Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst cover song by a metal band?

Go down 
+29
SideShowDisaSter
kmorg
James B.
rattpoison
TrogDawn
DeathCult
MetalRob331
nevermore
jstate
Follower of Jesus
candlemass
EvyMetal
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
AchrisK
T-Roy
the sentinel
ultmetal
MoonChild
mc666
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
Lurideath
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
exact33
caniplaywithmadness?
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 11:12 am

AchrisK wrote:
Hallows Eve covering Sheer Heart Attack (Queen) is totally gay.
I agree. Just filler. The worst song on that album. Or is it Rot Gut? Hmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 1:15 pm

I don't like OCT 31's version of Wrecking Crew. Totally sloppy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 am

definately blitzkrieg by metallica(hehehe)....and sure all the covers of that white rabbit track....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:06 am

syrus wrote:
definately blitzkrieg by metallica(hehehe)....and sure all the covers of that white rabbit track....

I like Metallica's version of "Blitzkrieg" better than the original, which I also have.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:24 am

Anyone heard Slayer's Born To Be Wild? Thats pretty awful.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 am

mc666 wrote:

No More Mr. Nice Guy by Megadeth
Bring The Noise by Anthrax

Respectfully disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:31 am

decapitate wrote:
I, um, kinda like Priest's cover of Johnny B Goode. Embarassed
Me too, bro.

Styper's Shining star ain't my cup o' tea.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:40 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:

I've heard RAVEN's version and it rules! As well, Riot pull off a great version of that song.

SLAYER's cover of "In A Gadda Da Vida" is fun.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 am

While I wouldn't necessarily put these in the "worst ever" category, I never liked Anthrax's version of I'm Eighteen and God Save the Queen. They have done allot of great covers over the years, but those 2 stick out like sore thumbs in their otherwise quality catalog of remakes. And singing about a British monarch when you're from New York just seems silly, but I guess that was part of the joke.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Ult, you might be able to help with this one, there was a christian metal band back in the early 90's with a female singer that did a cover of Wayward Son. Our guitarist thought it was the coolest thing he had ever heard, I personally thought it stunk, he played it in the car for months & drove me nuts. Does anyone remember the name of the band???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:48 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
Ult, you might be able to help with this one, there was a christian metal band back in the early 90's with a female singer that did a cover of Wayward Son. Our guitarist thought it was the coolest thing he had ever heard, I personally thought it stunk, he played it in the car for months & drove me nuts. Does anyone remember the name of the band???

I'm not ult, but I think it was Critical Mass.

Oh you said early 90's. I didnt see that. My bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:02 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
decapitate wrote:
Me too, bro.

Anything by Stryper is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:42 pm

I'm gonna say it's Overkill's "cover" of Heaven & Hell/The Ripper at the end of their album: W.F.O. That's just the one of the worst things I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:13 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I'm gonna say it's Overkill's "cover" of Heaven & Hell/The Ripper at the end of their album: W.F.O. That's just the one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Yea, they sound like they're drunk as skunks during that little "jam session." Funny to listen to once, but not worth hearing ever again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I've heard RAVEN's version and it rules! As well, Riot pull off a great version of that song.

I wish the version Ozzy did dident have miss Piggy all over it, its funny.... but I'd like to hear it as the song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:25 am

metal hammer wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
decapitate wrote:
Me too, bro.

Anything by Stryper is pretty bad.

That's a negative.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:31 am

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

i agree.. i didn't know they did Born To Be Wild.

caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:59 am

any metal covers of punk songs are always bad. theres that silly trend of metal bands covering sex pistols
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:31 am

mc666 wrote:
Good Times, Bad Times by Nuclear Assault
Don't You Forget About Me by Life Of Agony

Ohhh Smurf! I don't believe that!!
No More Mr. Nice Guy by Megadeth is FUNCKIN' AWSOME!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:53 pm

"Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit. Worst cover ever. How dare those no-talent corporate idiots butcher such a good song.... Mad Korn's cover of "Another Brick In The Wall" comes close.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:55 pm

cabelo.maniac wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Good Times, Bad Times by Nuclear Assault
Don't You Forget About Me by Life Of Agony

Ohhh Smurf! I don't believe that!!
No More Mr. Nice Guy by Megadeth is FUNCKIN' AWSOME!!

Fully expecting to get rotten tomatoes thrown at me, I'm going to say, I like Anthrax "Bring the Noise".

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:58 pm

So do I. One of the very few decent rap songs.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Fully expecting to get rotten tomatoes thrown at me, I'm going to say, I like Anthrax "Bring the Noise".

hey, i like that song as well. I'll just throw tomatoes just to throw 'em
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I like that one too. In fact, I even like the original version by Public Enemy. Chuck D. gots MAD flow y'knowwhatumsayin'?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Mometo Mori - Animal Magnatism

Messiah totaly butchered this! sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song by a metal band?   Worst cover song by a metal band? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst cover song by a metal band?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next