup.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Terrible news, I hope he beats the cancer so than I can go tell him how shitty his version of Quiet Riot is
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 pm

They should of put the band to rest after Kevin’s last album “Rehab”. It was actually a pretty good album!

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 11:34 am

This is the Quiet Riot I want to remember. This footage is from the 2005 Rock Never Stops Tour with Firehouse, Quiet Riot, RATT, and Cinderella (ironically RATT was the one with Jizzy Pearl on vocals back then).

Two years before Kevin died. He could still really command the stage.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 1:10 pm

https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/quiet-riot-metal-health-mask.html
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 1:48 am

I remember back in ‘84 when Quiet Riot was very popular, I was at the local mall around Halloween and they had the mask. I imagine it was just an old school cheap plastic one with the stapled rubber band string.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys   Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet Riot - Hollywood Cowboys
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next