Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinnie tries again!

Go down 
+12
Glower
Lurideath
glassprison
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
manny
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 pm

So where are the pictures or videos or anything that shows this actually happened?

So Vinnie made all the food? Really!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 am

There are no videos from the actual event. There are some photos on the VV forum but that's it. The photos are from the meet and greet and not of him playing. I watched some (but not all) of each video (they are quite long) and they all basically say the same thing:

-We waited at a hotel thinking it would be there
-We got a text to appear at SIR
-We heard a guitar playing behind closed doors (there is a fake video going around of the playing that isn't Vinnie).
-Doors opened and he was on a stage with lights and was playing and smiling at everyone.
-He can still "shred".
-There were about 25 people there.
-Vinnie said that he made all the food (maybe he really did, I don't know, don't really care).
-Lasted til 1:00AM while he answered questions.
-He is planning a Christmas Jam with a band.

FYI: "we" doesn't refer to ME as I wasn't there, just a quick review of the videos so you don't have to waste your time watching them.

Pics are here: https://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8277&sid=abe045451d86191da7e18d0082884080

The guy in the first pic is in one of the videos.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 5:16 am

Organizers of the Kruise Fest have announced that they rejected a request from Vinnie Vincent to perform at the event this year, following his appearance at the 2018 festival.
The former KISS guitarist made a rare live appearance at the festival last year, which is staged in advance of the legendary band's annual KISS Kruise.
Organizers state that representatives for Vincent approached the Kruise Fest organizers about the guitarist performing at this year's event and they "respectfully declined".
Promoter Joe D'Angelo spoke with the Decibel Geek podcast while in Nashville for RockNPod Expo (also promoted by Joe) earlier this month and shared the details about the approach that will included in an upcoming episode of the podcast.
He said, "I was approached by Vinnie's handler and lawyer about having Vinnie return to Kruise Fest this year and I respectfully declined. While I like his attorney very much, the prospect of working with Vinnie again is unpleasant and the cons far outweigh any potential pros."
D'Angelo continued, "Kruise Fest is doing so well, I don't see the need to add the negativity that he would most certainly bring." He added this in the statement they issued on Monday, "I worked extremely hard to make sure that the KISS kruisers got to see what they paid for and I truly feel that very well may be the last time Vinnie performs to a live audience of that size" .
"Vinnie has a reputation for being extremely difficult to work with and getting him to do everything he was contracted to do required a certain degree of intrepidity."
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 4:55 pm

I can't blame them! I sounds like it took everything they had to get him to show up last year and play two songs, "Lick it Up" and "Cold Gin."

Its frustrating because this could be such a cool thing if he actually put together a touring band to do a VVI and KISS set. Too bad it will never happen.

I do wish Bruce Kulick would take his solo show on a full tour if he gets some time away from Grand Funk Railroad. This was his setlist at the last KISS Kruise. I can't even imagine how crazy I would be going if I saw this:

1. King of the Mountain
2. Thou Shalt Not
3. Tears Are Falling
4. Hell on High Water/ I'll Fight Hell to Hold You/ When Your Walls Come Down/ No No No
5. Sword and Stone
6. Rise to It/ Let's Put the X in Sex/ You Make Me Rock Hard
7. Little Caesar
8. Take It Off
9. Forever
10. Hate/ Master & Slave/ Rain/ In the Mirror
11. God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You II
12. Uh! All Night
13. Turn on the Night
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 pm

I really just can't see paying $500 for what amounts to a standard meet and greet. And the thing is, this is like a meet and greet without an actual show. Usually you are paying for a pre-show experience: seeing the soundcheck; chatting with the artist; getting things signed; etc. But this is basically Vinnie noodling around on a guitar for maybe 30 min. No actual songs performed. No band involved. Just a get-together, like a KISS Convention light.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:14 am

Vinnie's career trajecctory is one of the more disappointing in RNR. I love his stuff with KISS and love the VVI records.

It's too bad that personality issues got in the way of such good playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinnie tries again!   Vinnie tries again! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinnie tries again!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3