Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst cover song by a metal band?

Go down 
+29
SideShowDisaSter
kmorg
James B.
rattpoison
TrogDawn
DeathCult
MetalRob331
nevermore
jstate
Follower of Jesus
candlemass
EvyMetal
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
AchrisK
T-Roy
the sentinel
ultmetal
MoonChild
mc666
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
Lurideath
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
exact33
caniplaywithmadness?
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:56 pm

decapitate wrote:
I, um, kinda like Priest's cover of Johnny B Goode. Embarassed

Me too! I never understand all the hate for that song. Its one of my favorite Priest songs! They are blistering in that song.

Stryper's Shining Star is also one of my favorite of their songs. Great cover!

Another GREAT cover is Metallica's cover of Stone Cold Crazy.

There, now that I've discussed some of my favorites, back to the topic of the WORST covers. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:39 am

Judas Priest - Johnny B. Goode.... They made a song that rock sucking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:43 am

Megadeth - Anarchy In The UK and Problems

Dave Mustaine took 2 whiney vocaled punk songs and made them into whiney vocaled metal songs and failed miserably. Anarchy in the UK is the only turd on So Far So Good So What for me. Problems sticks out like a sore thumb on Hidden Treasures.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:47 am

spectrefate wrote:

Dave Mustaine took 2 whiney vocaled punk songs and made them into whiney vocaled metal songs and failed miserably. Anarchy in the UK is the only turd on So Far So Good So What for me. Problems sticks out like a sore thumb on Hidden Treasures.

I kinda liked "Problems"... can take or leave "Anarchy in the UK" though.

At least Megadeth's version of "Anarchy" is better than Motley Crue's cover (on the "Decade of Decadence" compilation)... sick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I kinda liked "Problems"... can take or leave "Anarchy in the UK" though.

At least Megadeth's version of "Anarchy" is better than Motley Crue's cover (on the "Decade of Decadence" compilation)... sick

I had no problems with the Megadeth versions, but yea, Motley doing of "Anarchy..." was terrible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:54 am

Speaking of bad Megadeth cover versions, their take on "Paranoid" on the NATIVITY IN BLACK Sabbath tribute is pretty barf inducing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:57 am

I think mc666 mentioned Megadeth's "cover" of No More Mr Nice Guy earlier and I totally agree.

People should leave Cooper songs alone. You will never be better or even close than Alice.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Speaking of bad Megadeth cover versions, their take on "Paranoid" on the NATIVITY IN BLACK Sabbath tribute is pretty barf inducing.

No WAAAAI!!!!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:25 am

I listened to Dream Theater's renditions of Metallica's Master of Puppets CD the other day and I seriously think James LaBrie should not be singing that kind of music. The cover of Orion was alright, but I thought they could have done way better.

Also, Sanctuary's cover of White Rabbit is not that great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:03 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

No WAAAAI!!!!

Great cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:23 am

[quote="AchrisK"]Hallows Eve covering Sheer Heart Attack (Queen) is totally gay.

smurf poo, I liked that version.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:23 am

oops, double post
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:52 am

Not the worst exactly, but ones I just never liked for some reason.

House of Lords - Can't Find My Way Home
Used to love the rest of the album but it got old real quick with this track being on the local rock station every hour.

Bruce Dickinson - All The Young Dudes
Nothing wrong with it other than it just seemed strange to me to have Bruce singing some of those lyrics. Like one of these doesn't belong with the other somehow.

Jackyl - We're An American Band
Just too uninspired (no chainsaw?) and too faithful to the original.

Doro - White Wedding
And I'm someone who actually loved her version of Whiter Shade Of Pale.

I'll also agree with Anthrax - God Save The Queen; though their version of Got The Time might be my favorite metal cover.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:18 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I listened to Dream Theater's renditions of Metallica's Master of Puppets CD the other day and I seriously think James LaBrie should not be singing that kind of music. The cover of Orion was alright, but I thought they could have done way better.

Also, Sanctuary's cover of White Rabbit is not that great.

I agree that James LaBrie just wasn't quite right for Metallica, however the idea of a band covering an entire album, as an encore to a regular show no lees, was just awesome.

And I wasn't too crazy about that White Rabbit cover either, although I wouldn't considder it "one of the worst ever"

I like Megadeth's version of Paranoid.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Saxon's version of Ride Like The Wind.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:39 pm

wow a lot of these covers i loved.

Life of Agonys cover of Dont u forget about me i thought was killer.
Sonatas cover of Still Loving You and Wind Beneath my Wings i loved.
Machine Head message i loved as well

The one that comes to my mind is Children of Bodom - The Final Countdown
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:56 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

The one that comes to my mind is Children of Bodom - The Final Countdown

wow, I almost forgot, If anyone has the Japanese edition of Are You Dead Yet? they cover brittany spears' "Oops I Did It Again"!!! that is a funny song when done by COB
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm

even though its not metal i started putting in my old 90's cd and NIN was one of them and i remember Johnny Cash version of Hurt and i dont know if its just me nut thats one horrendous cover. I think what turns me off so much about it is his voice, never was a big fan though..
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:46 pm

The only Megadeth cover out of those that I didn't really care for was "Anarchy In The UK"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:48 pm

I don't think is a Megadeth cover i don't like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:14 pm

I agree! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 3:12 pm

Slayer "Born To Be Wild"

disgusting! blasphemic!

Another cover I really hate is made by my absolute FAVORITE band W.A.S.P. "Paint It Black" (originally by The Rolling Stones)

sorry for that, blackie
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 3:37 pm

SadisticExecutioner wrote:

Another cover I really hate is made by my absolute FAVORITE band W.A.S.P. "Paint It Black" (originally by The Rolling Stones)

That's actually my favorite W.A.S.P. cover tune.

I've also heard "Paint It Black" done by Vicious Rumors and Glenn Tipton, and trust me, W.A.S.P.'s version is the best of that lot Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've also heard "Paint It Black" done by Vicious Rumors and Glenn Tipton, and trust me, W.A.S.P.'s version is the best of that lot Smile

hahaha, so the others must be really worse!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 am

Sonata Artica covering Helloween's I Want Out. No surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst cover song by a metal band?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next