Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst cover song EVER!

Go down 
+12
Troublezone
kmorg
Mglaffas81
candlemass
Follower of Jesus
Glenn Rogers
Smindas
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Worst cover song EVER! Empty
PostSubject: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:13 pm

I don't like posting negative things or being a negative person, but this song is HORRENDOUS! HAHAHA I don't think it gets any worse than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7I0E86wl9I
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Yikes... that band should be tarred and feathered for that travesty!!! I turned it off after the first minute!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:19 pm

HAHAHA I made it to the half way point and had to turn it off. Its so horrible its funny!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Yuck!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:29 pm

haha I knew you wouldn't like it!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:33 pm

I've heard worse: some of the bands on some of the Dwell records tributes.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:10 pm

Wow! horrible, just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:12 pm

Fightstar are a terrible band. They were formed by one member of a British pop band called Busted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWW-kEqjDs for the unawares) after they broke up. I think I prefer Busted to Fightstar... which is arguably one of the most depressing things I've ever said.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 7:17 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I don't like posting negative things or being a negative person, but this song is HORRENDOUS! HAHAHA I don't think it gets any worse than this.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7I0E86wl9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7I0E86wl9I[/quote[/url]]

You are right about that...Really SUCKS...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:14 pm

I think its pretty decent! They honor the original by keeping the melody, but they make it their own at the same time. I suspect most of you only think this sucks because you hate the style of music this cover band plays. So taking a classic and putting into that style sounds bad to you. I can understand that...believe me. I've felt the same at other times.

But on this one, I disagree. I think this band did a pretty cool job on this song.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:34 pm

I don't much care for this song anymore at all, just wore it to death back in the day, Like ToB said, I've heard worse.......much worse!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:30 am

...that is horrible! argh...nearly as horrible as Snoop Dogg's rap rendition on "Sad but True" ! Ironically...that is exactly what it (anf this) is..
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:06 am

Rap version of Sad But True? That could actually work. Look at American Badass. It's not that bad.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:17 am

Lurideath wrote:

That entire post is the understatement of the year! lol!

Seriously though, I sat through a tribute disc called Rough Diamonds - A tribute To Running Wild yesterday (it can be downloaded for free from the official Running Wild website), and it was THE worst crap I've ever heard. Only 2 songs sounded good, and 1 of them I already had (the Highland Glory rendition of Conquistatores).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:41 am

Smindas wrote:
Rap version of Sad But True? That could actually work. Look at American Badass. It's not that bad.

Yeah, well seeing Snoop Dogg pransing around with his rediculous big necklaces and his way too big clothes, mocking one of the greatest and most influencial heavy bands of all time, is just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:05 am

Lame name to match!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:17 am

How the Smurf can a song like that be so bad?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 3:13 am

Lurideath wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7I0E86wl9I

the beginning is alright, until the singer kicks in. and then i thought i could stand it until the chorus... THIS SUCKS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:21 pm

i've just remembered 2 more...

metallica- the small hours
gamma ray- heavy metal mania

edited

Last edited by on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:52 pm

Oh, that's hilarious! You changed the first 2 letters of Gamma Ray and made a funny. Congratulations!!

Can you make balloon animals too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Oh, that's hilarious! You changed the first 2 letters of Gamma Ray and made a funny. Congratulations!!

Can you make balloon animals too?

oups, sorry, my mistake....i'll change it...i'm prisoner of habbit ya know...
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:08 am

What? They made it nu-metal and totally changed the song from how it is SUPPOSED to sound. Then they added that verse guitar...whatever that was, and that was OF COURSE NOT horrible. Then they had the guy SAY the chorus and then scream it for no reason. There's no possible way that that could make it ferociously horrible and unlistenable!

MAN, nu-metallers just can't seem to understand METAL for some reason. It's not what they're doing, I'll tell you that much. I think it's retarded that guys OLDER than me that are in nu-metal bands don't understand metal but yet I'm younger than a LOT of people in these bands and I KNOW when I hear metal and when I hear crap. That was not metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:37 am

Ha Fightstar aren't nu-metal, their more proggy post-hardcore. But anyway the cover wasn't horrible (but not good), at least they put their own unique stamp on it. No song is so sacred that a certain band or performer can't cover it, including the already lame 'Breaking The Law'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:48 am

That "Breaking The Law" cover is actually cool in parts. The chorus is pretty lame in the beginning, but the heavy part is cool. Also, the verses are pretty emo gay, but I like how they changed up the music.

I actually would never listen to this song, but I appreciate their different take on it. I like covers that change it up. But this is the difference between a good band and a bad band. Killswitch Engage, arguably a similar band in style, did a killer version of "Holy Diver." It didn't look good on paper, but they did a great cover. Still Remains did an excellent metalcore cover of NIN's "Head Like A Hole." Again, it seems like a bad idea, but they pulled it off.

This Fightstar (what kind of lame ass name is that?) cover is like an ugly chick that's about a thousand DNA twists away from being hot...with really nice boobs.

Last edited by on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:49 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Yeah, well seeing Snoop Dogg pransing around with his rediculous big necklaces and his way too big clothes, mocking one of the greatest and most influencial heavy bands of all time, is just horrible.
Snoop's version was indeed terrible. Kid Rock made a great song out of "Sad But True." That's right, I said it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst cover song EVER!   Worst cover song EVER! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst cover song EVER!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: